• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Just returned and have 2 questions regarding imbuing.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks,

I wasn't around when imbuing was introduced and have learned most everything I need to know from this forum. I can create about anything I want now and I thank everyone here who have contributed their time to make this easy to understand so far! =)

So, I have several armor pieces, metal, wood and leather that have luck of 100-120 luck as "normal" loot mods, I know by using enhancing or reforging I can increase the luck on these pieces (haven't tried both yet) but I'm wondering if I can go any higher with imbuing since the skill seems to like to "replace" stats instead of stack them. Is the imbuing capped at 100 or is there a way to stack it with the current luck on an item?

I have also noticed that sometimes imbuing an item will reduce another stat on a weapon, say I add 30 SSI to a weapon that has 250 intensity and lose 15 mana leech in the process? Is there anyway to avoid this??

Thanks for any useful information and replies. =)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Capped at 100 for imbuing, can emhance to add 40 [140], shame loot that comes with 150 can be enhanced to add 40 [190]

Mana leech is calculated off the wepons Swing speed [faster wepon less ML]

Thunderz

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reforging is the way to create an item with more than 100 luck but you have to start with an item with no magical propeties. Then enhancing will raise it further but enhancing will result in loss of itme often unless you use the metal forge tool (buy it from EA)

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From looking at how items were imbuing, I was thinking the cap was 100 for luck. I didn't know the more SSI I added, the less mana leech I would have. This is good to know thank you Thunderz. I haven't seen that information yet. =) That would explain the 50 mana leech dropping down to whatever it dropped to on one of the last weapons I was "Frankensteining".

Percivalgoh, I had forgotten all about losing an item while enhancing. I'm glad you mentioned that, I flashed back to many items I have destroyed before I left the game. I always wondered what that metal forge tool was for. I'm going to have look into the store item a little more. It seems like I'm always seeing ppl spamming to buy them now I know one of the reasons why.

Thanks folks. :) Hopefully one day I can return the favor.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You imbue base HML/HLL. You can imube up to 50 or reforge up to 70 base HML/HLL.
Real HML/HLL depends on weapon speed and ssi on the weapon. So when you change ssi you change real HML/HLL.
(on 2s melee weapon without SSI the base value equals the real value)

Also real HML/HLL can't exceed 100%. But this "cutting" doesn't affect the base value.
For example, you take 2 war maces (4s) and imbue 50 base HML on the first one and reforge 70 base HML on the second one. You see 100% HML (real) on both.
Then you imbue 30% SSI on both maces. Now you see 76% HML on the first one and 100% HML on the second one.

Here is the formula and charts:
Hit Mana Leech - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You imbue base HML/HLL. You can imube up to 50 or reforge up to 70 base HML/HLL.
Real HML/HLL depends on weapon speed and ssi on the weapon. So when you change ssi you change real HML/HLL.
(on 2s melee weapon without SSI the base value equals the real value)

Also real HML/HLL can't exceed 100%. But this "cutting" doesn't affect the base value.
For example, you take 2 war maces (4s) and imbue 50 base HML on the first one and reforge 70 base HML on the second one. You see 100% HML (real) on both.
Then you imbue 30% SSI on both maces. Now you see 76% HML on the first one and 100% HML on the second one.

Here is the formula and charts:
Hit Mana Leech - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Corwin, thank you for the link and your input. This is very handy.