• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a reminder for Monday, 22nd Feb 2021

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
2-14-210005.jpg 2-14-210006.jpg
8pm CST on Sonoma.

So any dye tub lock down with security settings to anyone cannot be used by EJ accounts.
Can this be fixed allowing them access?

, So any dye tub lock down with security settings to anyone cannot be used by EJ accounts.
, Can this be fixed allowing them access?

Can we get a update to a question asked before
regarding dropping a rune book into a rune atlas and have the runes transfer?

, Can we get a update to a question asked before
, regarding dropping a rune book into a rune atlas and have the runes transfer?

In the PC games of Ultima we had a group healing spell for the party.
Would it be possible to add or maybe change a spell to do just that as well?
A Arch Healing?

, In the PC games of Ultima we had a group healing spell for the party.
, Would it be possible to add or maybe change a spell to do just that as well?
, A Arch Healing?

Last edited:

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I need to remember this.

Want to ask them a question. Something along the lines of what steps are they going to take to prevent their new waste of time shard that will prevent it from becoming a scripting heaven on day 1. Because that's what will happen if nothing is done to prevent it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No
Email it to me
Not yet
We aren't talking about NL tonight
I won't discuss that with you.
Email it to me
Its on the list
Even tho that happens to everyone, we cannot duplicate it. Can you email us what day, time (including time zone) shard, facet, and coords that this happened at? Also, what kind of character...was he wearing leather armor or valorite dyed green? Are there any6 magnetic fields close to your computer?
We were talking about that yesterday, and decided to talk some more next month

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I need to remember this.

Want to ask them a question. Something along the lines of what steps are they going to take to prevent their new waste of time shard that will prevent it from becoming a scripting heaven on day 1. Because that's what will happen if nothing is done to prevent it.
I'm actually, slightly, almost, holding out some hope for this shard, that it will be mostly classic t2a'ish. And doesn't get messed up with their compulsive need to overthink and overcomplicate things

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm actually, slightly, almost, holding out some hope for this shard, that it will be mostly classic t2a'ish. And doesn't get messed up with their compulsive need to overthink and overcomplicate things
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but anything they create will be a) AoS rule based at minimum, and b) grindy as all hell.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And then they wipe it after a year I think. What’s the point of this shard? Not being
snarky just curious.
My takeaway from when they revealed it is to "enjoy the newness again". Everyone has the rose tinted glasses back to when they first started, and this seems to be trying to capture it again.
Just my thoughts so far at least.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I will only 'enjoy the newness again' if it's pre-AoS newness and still has Trammel as it is now. Otherwise I feel it's a waste of time, I'm not even going to get started on this wiping after a year nonsense. Ideas that seem cool in other games won't be cool here, they will always find a way to mess it up.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If someone is attending the M&G tomorrow can they ask what the deal is with the Live Stream? Kyronix mentioned back in Jan there was a hang out (ie Live Stream) scheduled for Feb... with a week left in the month and no other mention of it (even after asking several times on the official forum) I'm wondering if they scrapped it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone is attending the M&G tomorrow can they ask what the deal is with the Live Stream? Kyronix mentioned back in Jan there was a hang out (ie Live Stream) scheduled for Feb... with a week left in the month and no other mention of it (even after asking several times on the official forum) I'm wondering if they scrapped it.
They have been quiet for a while.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since the live stream would have to have actual content instead of just being able to dodge softball questions from random players interested in whatever personal and irrelevant windmill they have, I'm pretty sure that this stream is just another dodge that won't happen.

Messina: "Oh we're going to do this stream thing where we tell you all the stuffs!"
Players: "Yay! Awesome!" *much excitement*
*30 days later*
Players: "When is the stream?"
Messina: "What stream?"

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They have been quiet for a while.
Agreed. The most baffling thing to me is that they set their own deadlines (and content of those deadlines for the most part) and yet they are hard pressed to meet their own deadlines and even worse essentially refuse to communicate about anything (including progress reports on meeting those deadlines).

I've been in the project world a while and I've found that even if you are trending towards missing a deadline; communicating that risk is never a bad thing. Stakeholders are going to be MUCH more irritated if they are lead to believe everything is trending in the right direction only to have the deadline missed...over and over and over.

:mad::mad:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@everyone Do not forget Dev meet and greet tonight on Sonoma. Lets be the wind there tonight and blow them trees over.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been in the project world a while and I've found that even if you are trending towards missing a deadline; communicating that risk is never a bad thing. Stakeholders are going to be MUCH more irritated if they are lead to believe everything is trending in the right direction only to have the deadline missed...over and over and over.
I think this is why I get so tilted at the way this team is being ran. Ninety percent of the issues faced by this team are due to failing at basic project management (one could argue program vs project vs product manager but in the end it’s moot). I’ve fired PMs for some of the stuff I see here on a daily basis.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Mine questions/request for this evening.

So any dye tub lock down with security settings to anyone cannot be used by EJ accounts. Can this be fixed allowing them access?

Can we get a update to a question asked before regarding dropping a rune book into a rune atlas and have the runes transfer?

In the PC games of Ultima we had a group healing spell for the party. Would it be possible to add or maybe change a spell to do just that as well?