• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just for info

G

Hi folks, for those interested I have started putting a deco section on my site, in various formats, KR legacy, 2d and KR default. Have only just started but will be adding to it regularly now. Follow the Echo Deco Link on Spellweave.com

Regards
MissE

G

I really like the funeral cart. And I ave to admit that from those pictures KR looks better.

G

Yes anything using the horses looks so much better in the full KR graphic, but in a lot of cases the full KR graphic tends to make things look not so great due to the weird hues and scaling. The knights for instance look pretty bad in full KR but in KR legacy and 2d look fine. I tend to play in KR with legacy art enabled, so tend to get best of both worlds, (accept the horses and fountains lol ). The water features in KR legacy art move, and the monsters, pets, and grass are in the KR graphic rather than 2d and look so much better, but items take on the 'normal' 2d look so your house stuff and items look pretty much the same in KR legacy or 2d.

Because I have spent so much time recently in KR I figured doing some deco in it, given my interest in deco, seemed a good project to do. LOL and a frustrating one as KR still has a bug that if you try to move something on the ground for a few times everything ends up cementing in place, the item, your backpack, the lot, so you cannot pick up anything. So you need to run 2 characters to do deco, one to do it, the other to 'uncement' the deco'er. Passing a cemented character a trade will break the bug that makes them 'cement' lol. It is either that or restart the client each time it happens, and given sometimes it will cement again on the next item you try placing then restarting is somewhat a pain

Other than that bug tho, since I figured out that doing a character trade will break the bug and get rid of the need to relog all the time, I am finding doing deco in KR is 1000% better than what it was during beta.

I have created a player guild village on Oceania and done the buildings using KR legacy so will put up some pics of that later. It includes lots of water features and stone as that stuff looks great in KR legacy.

Any of you out there who have not tried KR or tried but were put off initially, I suggest you have another go at it. Once you get 'used' to it I think you will find it hard to go back to 2d due to some of the fantastic UI and macro possibilities. If you do decide to try it again, the only up to date KR user guide is on the spellweave site as well. Have a look at it even if you don't have KR if you want an idea of the how the client works and what it can do.

G

Just for example I have dumped some pics up to show the comparison between KR Legacy Art view and KR default view. (legacy on left) Have put in thumbnails as the graphics are quite large, but needed them that way so you can see the difference easier.

1. fully zoomed out shot of one of my castle roofs, the kr legacy view to me is so much more 'crisp' to view, but I think the wagon, palms, fountains, fountain of life, gnarled staffs on the pergola, the horse and cart on the corner, and the barrel graphics are heaps better in the default view. Also note how the 'grass' retains the KR default look, which is imo way better than the flat green mass of 2d grass.

2. zoomed in section of same roof. I think the main difference is although the KR default graphics stand alone are 'better' per item, the fact they tend to have a softening to them with a less defined 'edge' means when in mass they tend to give the perception of 'blurring' which gets hard on the eyes after a while. The 'crispness' of the graphics tend to disappear, especially in heavily landscaped areas.

3. Section inside another castle showing more detailed 'item' type stuff. In this one I am not sure which view I prefer. The legacy or the default. However in this case I did the actual deco in the 'KR default' which is I think why the items appear to be correctly placed rather than deco'd in 2d or KR legacy, and then just viewed in default. The nice thing about KR Legacy is the polar bears retain the KR default graphics, personally I love all the KR monster/pet graphics, even tho some of them take a bit of getting used to when you first see them.

It is all a matter of preference, I know a lot of people will stick with 2d til the end of time lol, personally I have found the mix and match approach pretty good as it has taken away some of the boredom and lets you look at things a little differently, nothing can beat the UI on KR tho, once you get used to it going back to 2d is hopeless lol.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> okay, just for info, perhaps... but please hold still for just a moment.............. </font>

<font color="blue"> *clap*

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*

</font> <font color="purple"> and thanks! </font>

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow very nice page Miss Echo. It almost makes me want to come back to the game!!

G

Ha ha, re-open your account, get KR, spend all your time building and deco'ing and forget the rest, is something new to do lol.

I just like looking at the differences in the clients and messing around etc to see what looks better in what view, has been kinda fun.

G

Thanks for posting the pictures, MissEcho. The palms look especially nice in KR, but I still prefer 2d. Couldn't play KR if I wanted to anyhow. I'm looking forward to additions to your site.