• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Just a warning to the Rare Sellers community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder to rare sellers that a certain individual that is also a member of the stratics community is lurking around your houses. What constitutes them to constantly monitor your house for hours on end? Obviously something not good but watch out for your vendors if they're being scripted and if they happen to sneak into your house without you knowing. Yes I know who the individual is but of course we're not allowed to state it blatantly out loud on the board. However feel free to PM or ICQ me if you would like to know the character names.

Here's some screenshots of all 3 locations simultaneously being monitored, yes this individual is actually running 3 clients simultaneously just to do this act.

I'm pretty sure some other individuals know who these images below are referring to already as they've experienced it first hand. However it's best for the rest of the community to know and be aware if they normally don't run tracking on a character.

Location 1:
location 1.jpg
Location 2:
location 2.jpg

Location 3:
location 3.jpg

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or possibly a auto-loot script if you put something down on floor to secure it (without checking house for hidden players first).

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's when I change my museum to private , then do a search to see if anyone is left inside. Then I will bring out the toys to display. Paranoia can be a good thing. :p

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UUMMMM We have a SPY spying on players hoping to do whatever that spy wants to do and now we have a SPY spying on the Spy spying on the players and posting it on Stratics. Guess nobody told you that you always check your house before unlocking/moving stuff around in your house and that UO even has skills that goes with that SPY you are spying on.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like the main purpose of this post was about the vendor scripting (which prevents anyone from buying something from your vendor because someone else permanently has it pending sale) it also brings up advice to be careful when locking stuff down in a house. I guess i don't understand any reason to ridicule the post in any way.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel like the main purpose of this post was about the vendor scripting (which prevents anyone from buying something from your vendor because someone else permanently has it pending sale) it also brings up advice to be careful when locking stuff down in a house. I guess i don't understand any reason to ridicule the post in any way.
Because that is 100% not what is happening and the OP knows that.

The fact is, the only thing that happens is the OP gets immediately undercut in price for new rares they put on their vendor. Why? Because the OP immediately also undercuts as well, so they have their little war going.

Its incredibly disingenuous trying to post this as if the stealthed player has ever:
1. Prevented people from buying off their vendor
2. Entered their house trying to steal anything

Last edited:

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because that is 100% not what is happening and the OP knows that.
Uh the fact is I DON'T know that. I'm not at my vendor all day long to know what goes on. All I know is that a certain someone is camping outside my house and I have to be careful to spend time to use detect hidden and tracking whenever I enter my OWN house because of this individual camping out there. If he hasn't done it yet, it doesn't mean he can't do it. His character is less than 6 steps away from sneaking into my house and can do it at any time. THIS is the fact of the matter. I don't see how you can cover it up otherwise.

PS A certain individual placed 8 bagballs around my vendor one late evening after a event. @Promathia you might know more about that as it wasn't just sitting back and watching with actions like that.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uh the fact is I DON'T know that. I'm not at my vendor all day long to know what goes on. All I know is that a certain someone is camping outside my house and I have to be careful to spend time to use detect hidden and tracking whenever I enter my OWN house because of this individual camping out there. If he hasn't done it yet, it doesn't mean he can't do it. His character is less than 6 steps away from sneaking into my house and can do it at any time. THIS is the fact of the matter. I don't see how you can cover it up otherwise.

PS A certain individual placed 8 bagballs around my vendor one late evening after a event. @Promathia you might know more about that as it wasn't just sitting back and watching with actions like that.

So the worst you have is that at one single evening, 8 bagballs were placed near your house? I don't really have anything against you Kazute but I think its BS to try to insinuate some nefarious plot when you know for a fact all they are doing is watching your vendor/prices. Maybe if you didn't instantly try to undercut every other seller you wouldn't have someone watching your vendor so they can do it right back to you.

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this post went sideways a bit. Time to wrap it up is all Im saying. Lets just all be aware of our surroundings and take the precautionary measure we should be.

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, clearly I'm supposed to come and make the post after I've been victimized and robbed of multiple plats right?:rolleyes: Also clearly everyone else who plays UO and wants to find out someone's vendor price plants a hidden stealth character next to someone's house so they can watch one day and then rob the next.

Last I heard, vendor search has been out for several years so I'm not buying the need to plant hidden stealth characters at someones house. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you didn't instantly try to undercut every other seller you wouldn't have someone watching your vendor so they can do it right back to you.
That's a pretty funny statement since:
1. I'm lowering the prices to prices I'm willing to sell at. Wait what? I'm lowering rare prices? Better burn me at the stake.
2. I'm not even on UO for the majority of the day. I find it hilarious that I'm being accused of undercutting every other seller "instantly".

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm glad Stratics now allows witch hunts for hidden players that are admittedly doing nothing! What a time to be alive!

I couldn't make a similar post saying my vendor is being griefed 23/7 without being warned by a moderator, "You may not have named anyone, but you're not fooling anyone regarding who this is about. Especially with the 'ICQ me and I can confirm'. Stratics is NOT the place for this type of activity." even though the person ICQ'd me and said they were messing with my vendor. It's good they've changed their mind. We can see what a constructive thread this has become.

By the way, this is still happening to my vendor but if I make a post about it I'll likely get banned so I won't do that. Here's what actual vendor griefing looks like and proof. Trust me you would know if it was happening to your vendor.

myvendor.png
reprice.png

If you're concerned with players running in to your PUBLIC house perhaps consider some walls at a minimum? Or make your house PRIVATE.

Meanwhile at Kazute's house:

I formally declare this thread as a contender as a recipient for the, "Thread of the Year 1993" award.

Yes I reported this thread.
Yes this post will probably be reported and deleted by a moderator within 15 minutes of it being posted.

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, clearly I'm supposed to come and make the post after I've been victimized and robbed of multiple plats right?:rolleyes: Also clearly everyone else who plays UO and wants to find out someone's vendor price plants a hidden stealth character next to someone's house so they can watch one day and then rob the next.

Last I heard, vendor search has been out for several years so I'm not buying the need to plant hidden stealth characters at someones house. :rolleyes:

That's a pretty funny statement since:
1. I'm lowering the prices to prices I'm willing to sell at. Wait what? I'm lowering rare prices? Better burn me at the stake.
2. I'm not even on UO for the majority of the day. I find it hilarious that I'm being accused of undercutting every other seller "instantly"
Vendor Search doesn't update immediately and the hidden characters seem to annoy you so that's another plus.

Every event the following happens:
1. Rares get xfered to Atlantic
2. Rare are put on vendors
3. Kazute puts his rare up for ~20m cheaper.
4. Reprice rares to match Kazute
5. Kazute a few minutes later goes 10-20m cheaper
6. Repeat numbers 4+5 (Warning process may last the whole night)

Instead of waiting 5-10 minutes for VS to update, its easier to just watch you do it in real time.

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're concerned with players running in to your PUBLIC house perhaps consider some walls at a minimum? Or make your house PRIVATE.
Clearly a house that's private can run a vendor...:rolleyes: (References back to post 1, that's 3 separate locations). Not to mention giving the griefer what they want.

Vendor Search doesn't update immediately and the hidden characters seem to annoy you so that's another plus.

Every event the following happens:
1. Rares get xfered to Atlantic
2. Rare are put on vendors
3. Kazute puts his rare up for ~20m cheaper.
4. Reprice rares to match Kazute
5. Kazute a few minutes later goes 10-20m cheaper
6. Repeat numbers 4+5 (Warning process may last the whole night)

Instead of waiting 5-10 minutes for VS to update, its easier to just watch you do it in real time.
Back to my previous post, yes clearly I'm a terrible person for lowering rares prices and selling cheap...:rolleyes:

You know what Promathia, I'll concede to your logic. I'll even help you endorse it. Remember everyone, if you see someone undercut you or camp your house, create a new EJ account and train up hiding and stealth then park it at their house. That'll show them what's up. Hell I would even say if you hate the person enough go for the gold and try to get into the house.

Aren't we all lucky that UO is a lawless land even in Trammel? :rolleyes: Thing's would've went down a whole lot easier in RL.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to my previous post, yes clearly I'm a terrible person for lowering rares prices and selling cheap...[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:rolleyes:[/bcolor]
Hell I would even say if you hate the person enough go for the gold and try to get into the house.
Never said you were terrible or that I even have a problem with it. I'm simply stating WHY someone is watching your vendor, because they want to undercut you right back.

Also, stop trying to include scenarios that have not happened. You aren't hated and you aren't a victim. Although it is funny to see how worked up you get over this.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to mention giving the griefer what they want.
So do these people want to steal from you OR do they want you to make your house private? You're contradicting yourself.

edit; **** it doesn't matter they ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm simply stating WHY someone is watching your vendor, because they want to undercut you right back.
My response:
You know what Promathia, I'll concede to your logic. I'll even help you endorse it. Remember everyone, if you see someone undercut you or camp your house, create a new EJ account and train up hiding and stealth then park it at their house. That'll show them what's up. Hell I would even say if you hate the person enough go for the gold and try to get into the house.
Also, stop trying to include scenarios that have not happened.
My response:
Yes, clearly I'm supposed to come and make the post after I've been victimized and robbed of multiple plats right?:rolleyes:
You aren't hated and you aren't a victim.
Vendor Search doesn't update immediately and the hidden characters seem to ANNOY you so that's another plus.
so they have their little war going.
Really... :rolleyes: I think having stalkers in front of my home makes me qualified as a victim, but that might just be me! :rolleyes:

Although it is funny to see how worked up you get over this
Actually I'm laughing with every post you make for condoning this type of behavior. Oops I mean us condoning this type of behavior. ;)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You aren't being stalked or griefed dude.

They are watching your VENDOR, not you. You are fully within your right to price your items lower than anyone else and anyone else is also within their right to price their items lower than yours.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really... :rolleyes: I think having stalkers in front of my home makes me qualified as a victim, but that might just be me! :rolleyes:
Victim, noun: one that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent.

Definition of VICTIM

THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING! YOU HAVE SAID THIS YOURSELF. IT IS JUST YOU!

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only VICTIM is Olcher, as proven in the pictures he posted earlier.

Interesting how people exploiting to prevent people from buying items off his vendor is fine....but innocently watching item prices on Kazutes vendor isn't.:rolleyes:

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You aren't being stalked or griefed dude.

They are watching your VENDOR, not you. You are fully within your right to price your items lower than anyone else and anyone else is also within their right to price their items lower than yours.
I completely agree with both parts! For the first part, full speed ahead with:
THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING! YOU HAVE SAID THIS YOURSELF. IT IS JUST YOU!
My response:
Uh the fact is I DON'T know that. I'm not at my vendor all day long to know what goes on. All I know is that a certain someone is camping outside my house and I have to be careful to spend time to use detect hidden and tracking whenever I enter my OWN house because of this individual camping out there.
The only VICTIM is Olcher, as proven in the pictures he posted earlier.

Interesting how people exploiting to prevent people from buying items off his vendor is fine....but innocently watching item prices on Kazutes vendor isn't.:rolleyes:
Uh not saying if it's happening or it's not happening (honestly a screenshot doesn't mean much) but I think an investigation of how often Olcher can change prices on a event drop night will solve this riddle.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What constitutes them to constantly monitor your house for hours on end? Obviously something not good
Uh the fact is I DON'T know that.
Uh not saying if it's happening or it's not happening
You know what Promathia, I'll concede to your logic.
On the topic of logic, or logic fallacies:
It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false
Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia

Aren't we all lucky that UO is a lawless land even in Trammel? [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:rolleyes:[/bcolor] Thing's would've went down a whole lot easier in RL.
Are you threatening me in RL?

Quick, call the cyberpolice
"Every breath you take, every move you take, I'll be watching you"

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Olcher can change prices on a event drop night will solve this riddle.
Great accusations there bud. Why don't you just go ahead and tell me how I do stuff? This will be interesting.

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you threatening me in RL?
I made that statement as a clear example what this scenario would be like in real life. A stranger is camping outside of your house / store on your sidewalk / lawn and staring your property for hours everyday. Do you think the police would get involved? I think the rest of the readers can guess the answer to this one. :rolleyes:

Even Promathia had the right idea, normally the (cyber)police would be called. Not to sure why you're taking it the other way? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.