• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a heads up for the Devs- Happy Holidays

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs on a positive the use of xmas tokens for gifts brought back the olde school feel of trading again were folks would meet xshard and swop there shard tokens for another shard tokens - one for one...this is a MUST .

Another positive is u made a small collection for folks to try and strive to collect...always a great idea as UO is a very collectable based game now- This also prompts quite a few folks to reopen olde accounts to collect more gifts thus increasing revenue to Origin or whoever takes the real cash now

On negative... 1 in a 100 chance of a collectable aint good with such a small player base... its just not christmas cheer and goodwill when the thought of trying to get a full collection of 8 would mean a minumn of 800 char tokens and more like double that.. thats a lot of chars/accounts/ tokens...

Hey just saying as a active member of the holiday collectable gang this seems to be the message by most of us small holiday collectors that like nothing better than meeting olde xshard freinds to wish xmas cheer and swop our gifts and dream of making the set!!...

AND B4 ALL THE TROLLERS POST- UNGRATEFULL SOD THERE GIFTS OR WHATEVER...[DONE]

Many thanks DEVS for the postive changes and happy holidays to one and all XX

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with all that... plus I am a bit sad there isn't a clicky X-mas item to get from my EM's. :sad3:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did some calculations on how many tree's I acquired versus players that tried for the rare colors. RGN must have liked me this year the ratio was like 1 in 50 for me. I'm also happy that they went to the token system and did have some rare items to collect and trade. The one thing I would like to see again is a totally new style xmas box being the rare item for that like the angel boxes they had but something new.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am also glad that we had a token rather than a ticket. Though I would have liked them to stack. And I'm VERY glad to have a few rare items to collect. Though I think the drop rate is a bit too low. But then the RNG has never been my friend.

I also like that we were given recipes to chose so we can make these gifts forever. That means a lot to me. I just wish the gifts were more "chrismasy"... I don't like the tree much at all I don't care what color it is. But I think the reason for that is 2 fold... first the perspective is a bit off... the base seems to fall into the tile, and the color isn't good.... it's extremely "blah" if you didn't get a colored one. It's like uncolored hair. If it had some color and the "snow" was on it... might look better but it just looks like cotton balls stuck to some twigs. Not what I'd call appealing.