• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just lost 5 slot pet

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was in ice dungeon (fel) with a 5 slot triton, was attacking a paragon white wyrm near the entrance, it was discorded by my pet and nearly dead, then it killed me, i left the triton (on full health) attacking the paragon wyrm, stepped outside to get ressed (healer outside the dungeon) went to enter the dungeon and the client froze,
Closed the client and logged in, there was a long pause before the client let me in, showed 0 followers, logged in and out, no pet, checked the stables, no pet (did not have this particular pet on a summoning ball). No corpse of the pet, searched ice dungeon no sign of it, searched outside dungeon no sign of it.

(paged a gm, they could not assist)

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
LS? There was a triton wandering at the back of ice without an owner a bit ago.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have to be REALLY careful these days when it comes to pet happiness. That crap can (and does) drop in a millisecond. For some reason it seems when a pet is surrounded by mobs or has a pet between you and them... they can not see through them. Pets used to be able to push through mobs in tram, but, for some reason they do not seem to be able to any more. I believe that is what is impacting the 'line of sight' crap and causing loyalty to drop quick af.

Took a Fire Steed to Jhelom Bulls area to raise it's parry. It was stuck at 39 while the rest of the stats were at GM. I put bulls, cows and goats on it and told the Steed to "all stop" which caused it not to attack. Parry was raising fast. Eventually we made our way to the SE corner of the pen. Pets back was to the fence and bulls and cows were placed covering the front of it. Loyalty began dropping. Told pet to follow me and nothing. It would not push through the cows, bulls or goats.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@The Black Smith April fools is nowhere near December.

A FYI for others. Tritons and all other statue pets go poof when released or they go wild. if you release your Windrunner etc. it goes poof, it does not stay as a mob. (unless the devs changed something without a note)

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I once had a pet disappearing (showed 0 follower slots and nothing in the stables) but was able to get it spawning next to me after logging in and logging out a couple of times.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was at the second Dark Forest spawn I did today. I went to the edge when the trees came out. My Triton wouldn't attack a tree so i thought it was on higher ground. Then I sent him to a savage, I got a message, he went grey and did not go poof. He promptly killed the few spawn around and then killed me. So I res and went back and he was still fighting so his tame bar was grey. He killed the stuff then killed me again. I ressed and went back and he was in a clear area. I was able to tame him and return him to the Stable.

Lucky!

A FYI for others. Tritons and all other statue pets go poof when released or they go wild. if you release your Windrunner etc. it goes poof, it does not stay as a mob. (unless the devs changed something without a note)
So your post was a April's fools day joke as well. :coco:

No offense to you but this does not make since if it can happen to you and not go poof. But everyone else it does. Not trying to be a troll but you did write it your self. I have nothing against you I respect your pet and collection knowledge.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Pawain, I'm not following you. Your triton went wild a month or so ago and you were able to retame it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pawain, I'm not following you. Your triton went wild a month or so ago and you were able to retame it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here.
Thank you I knew I was not going mad toke me a minute to find his post.

Maybe he's special

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So your post was a April's fools day joke as well. :coco:

No offense to you but this does not make since if it can happen to you and not go poof. But everyone else it does. Not trying to be a troll but you did write it your self. I have nothing against you I respect your pet and collection knowledge.
Have you not followed this dudes posts? He says pets should go wild and its the tamers fault and now he is posting about his pet going wild less than 2 days after ranting about it.

Now since he thinks it is no big deal, and pets should not last forever, why does he post about it?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not know why mine did not go poof. The whole point I tried to make was that I was surprised it did not go poof, I would not have made the thread if it were some other pet that went wild. I ended with, I was lucky!

I do not know if a Triton that goes wild will poof right now. But if you release your statue pet it goes poof. My Windrunner went wild last year and went poof. And others have complained about their store mounts going poof. I am not going to try to test it.

Dude wants to be a jerk towards tamers and is a troll in the other thread, I don't trust a word he says.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was in ice dungeon (fel) with a 5 slot triton, was attacking a paragon white wyrm near the entrance, it was discorded by my pet and nearly dead, then it killed me, i left the triton (on full health) attacking the paragon wyrm, stepped outside to get ressed (healer outside the dungeon) went to enter the dungeon and the client froze,
Closed the client and logged in, there was a long pause before the client let me in, showed 0 followers, logged in and out, no pet, checked the stables, no pet (did not have this particular pet on a summoning ball). No corpse of the pet, searched ice dungeon no sign of it, searched outside dungeon no sign of it.

Yep..Wait up with the "new evens" we are bound to see gliches like this again. The client freezing did not help also. When you get ready to play, do what I do : I restart the blankety blank modem. Just unplug and plug back again. So I get less "packet hickups" or pauses that way. This especially for high tension content like the Doom gauntlet, or other high tension content. Sadly my modem is an older one and I do get pauses during work-time when I work from home. You may want to consider this reset the modem, befor you start your game time.
Not sure if not having the client freeze could have saved the day, but easy enough to do. I am saying this since @Pawain related that his pet did not go poof when it went wild. Also @Khaelor in past post related that when released they go poof. Supposedly statuette pets go poof when released and some do so when wild, but maybe for different pets? Or they "fixed" this?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do Sampires do ok in Ice? I know my Sampire did well in Deceit. Died a lot but ok. My Sampire never went wild though he got lots of death robes to show for it. Not using my pets in these events for a while till the dust settles, and I am not too rich to re-120 PS or any PS I have put on them.
I do not believe going to RMT to get PS just out of principle, and the dang Spawns are super stingy with pertinent scroll 120's. So cannot afford risking losing a fully scrolled/trained/skilled super pet. For me the loss would be massive, esp. due to low amount of time available to do Champs till the cows come home, and then retrain/skill pets. Sampire best..;)

Lord Telchar

Adventurer

You are a firm believer that no pets should be permeant to a tamer so I think this is alright for you?

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
Do Sampires do ok in Ice? I know my Sampire did well in Deceit. Died a lot but ok. My Sampire never went wild though he got lots of death robes to show for it. Not using my pets in these events for a while till the dust settles, and I am not too rich to re-120 PS or any PS I have put on them.
I do not believe going to RMT to get PS just out of principle, and the dang Spawns are super stingy with pertinent scroll 120's. So cannot afford risking losing a fully scrolled/trained/skilled super pet. For me the loss would be massive, esp. due to low amount of time available to do Champs till the cows come home, and then retrain/skill pets. Sampire best..;)
Sampires are good as well as in Deceit. Similar to Deceit just gather some normal mobs around you when fighting para ww/ crimson / plantium drake / aol so you can keep leeching. It's actually easier in Ice to gather mobs as it's basically a wild open area without doors and rooms. I died a lot more in deceit simply because you couldn't open the door most of the time.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks..May give it a try. Will get some all fire Axes and try it. Last time I learned the beauty of Bushido III mastery that had completely eluded me, and the bizarre art of healing of all things on a sampire with no anatomy, for Deceit. Worked with Para LL's by only by a hair. Died a lot but lived long enough to get lots of drops.
If I get some time, will get my grey robes all ironed out and ready..Love my Sampire and re-discovered some of its powers..Thanks.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
Thanks..May give it a try. Will get some all fire Axes and try it. Last time I learned the beauty of Bushido III mastery that had completely eluded me, and the bizarre art of healing of all things on a sampire with no anatomy, for Deceit. Worked with Para LL's by only by a hair. Died a lot but lived long enough to get lots of drops.
If I get some time, will get my grey robes all ironed out and ready..Love my Sampire and re-discovered some of its powers..Thanks.
Agree that bushido mastery is more useful than sword in these events. Another thing is I think HLA is important for paragon mobs. You don't want to be hit often so you have enough time to heal via confidence / find other mobs to leech. Also with hit area you can leech on distanced mobs even you are using double strike that will make a sampire's life easier as well.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are a firm believer that no pets should be permeant to a tamer so I think this is alright for you?
Difference being, if trained tritons go poof when they go wild (I’ll test), then I fully accept the loss was my fault. If they don’t go poof when they go wild then this is a bug.
Luckily for me this was a fairly average skills triton with only 120 discord and the rest 115s. And being a triton I didn’t have to use a wrestling or resisting spells scroll on it as they spawn overcap.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
Difference being, if trained tritons go poof when they go wild (I’ll test), then I fully accept the loss was my fault. If they don’t go poof when they go wild then this is a bug.
Luckily for me this was a fairly average skills triton with only 120 discord and the rest 115s. And being a triton I didn’t have to use a wrestling or resisting spells scroll on it as they spawn overcap.
They are supposed to disappear upon release.

Not an official document but I'm sure you'll appreciate the creditability of the site.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and all other statue pets go poof
I wish* they didn't do that. Why are statue pets special-cased this way? It would 'a' been easier to make them like all other pets and not special case them, @Kyronix @Bleak.

*I am not allowed to wish until Jan 1, so bop me on Unleashed. I'm pretty sure I already wished for this before anyway, hey, so this is vain repetition.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I wish* they didn't do that. Why are statue pets special-cased this way? It would 'a' been easier to make them like all other pets and not special case them, @Kyronix @Bleak.

*I am not allowed to wish until Jan 1, so bop me on Unleashed. I'm pretty sure I already wished for this before anyway, hey, so this is vain repetition.
Laura, we love your wishes. Keep the coming. Your wish-recommendations are appreciated, not so sure about the Devs. Doubt they visit us here much. There is too much truth about the game here, and that maybe painful for them. But who knows? Maybe from time to time they visit us poor lowly creatures here. After all we also pay for their salaries...:rant2:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Danpal @Elessar
See why this guy is just a troll I doubt he lost anything, He wants the devs to fix the "bug" that allows them not to poof when they go wild.

He did not know they go poof when they are released now he wants to grief with that info.

The main reason I posted in the tamer forum and not here.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain like I said I have much respect for you. I have used your guidance in training my pets.

My self i only trained one pet and it has 115 on it becasue of the bugs.

I see your point on what he wants. My self i miss the old taming days of past. Was a very good market for them. Lost many of dragons and mares back then.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the issue with the imprisoned pets is they were basically considered " summoned " pets and was not the just going poof but they could be dispelled by casters and when released vanished because they were " summoned " pets. That issue was supposed to have been resolved and typically an issue with older prepatched imprisoned pets. Grizzled Mares and Paroxy Swamp Dragons had issues with this in the past.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain like I said I have much respect for you. I have used your guidance in training my pets.

My self i only trained one pet and it has 115 on it becasue of the bugs.

I see your point on what he wants. My self i miss the old taming days of past. Was a very good market for them. Lost many of dragons and mares back then.
I don't want to discourage players from building pets because they are afraid to lose them.
You need to lore then every once in a while and watch them. If they move slow or do not attack something, lore than and feed as needed. If you really like building pets you lore other players pets and you know what sounds they make when they are unhappy. So you are used to loring for fun and for helping others to make sure they have happy pets.

When you are in terrain that is uneven you need to be cautious, The Dark Forest spawn has many hills and I found the Reapers can spawn on top of trees and can cause the pet to lose loyalty when you tell the pet to attack them.

Also on ships, you can be turning and not notice your pet fell off the ship while you are concentrating on chasing a pirate or finding a beacon.

It is not common for pets to go wild while playing UO like it is intended to play. I use a tamer daily and a lot of hours so there is a greater chance someone like me will experience these things.

I think I have had only 2 pets go wild on my tamer. I lost a basic 100 skill Skree while beacon hunting(it just went poof, I never found it), My archer lost a Windrunner that went poof after he died and the pet was eaten by a Dino.

IMO the store pets should not go wild, we paid for them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't want to discourage players from building pets because they are afraid to lose them.
You need to lore then every once in a while and watch them. If they move slow or do not attack something, lore than and feed as needed. If you really like building pets you lore other players pets and you know what sounds they make when they are unhappy. So you are used to loring for fun and for helping others to make sure they have happy pets.

When you are in terrain that is uneven you need to be cautious, The Dark Forest spawn has many hills and I found the Reapers can spawn on top of trees and can cause the pet to lose loyalty when you tell the pet to attack them.

Also on ships, you can be turning and not notice your pet fell off the ship while you are concentrating on chasing a pirate or finding a beacon.

It is not common for pets to go wild while playing UO like it is intended to play. I use a tamer daily and a lot of hours so there is a greater chance someone like me will experience these things.

I think I have had only 2 pets go wild on my tamer. I lost a basic 100 skill Skree while beacon hunting(it just went poof, I never found it), My archer lost a Windrunner that went poof after he died and the pet was eaten by a Dino.

IMO the store pets should not go wild, we paid for them.
I think it is more than just those causes man. Check out my post here... I would honestly like your thoughts on it.

Have to be REALLY careful these days when it comes to pet happiness. That crap can (and does) drop in a millisecond. For some reason it seems when a pet is surrounded by mobs or has a pet between you and them... they can not see through them. Pets used to be able to push through mobs in tram, but, for some reason they do not seem to be able to any more. I believe that is what is impacting the 'line of sight' crap and causing loyalty to drop quick af.

Took a Fire Steed to Jhelom Bulls area to raise it's parry. It was stuck at 39 while the rest of the stats were at GM. I put bulls, cows and goats on it and told the Steed to "all stop" which caused it not to attack. Parry was raising fast. Eventually we made our way to the SE corner of the pen. Pets back was to the fence and bulls and cows were placed covering the front of it. Loyalty began dropping. Told pet to follow me and nothing. It would not push through the cows, bulls or goats.
About the only 20's I put on pets currently are Disco and the occasional wrestling. I leave room for the others for if/when they get the issue(s) resolved. I mean I am mad enough when I lose a pet... let me lose one that is 20'd out?!? ... I know me and my temper.. damn monitor would be broke right behind it... ain't taking the chance.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Reason why my poor all 120'd and fully skilled CHIV/AI/Bane is collecting dust in the stables...Same reason my Paroxy is keeping him company there too. Sad...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kylie Kinslayer
Line of sight is the reason they lose it on hills. So from actual testing and playing it sounds like you found that pets may not be able to see around targets. Thus causing another line of sight issue. or they are blocked by the mobs because the pets see them as targets which ill go into.

A similar situation exists in these new spawns or champ spawns. The pet is surrounded by Mobs. Many pets can hold their own for a while in this situation. or the tamer is able to keep the pet healed.
Two issues can arise from this.
1. The pet is doing just fine but more mobs show up and decide to attack the tamer, the tamer takes some damage or is poisoned, the tamer panics. The tamer then decides to run because he cant invis enough to stay alive, While he is running he spams all follow or other commands. The pet cant follow the commands and loses loyalty( see death spin below).
2. The pet starts dying and the tamer cant keep up healing. Again the tamer panics and tries to get the pet away by spamming all follow, but the pet is not smart enough to use that trail the tamer sees as a way out. Again the pet loses loyalty.

If the pet is a mount, I run up and mount the pet and get it away. Sometimes you have to cure it before you can.

If not a mount. You want to avoid this situation, Its great to use a pet to group mobs and the tamer to kill them with area spells, but sometimes the mobs are too tough to kill before they do a lot of damage to the pet.
Get into the habit of grouping the mobs in a U shape instead of a circle (with the pet in the opening). You send the pet into a group and then pull it back by all follow. The mobs will either line up and the pet can munch them one by one and you can still area spell or you get the U shape and you can blast the targets while the pet eats the ones he finds tasty, or call the pet away as needed and you have no line of sight issues.

We do The Dragon Turtle spawn a lot on LS. That spawn is excellent practice and good training for tamers and pets. It has an uneven terrain so you learn what you and your pet can see.
The first level mobs are not 1 hit kills by area spells so you learn not to gather too many mobs.
The mobs deal a decent amount of damage so you learn to avoid your pet being surrounded.
On LS when the spawn advances you see every regular player run back away from the spawn and start over. Group the Mobs and help your pet kill them.

The AI of a pet can not handle the pet being surrounded. The pet will change targets to the next mob who targets them. They will not hit their current target because they will constantly change targets and just turn and turn. I call this the death spin. A tamer spamming kill will just make the pet lose loyalty. Many players think the pet taking damage is from EoO, but if you look at the pet it is not actually hitting anything it is recoiling from a hit and turning to the target the AI tells it to attack but often never gets a bite in before it changes targets again.

So control your pet.
Besides healing and helping your pet kill stuff you have to understand what they can and cant do.

Reason why my poor all 120'd and fully skilled CHIV/AI/Bane is collecting dust in the stables...Same reason my Paroxy is keeping him company there too. Sad...
This is exactly what tamers do not want. Players not using their pets. This is why the devs need to get rid of pets going wild. When the pet is unhappy, instead of going wild it just stands still and does nothing. An easy fix that would not allow this to be used for afk farming.

But two selfish posters and probably others think it is funny for players to lose pets.
@The Black Smith and @Dragkarah so they troll when we bring up a fix that does not affect their game play in any fashion.

Last edited:

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
in my opinion pet should not lose loyalty when they are refusing a comand, or even losing line of sight. Loyalty should only lose when a simple skill check failed when issuing a command, regardless whether the command is accepted by the pet or not. With 120 taming / lore there should be 99% chance this skill check shall pass for a 5 slot pet, if not 100%

Last edited:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Sorry but that is not 100% true, I had a Paroxy swampy go wild, I was able to quickly tame it with my tamer, but I could not then transfer it back to my Samp. Something is off with pets, but as long as the Devs are eating donuts and working on a ****ty shard no -one asked for, I cant see them doing anything about this age old bug :(

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't it be nice if our pets health bars changed colour to coincide with its loyalty? We know blue/green is good and grey is bad (from a CC perspective), why not make the pet bar turn yellow if it gets to say 50% happiness? At least then we get a clear visual indication of a pet getting upset and can feed it before it gets worse.

I know, does not fix the OPs situation but something needs to be done given the time invested in pets these days and for me this would be a step in the right direction.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah keep calling me a troll and a liar. That will aid your argument for sure.
What the guy is asking for is not a fix of anything. I am a tamer and I don’t want it, why can you not accept this?

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I released my other 5 slot triton on test shard and it did go poof, i haven't yet been able to test if it goes poof from going wild from disobeying commands as its not letting me copy my tamer to test at the moment (I only had one 5 slot triton on test already)

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I suspect this had something to do with the pet trying to be stabled when i closed my frozen client even though it was still fighting.
Would like an option to stop the pet going to the stable when i lose connection, especially when i'm fighting. So many times when i lose power in my house and log in dead because my pet went to the stables and whatever it was attacking kills me. Except this time the pet did not reach the stables.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread that I unfortunately don't have time at the moment to go into, but I'll just say this:

- Tritons (and other statue pets) will poof if released.
- Tritons (and other statue pets) will not poof if they go wild.

Those are 2 completely separate mechanics and they behave differently.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tritons (and other statue pets) will not poof if they go wild.
That's nice. But tell that to my Windrunner I never saw again.

I was basing that on reading posts about other players posting that there's disappeared. I'm glad they are not supposed to go poof.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah keep calling me a troll and a liar. That will aid your argument for sure.
What the guy is asking for is not a fix of anything. I am a tamer and I don’t want it, why can you not accept this?
You don't have to use it. When your pet stops obeying. Release it.
Like I said your play style and wants are not affected

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread that I unfortunately don't have time at the moment to go into, but I'll just say this:

- Tritons (and other statue pets) will poof if released.
- Tritons (and other statue pets) will not poof if they go wild.

Those are 2 completely separate mechanics and they behave differently.
Thanks Khyro, i suspected as much and was half way through testing.

So this was a bug then, as there was no corpse.

As suspected, stopping pets going wild would not prevent loss of pets that were not down to player error.

I popped 2 more tritons statues and the second i got was better than my original one so i'm happy.

Last edited:

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
This is pretty much a non issue anyway due to how rarely it happens.

How about they fix actual reproducible bugs rather than fictional ones

I suspect there are logical user error explanations
(edited: e.g. pets have not been fed) to other pet losses that have incorrectly been attributed to “bugs”

Quoted from here

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

As suspected, stopping pets going wild would not prevent loss of pets that were not down to player error.

I popped 2 more tritons statues and the second i got was better than my original one so i'm happy.
"As suspected, stopping pets going wild would not prevent loss of pets that were not down to player error."
The way you described the event for the loss of your Triton, unless you change the story or claim that now you better remember what happened, does not clearly hint that the pet went wild. May be it did, and maybe it did not. The point is that the pet was lost. Bugs exist. They happen. Also bugs or "unintended game design" mechanics, or mechanics that were "ok" 15 years ago, that cause a fully happy pet to go wild in an instant, are just that : Bugs.
Also, losing a pet due to Bug exists. You saw that yourself, it happens. A "perfect" frost dragon getting wild while on the Belfry should not happen. You need to see this from the eyes of other tamers also, and how happy they would be losing an awesomely valuable pet. You need to look at how the past of the taming was 10-15 years ago, and what it is today, the new needs that were crated, and the sacrifice it takes to get/train/skill pets, especially some pets. Maybe you do not care. Some people do not care, and so what if there is a loss of a fully 120'd Chiv/AI Bain dragon, or a fully 120'd Disco or Chiv/Ai Cu? So what? They will just pay one more visit to the RMT, advertising 24/7 in main uo shards, and get a new fully trained 120'd bane or ultra Cusidhe, it will just cost them a few hundred dollars. So what...Right?
BUT. There are OTHER players that to lose that 120'd pet means a ton more, since they do not use RMT out of principle, or cannot afford to blow a few hundred dollars, AND they have put in these fully trained pets many hours of work, and have emptied their bank account on them to get scrolls etc.
Also some people work in RL, and do not have the time to "rinse and repeat" doing another 100 champs to get PS and train and skill pets.
Are you sure you are looking at all these facts, and for ALL the players?
Reality is reality only if you look at all aspects of issues, not just yours. Face it. This taming thing is vastly different from 10-15 years ago.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Is it possible it's corpse decayed before you found it? Good you found a nice replacement though. :)

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
No I was not away for long enough for the pet to die, let alone long enough for the corpse to decay.

I do apologise for Pawain confusing everything in this thread with his misinformation on tritons going poof.

I do wish he would test things like i tried to do before posting what he thinks is fact.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is pretty much a non issue anyway due to how rarely it happens.

How about they fix actual reproducible bugs rather than fictional ones

I suspect there are logical user error explanations
(edited: e.g. pets have not been fed) to other pet losses that have incorrectly been attributed to “bugs”

Quoted from here
This was a quote about pets going wild, not disappearing, unfortunately Pawain has confused the two things in this thread. But I maintain it’s rarity, first time it has ever happened to me.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
This was a quote about pets going wild, not disappearing, unfortunately Pawain has confused the two things in this thread. But I maintain it’s rarity, first time it has ever happened to me.
hm...... i think it's about bug that makes tamer lose their pets, going wild or disappear, the outcome is just the same. But the point was really about players shouldn't be suffered from any bug regardless their rarity, but apparently you are holding a different view in the previous post as you believe it is not an issue if it rarely happens.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was posting to assist with info on reproducibility.
As I suspect the cause was due to a combination of client crash and pet being on separate server to owner (as my client froze when I tried to re-enter the dungeon on CC)
I wish to assist with preventing loss of pets due to non human error, unlike Pawein and Celticus who want to just make playing a tamer even easier. They won’t be happy until playing is just pushing one button.

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Do you guys all feed your pets religiously?

I dont think ive feed my triton since i bonded it two months ago and i use it every day. Weird. Its always wonderfully happy. I wonder if putting it in a stable counts as feeding it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you guys all feed your pets religiously?
Not me, but I do carry food just in case.
I think some commands might have more loyalty-losing potential than others. I almost never use "all kill."

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This exact thing happened to me also in Ice. I died, went out and got resed, logged out to bring my cu to me but didnt show up and my pet number was at 0... I logged in and out a few times... no pet.. I paged a GM and all he said was is it in your stable and I said no and he said you have no pet attached to your char... then he left. My pet didnt go wild... I searched and searched Ice for a black cu or a dead cu body... their was none.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like there are issues with pets being lost or going wild... Hmmm the scores of previous posts are not enough some are still in denial and think we are asking for an easy button because we do not like losing pets.

Sounds like pets need a hard core no loss system in place to fix this issue. I never lost armor or a weapon by logging off.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
This exact thing happened to me also in Ice. I died, went out and got resed, logged out to bring my cu to me but didnt show up and my pet number was at 0... I logged in and out a few times... no pet.. I paged a GM and all he said was is it in your stable and I said no and he said you have no pet attached to your char... then he left. My pet didnt go wild... I searched and searched Ice for a black cu or a dead cu body... their was none.
perhaps the issue is logging out with the pet on a different server, i logged out because my client froze though so i didn't exactly have a choice.
Maybe that is what pet balls of summoning are for, I personally don't understand the advantage of using a pet ball of summoning over logging out and back in. That is why i didn't have my current pet assigned to a pet ball.