• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just returned

Sharpside

Visitor
Hey all, player since launch and still got the same account.

few questions:
- are their any discord channels where the community is coming together?
- last I played was 2015ish. Just logged in and I still got my house. How is that possible? I did pay always for my account but not the recent years.
- so happy to be back once again and hope to see you guys around.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Now you can find most of active players on your shard in Hythloth dungeon.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

few questions:
- last I played was 2015ish. Just logged in and I still got my house. How is that possible? I did pay always for my account but not the recent years.
If you still have a house you've been paying they fall after 90 days

Ace

Visitor
I just returned since 2005! I had a capped out warrior, but now when I log in he has nothing on him, and I have no possessions. When I first logged in it said there were rewards for veteran players, how do I get these rewards? It was on the screen as a scroll and i clicked through them, said something about halloween. How do I get the veteran items when coming back to UO? Also how do I switch a characters shards.

Ace

Visitor
I just returned since 2005! I had a capped out warrior, but now when I log in he has nothing on him, and I have no possessions. When I first logged in it said there were rewards for veteran players, how do I get these rewards? It was on the screen as a scroll and i clicked through them, said something about halloween. How do I get the veteran items when coming back to UO? Also how do I switch a characters shards.
oh yeah and it said i also had access to a veteran mount like a warthog or something.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

few questions:
Welcome back! The UO-CAH discord is pretty active and very helpful: Join the UO [Cah] Discord Server!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
but isnt it free now? Glad I did. would be seriously bumped it i would have lost it.
No not free there are endless journey accounts (old accounts reopened after xxx days have passed) but they are not allowed houses so that's not the case with you

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
but isnt it free now? Glad I did. would be seriously bumped it i would have lost it.
Only PAID Accounts can place or own a house. If your house is still there I would check what ever bank account that was paying for that account. Did you get more Vet Rewards while you were gone? Check your paper doll Character Profile to see how many months your account is. Have you entered the house that you say is yours and opened stuff up. Double Click the House sign and see if it is yours.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some shards have their own discords as well, like LA

Sharpside

Visitor
yup it all checks out! still a bit lost on where to start and if have to refresh my builds/armor. but slowly but surely getting into it again. Super happy account is intact. Last thing I did was sell all my houses etc and just keep 1 place and I did prepay.

only thing that is lost are my vendors in luna. I guess nothing I can do there right?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I forget but can't you access through the house sign where the vendor was located? If the house is still same ?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I forget but can't you access through the house sign where the vendor was located? If the house is still same ?
AM not a vendor house or anything but i think there is a window for the time before it belongs to the owner of the house. If you did not own the house then it became theres after that time. Maybe check with one of the luna vendors @Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
AM not a vendor house or anything but i think there is a window for the time before it belongs to the owner of the house. If you did not own the house then it became theres after that time. Maybe check with one of the luna vendors @Captn Norrington
Correct, when a rented vendor falls a one week timer starts where the vendor owner can reclaim the vendor stuff from the house sign. If they don’t, at the end of the timer, all items and gold from the vendor get put in the house owner’s moving crate and they can do whatever they want with it. The most common cause of that is the vendor running out of gold and no longer being able to pay the daily fee the game charges.

Every house owner handles it differently, personally I store their stuff waiting for them to come back for about 6 months, and after that I’ll start using it under the assumption they’re not coming back. If they ever do return, I try to pay them however much we decide it was worth.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Totally unrelated but how are idoc houses with vendors handled now i know they used to change to OSI houses and reset the timer i wonder does it all go into barrels or just poof now

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally unrelated but how are idoc houses with vendors handled now i know they used to change to OSI houses and reset the timer i wonder does it all go into barrels or just poof now
If the house owner does not own the vendor then it will go into OSI does not say it now. Was the case a few weeks ago on atl. the house owner came back but was locked out of there house had there other accounts vendors on it the vendors disappeared into sign then the timer started again. And just for you all know when a house with vendor drops they will not go into the barrel. I have been to a few that only had vendors with items on it and no barrels appeared. So if you see a rare or a item you like on the vendor just buy it because it will not be in the barrel. SO TAKE NOTE ALL OF YOUS THAT USE VENDORS TO DISPLAY YOUR RARES THEY WILL BE DELETED.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

few questions:
That's some great luck! Welcome back

Shawn of Atlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

few questions:
If you're on ATL, most PVPers are here:

ATL PVM here: