• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just came back, and I can't kill anything!!

M

Mialee

so I just started playing my Mage again, and I find that I can't kill anything! I'm trying to hunt ogre lords for money, after having tried and failed hunting blood eles. So far I've lost about 10k in insurance money!! I can't save money to buy my house like that lol

Here's my Template so far:

GM Magery
104 Med
89.5 Eval Int
and then small stuff like 67.5 animal lore, 56.4 taming, and 24.2 inscription.

Should I raise my other skills first or can I hunt with these skills to raise money for my house? I only need like 65k more or something

S

sean_lo

You can always go kill demons.. just throw a buncha evs.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your Magery might not be the problem.
How are your resists?
If they are low you must dance away before the beasties get close.

Park a packy outside Despise and clean the place out.
Hides always sell well.

Give the Titans and Cyclops a try too.
If your poison resists are low you can always take a few orange petals with you.

Daemons are an option but it takes more than a few evs depending on where you are hunting. Daemon Valley in Ilsh sports some Golden Wonders. Daemon Temple has the Super Dragon prowling about. There is always Wind but again if your resists are a bit on the low side remember Daemons do like to teleport on top of you too. Usually only after they have paralyzed you though. Blighters!

Be Safe

G

<blockquote><hr>

You can always go kill demons.. just throw a buncha evs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also earth elementals do quite well on demons. Summon up 2 and invis yourself. They eat right thru them.

G

if all else fails you can always walk around the Painted Cave during peak hours and loot the gold off of the trogs that other people don't bother looting. Some people in there aren't even there for the coins and will let you take it. It's polite to ask, then again if you're the unsavory sort...

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An easy way to solo in Painted Caves is to cast 3 poison fields next to each other - one on you, on in front of you, and one behind you. Then toss out EV's and let them do the dirty work. Trogs will wonder up and hit you every now and then, but the poison drives them back and you can quickly heal yourself. I'm Legendary Wrestling and they are rarely able to come in the fields long enough to damage me.

I

imported_lord richard

you may want to try to add spell weaving to your template, the spells of that are helpful such as nature's fury, and the really neat one you can "tame" any type of humanoid (anything that a repond slayer will kill)creature to do your bidding. I just wished they hadn't nerffed the slots for EV from 5 to 2.