• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just some ideas...(Devs read?)

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure some of you agree when I say moving shot needs to be nerfed. As a human with LMC and good MR you can moving shot all day. I've fought people (and I have 68 physical) who are doing high 20's damage plus the hitspell. With moving shot. So with a hit spell they are doing more then the cap of an armore ignore at a fraction of the cost. Get two archers on you with decent bows and I dont care...you're dead.

My other concern is the bola. I know its been brough up many times before but we really need to address this. Make it where you can parry them just like weapon attacks. This just makes the zerg guilds more powerful. The only people who dare jump on foot are those who outnumber the opponents. (ok ok I know there's some of you so uber fighters who will dismount with a bola when fighting 1v7, but not me)

I had an interesting idea for those who use illegal programs....we all know UO would lose 1/3 or more of their customer base for banning all of the hackers and what not, but what if they just...changed somethings. For instance...if they could run a quick scan of a subscribers computer and check for certain "programs" and upon finding them they would take the following action: For the first offense, all of the characters on the account would receive "weak skin" which would mean they take 100% more damage from attacks. They would also get something like "root" which would make them move 50% slower then the base speed. And if they keep getting caught the symptoms would get worse until the character is pretty much unplayable. UO could then offer to sell the account back to the hacker back up to its normal settings for a fee as long as the customer understands if they are caught again they are done, no questions asked.

Just some ideas.... :p

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree with moving shot, it is severely overpowered, ive gotten mortaled and i try to run after being mortaled and i get moving shotted to death while i am literally a screen ahead of them, its pretty dumb, also the base damage for crossbows and heavy crossbows needs to be nerfed, they hit for almost as much as an armor ignore with a regular shot

bolas i dont really encounter too often so im not too concerned with them

as far as illegal programs, many people use them often and would not find the game enjoyable without them so punishing people that use them might force people to quit all together, people already take the risk of being caught right now, however certain hacks that make people move faster should have action taken against their account, programs that run scripts to perform certain actions are basically used to save clicking time whereas programs that make people faster give players a huge advantage over legitimate players which is unfair, then you have games like WOW which do not even allow you to log into the game if you're running a 3rd party program

T

T_Amon_from_work

i agree with moving shot, it is severely overpowered, ive gotten mortaled and i try to run after being mortaled and i get moving shotted to death while i am literally a screen ahead of them, its pretty dumb, also the base damage for crossbows and heavy crossbows needs to be nerfed, they hit for almost as much as an armor ignore with a regular shot

bolas i dont really encounter too often so im not too concerned with them

as far as illegal programs, many people use them often and would not find the game enjoyable without them so punishing people that use them might force people to quit all together, people already take the risk of being caught right now, however certain hacks that make people move faster should have action taken against their account, programs that run scripts to perform certain actions are basically used to save clicking time whereas programs that make people faster give players a huge advantage over legitimate players which is unfair, then you have games like WOW which do not even allow you to log into the game if you're running a 3rd party program
So, instead of doing (apparently) nothing now, making illegal gameplay unpalatable should not be considerd? The unpalatable gameplay by making the characters nerfed is better than a ban that totally removes the gameplay. <shrug> Just one idjut's opinion!!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this would be easier to talk about if i could mention specific programs but i cannot, basically some that make people move faster in game should have strict actions taken against peoples accounts, but ones that save people clicking time should not be as severe if caught with it, i guess its good to prevent carpal tunnel or however that is spelled heh, i can understand peoples views on illegal programs overall so maybe an action taken against all would be best though

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just irritates me. If you go to greatlakes forums you can see a member of a certain guild blatantly breaking the rules. He posted a screenshot on a forum he thought was safe but someone found it and posted it for all to see. It's a shame!
Moving shot needs to be way more expensive mana wise. It's just nuts.
Bolas...I get hit with them everyday. No joke. Everyone on Great Lakes carries at least 1 or two.

T

T_Amon_from_work

this would be easier to talk about if i could mention specific programs but i cannot, basically some that make people move faster in game should have strict actions taken against peoples accounts, but ones that save people clicking time should not be as severe if caught with it, i guess its good to prevent carpal tunnel or however that is spelled heh, i can understand peoples views on illegal programs overall so maybe an action taken against all would be best though
On this, I do not disagree at all. Carpal tunnel is nasty (wife and 2 coworkers have gone thru it), but click reduction is available with 2D and UO Assist. Both KR and 2D have macro systems in them, with KR going well against UOA in several aspects.