• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just Curious What People Think...

G

After one of this past weekends many auctions ended I now find myself with a complete set of Obsidian Statues, including the rare and often doubted player named statue.

I'm curious to see what people would be willing to pay for a complete set. I dont have any intentions of selling it at this time, but would like to see what people think in terms of monetary value.

Thanks

G

So how many total statues do you have? I mean conservatively you can find the statues for between 300 and 400k. I know some cheaper some more, so that cost alone puts the set between 15 and 20 million, which for the greif of finding them all at least a 50% premium so now you are talking between 22 and 40 million. Throw in the character named statue and well the math says at least 150 million?

G

If I remember correctly there are a total of 51 or 52 statues. I'm at work so I cant log in and check, but I know I have the complete collection.

As to the conservative figures that might be the most you'll get for them, but I was curious to see what any collectors would consider a full set at if they wanted it for themselves. Granted the individual statues aren't exceedingly rare, but I've never seen a full set before although I'm sure they exist somewhere. So the novelty of it could bring in alil more...

G

54 of em complete!!!!

1 Aggressive Cavalier
2 Beguiling Rogue
3 Benevolent Physician
4 Brilliant Artisan
5 Capricious Adventurer
6 Convincing Charlatan
7 Creative Inventor
8 Cunning Knave
9 Dauntless Explorer
10 Dispicable Ruffian
11 Earnest Malcontent
12 Exultant Animal Tamer
13 Famed Adventurer
14 Fanatical Crusader
15 Fastidious Clerk
16 Fearless Hunter
17 Festive Harlequin
18 Fierce Soldier
19 Frugal Magnate
20 Glib Pundit
21 Gnomic Shaman
22 Idiotic Madman
23 Imaginative Designer
24 Inept Conjuror
25 Inventive Blacksmith
26 Judicious Mayor
27 Masterful Chef
28 Masterful Woodworker
29 Melancholy Clown
30 Melodic Bard
31 Mirthful Jester
32 Nervous Surgeon
33 Peacful Scholar
34 Prolific Gardener
35 Quixotic Knight
36 Regal Aristocrat
37 Resourceful Smith
38 Reticent Alchemist
39 Scheming Patrician
40 Shrewd Mage
41 Singing Minstrel
42 Skilled Tailor
43 Squeamish Assassin
44 Stoic Swordsman
45 Studious Scribe
46 Thought-Provoking Writer
47 Treacherous Scoundrel
48 Troubled Poet
49 Unflappable Wizard
50 Valiant Warrior
51 Wayward Fool

very rare......
52 The Keeper of Truth
53 The Patron of Courage
54 "Insert Char Name Here" (mmmmmm???)

G

52 The Keeper of Truth
53 The Patron of Courage

These two in addition to several others, may very well exist, or could possibly have such low spawn rates that they also exist in single digits, but no one who has recieved or owns one has ever reported. As such, they can't be counted to the over all total.

*EDIT*

After taking a closer look I noticed that "the keeper of truth" is on my list, and it shows a total of 53, but the patron of courage is not listed as existing or being hypothetical... this list is from http://home.wmis.net/~gretchen/obsidian.html

STATUE NAME

Yourself
Aggressive Cavalier
Beguiling rogue
Benevolent physician
Brilliant artisan
Capricious Adventurer
Convincing charlatan
Creative inventor
Cunning Knave
Dauntless Explorer
Despicable Ruffian
Earnest Malcontent
Exultant Animal Tamer
Famed Adventurer
Fanatical Crusader
Fastidious Clerk
Fearless Hunter
Festive Harlequi
Fierce Soldier
Frugal Magnate
Glib Pundit
Gnomic Shaman
Idiotic Madman
Imaginative Designer
Inept Conjurer
Inventive Blacksmith
Judicious Mayor
Masterful Chef
Masterful Woodworker
Melancholy Clown
Melodic Bard
Mirthful Jester
Nervous Surgeon
Peaceful Scholar
Prolific Gardener
Quixotic Knight
Regal Aristocrat
Resourceful Smith
Reticent Alchemist
Scheming Patrician
Shrewd Mage
Singing Minstrel
Skilled Tailor
Squeamish Assassin
Stoic Swordsman
Studious Scribe
The Keeper of Truth
Thought Provoking Writer
Treacherous Scoundrel
Troubled Poet
Unflappable Wizard
Valiant Warrior
Wayward Fool
Rumored--but never verified:

Clever Beggar*

Sanctified Priest*

Merciful Guard*

Innovative Architect*

Graceful Noblewoman*

Fierce Warrior*

Fidgety Assassin*

Creative tinker*

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a statue of The Patron of Courage with my own eyes. I think it emerged after most of the lists were compiled.

K

Kratos Aurion

I remember seeing the a character named one last year selling for 20m. I believe no one bought it so the person eventually removed it from the vendor. I guess at that point in time either no one cared or the wrong people were looking at it.

But Im sure some people are willing to pay loads more

C

craememp

I also have seen the Patron of Courage obsidian statue with my own eyes... because I own it. It's on Great Lakes. I got it off a vendor on a different shard for a ridiculously low price... 5 million, maybe?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know about full set but if you were to somehow find one with the name Tomas Bryce on it, I will give you 150M :>

G

You'd give him 150 mill just to find one with your name on it?? Wow, how much would you pay to buy one!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You'd give him 150 mill just to find one with your name on it?? Wow, how much would you pay to buy one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give him a Sarsmi for it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give him a Sarsmi for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize there was enough gold in the game for you to afford a sarsmi...