• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a little warning..

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So for about the past 2 months there has been a huge amount of houses falling before they should. And I do not mean actual IDOC time.

As we all know some people close their accounts and open it once every three months to keep their house from falling. Well I'm beginning to think that this last housing upgrade changed the amount of time you have until it falls. I know of at least 5 people in the past month alone had their house begin to decay weeks and in one case, over a month before it should have.

So just an advisement if you have accounts that you do this with, be sure to check your house more frequently.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ALSO... I have heard of two cases now where the owner reactivates the account once the house is in decay, and the house does not refresh like it should at server up.... it continues to decay unless you page a GM or xfer it.

@_@

Zurhet Pebblethief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this problem 4 times in the past. I fortunately keep 2 accounts open that can do emergency transfers, but its a concern, few gm's will do this; need to get the right gm on at the time.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like others in Uhall are posting about about their houses. Not sure what Mythic Bioware is going to do about it but it seems they have added code that may have caused these issues.

May become a great bashing thread on how players who pay monthly and the players that only come 90 days to keep their houses topics soon in uhall sooner or later :p

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yea... I'm sure people will start screaming that houses should decay the second game time has expired...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Don't trust her!!! Giggles has a magic spell that makes your house fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!1111

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ZOMG!! You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about that... Or my uber, one of a kind, insta plot haxxors!!!

A

Ashlen

Giggles I want to thank you for this post.
I seen it last week and at the beginning of this week
opened my main acct I have had active since 97 but closed less
than 3 months ago.
I cant keep my head straight since my husband died back in the spring.
Guess you will have that....

Well as you said it is happening but I will not let my keep fall.
I paged the GM as the web site said and he sent me the canned
response, twice. Then this morning my acct was closed.
SO we reopened it and the keep went back to "slightly worn
And you know they have charged the bank acct twice too but I will deal
with that tomorrow after I know for sure.
So I went back to web site, did the fill out the report thing.
I will transfer it before I lose it.
The people on Marble Island can forget it, its not falling.

Again Thanks so much for the heads up, even opening mine
a day early it was already in decay here on cats and one on
LS. The one on LS refreshed but not here on cats.

Zurhet Pebblethief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly don't know if its a bug or by design; however accounts that are opened after a house goes into decay seem to be flagged with the 7 day "you just placed a house and can't place/transfer another" status. Best to trade your keep as soon as you can then trade it back in a week.

If you can get a good GM, they will even hold a house for you for the week but that is always the luck of the draw when paging.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Giggles I want to thank you for this post.
I seen it last week and at the beginning of this week
opened my main acct I have had active since 97 but closed less
than 3 months ago.
I cant keep my head straight since my husband died back in the spring.
Guess you will have that....

Well as you said it is happening but I will not let my keep fall.
I paged the GM as the web site said and he sent me the canned
response, twice. Then this morning my acct was closed.
SO we reopened it and the keep went back to "slightly worn
And you know they have charged the bank acct twice too but I will deal
with that tomorrow after I know for sure.
So I went back to web site, did the fill out the report thing.
I will transfer it before I lose it.
The people on Marble Island can forget it, its not falling.

Again Thanks so much for the heads up, even opening mine
a day early it was already in decay here on cats and one on
LS. The one on LS refreshed but not here on cats.
You are most welcome. I'm happy you were able to save your house.

N

Nevyn

you need to come back!!!
But there's not as many IDOCs now, nor the big parties waiting for them to fall! And RH isn't around to camp with. No Norrin, or Moiraine, or Wonderbrick, or Machin Shin.

Aw, now I'm sad.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But there's not as many IDOCs now, nor the big parties waiting for them to fall! And RH isn't around to camp with. No Norrin, or Moiraine, or Wonderbrick, or Machin Shin.

Aw, now I'm sad.
funny thing happened just now, i ran into wiz in luna. he just came back a month ago.

he is going to try to talk norrin and his wife into coming back too. you seriously need to get back on here!

N

Nevyn

Oh hey, Wiz? I tried to roll a toon on Silvermoon when he was there but didn't stick with it. Didn't figure he'd go back to playing UO.

Wiz, if you're reading I didn't mean anything by leaving you out of my list bro! :)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If WB and Norrin knew you, Wiz, and I were all back my money is on them coming back too, if not just to retest the waters (get it? cause of the high seas expansion... ok that was a bad joke). We'd just have to find a way to contact them again. Wiz said he thinks he knows how to get back in touch with Norrin. I figured you might know how to talk to WB again.. I couldn't find his ICQ again anywhere, I even checked back on uopowergamers. Just food for thought. Who was RaveX again? Was that Morraine? We need him back too!

Anyway I'll try to send you an email or PM so we stop flooding the forums lol.