• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a good laugh for everyone

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe people still try and scam in the dumbest ways possible.

I have a keep for sale. Left runes around in game with my ICQ #. Some guy ICQ's me saying he's interested and wants to buy it. Oh Good, It's sold! I meet him there and he says he has to gate in another char on who he wants it transferred to. Gates in this noob char and first thing I'm thinking, "Ya, this is gonna be good" <insert laugh>. I put Keep in trade window, he puts in what should have been 8 mill in trade window. Now we all KNOW that 8 mill checks can easily be seen seperately in a trade window. I see 3 and he says he can't get them to unstack. So... we try using a bag. I put Keep back in trade window, he puts bag in window. I ask what any typical seller, please open the bag? Says he can't, won't let him.. that I need to trust him basically.

His reply to me on ICQ about me wanting the bag opened:

I put all 8 1M checks in the window...you must be trying to scam if you want see the checks

Too funny.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe people still try and scam in the dumbest ways possible.

I have a keep for sale. Left runes around in game with my ICQ #. Some guy ICQ's me saying he's interested and wants to buy it. Oh Good, It's sold! I meet him there and he says he has to gate in another char on who he wants it transferred to. Gates in this noob char and first thing I'm thinking, "Ya, this is gonna be good" <insert laugh>. I put Keep in trade window, he puts in what should have been 8 mill in trade window. Now we all KNOW that 8 mill checks can easily be seen seperately in a trade window. I see 3 and he says he can't get them to unstack. So... we try using a bag. I put Keep back in trade window, he puts bag in window. I ask what any typical seller, please open the bag? Says he can't, won't let him.. that I need to trust him basically.

His reply to me on ICQ about me wanting the bag opened:

I put all 8 1M checks in the window...you must be trying to scam if you want see the checks

Too funny.
The laugh is on you because you didn't sell your keep to what was a legitimate buyer. I understand the need for caution but yours borders on paranoia for what in my mind is not that large a sum of gold.

I strictly use UOKR and you CANNOT move checks around in the window. After your claims of being unable to see the checks I thought something fishy was going on in your end but I went ahead and threw the checks in a bag.

The fact that I was unable to open the bag when double clicking must be a client issue. I'm sure there are others who can attest to this...

After the 2nd atttempt to complete the transation failed was when I said to hell with it. Then you throw out false accusations of being a scammer. I suggest you try the UOKR client and see for yourself exactly what I'm referring in the trade window and try yourself to open a pack in the trade window.

I've never cheated or crossed anyone on Sonoma or any other shard. :talktothehand:

S

Salty Pete

The UOKR client is so ugly how can people actually play with it?

Hmm.... Then again people used to play with the 3D client too.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UOKR client is so ugly how can people actually play with it?

Hmm.... Then again people used to play with the 3D client too.
I played the 2D client since it's release in 1997. It had it's time and place...

I don't see how people still play on it when UOKR is available. :bowdown:

UOKR is awesome! Sure there are few kinks that need to be ironed out but the overall gameplay is smoother and the graphics are far better than anything the 2d client can offer.;)

S

Salty Pete

UOKR is awesome! Sure there are few kinks that need to be ironed out but the overall gameplay is smoother and the graphics are far better than anything the 2d client can offer.;)
Really? I found the graphics to look horrible and the game play to be choppy and bugtastic. At least the 2D client has that old school feel to it and it reacts the way I like UO to react.

L

Lord Drakelord

I play in 2d only, last night during a trade I could not open a bag I had in a trade window, so it was a client problem. Good luck to you both.

L

Lord Drakelord

Really? I found the graphics to look horrible and the game play to be choppy and bugtastic. At least the 2D client has that old school feel to it and it reacts the way I like UO to react.

Sir I am with you regarding the use of 2d and KR. After the long download and patchs, when we finally step into the world of KR and its strange interface, all we saw was the days when we would close our accounts and walk away from UO forever.

Thankfully they will keep the 2d client going, but the day they quit updated it and go KR only is the day we quit playing UO.

F

Freya/Passion

Okay not to take sides, but seriously Madrid If Wolfie could only see the 3 checks, she would have been stupid to make that trade, regardless if all 8mil checks were really in the Window. Either way the situation was Fishy and Wolfie has alot to lose. Also know your seller If you were being honest and you had the 8Mil on you, you could have handed the bag with the checks to Wolfie. After she made sure there was really 8mil she would have handed over the keep.

OR if the problem was with KR, its the simple solution of logging out and logging into 2d Client.... But I mean its only a Keep and 8Mil I'm kinda shocked to see one go for so cheap and its probably in Tram.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Alot to loose? 8m or a keep... neither is much to loose, well to wolfie maybe since she is only seen sitting at the bank, makes sense now!

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The keep was sold 10 mins after this thread was started.

The pic below basically says I've done everything this game has to offer and if I want to sit at the damn bank, I guess I'll sit at the bank. (and that's only 1 of my vendors and doesn't count my bank boxes). :)

*deletes pic*

Thanks Freya/Passion... really nobody's damn business what I have in a game.

Enjoy seeing me "sit" at the bank.

F

Freya/Passion

Its alot to lose btw, and it really doesn't matter how much you have in this game. It still hurts to get scammed, and you can't place keeps daily.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Now now girls, no need to get them panties all in a bundle...Lol! Just simply making a statement. Must of been that exciting for you to leave the bank and share this "great" story with us! :popcorn: Thank you! :next: