• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a general gripe on everything ...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Winter has now settled in here in NY. The idiots like the one I had this morning are gonna make life miserable for drivers. Why? Because the a$$hat had 5" of snow on the roof and when he jack-rabbited from the light, dumped half of it as a chunk right in front of me.

It was not an SUV where it might be hard to reach the roof ... it was a bloody WRX! Wonder if they know that in NY you can get a ticket for snow on roof over 3". That was enacted 2 years ago. Of course cops don't enforce it. <sigh>

=====
Along that line, a yearly recurrence of the city not plowing has also started. Seems they do not realize that snow can be slippery and that it should be cleared as best as possible. The State DOT knows it. The city? Nahhh! Let drivers slide through intersections or into other vehicles. Five mile run to breakfast and 2 accidents - all in the city limits.

=====
What's with no headlights on in the dusk/dark? Too lazy to flip that switch? Recent models of US cars have an automatic setting ... USE THE #$%^%^$# THING! It does 2 things for you and others:
1. When light is low enough, headlights are automatically turned on - making you more visible to others.
2. When wipers get turned on, headlights will automatically turn on. Turn wipers off, headlights will go out if sufficient light exists to justify it (see above).

=====
Then there are my favorites. I present ...
Coming Thru!!: This is the bloke who crowds your tail - sometimes to where you cannot see their hood in the mirror - to get you to speed up. Even tho you're already 5-10 over limit. Then they pass (no signals), cut back in lane really short and guess what? Slow down to SPEED LIMIT to make you tailgate them. Ain't happening sport ... my cruise (if on and set) allows me to set a follow distance and it'll maintain it. <sticks tongue out>

I'm Blind & So Are You!: This one is all too familiar. This is the driver who runs up behind you with highbeams on. Yup. Daytime it's not so bad, but for those who don't have the self-adjusting mirrors, it can be a b**ch.

=====
Okay, I think that's gotten stuff off my chest. Thank you for reading, perhaps laughing and maybe nodding in agreement.

Now I think I'll get some lunch. Toodles!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another driver I just love ...
Shhh! It's A Sekret! This is the one who, in Winter, refuses to clean the rear of their vehicle. Result? Why, no taillights visible to tell you they're braking. No license visible - which in all 50 states MUST be visible and readable. Gee, but I love these folks!

Then there's ...
Okay, I'll Tell You. You are at a red light behind someone. No turn signals are on, but when that light turns green, guess what!? That vehicle in front of you is turning AND the signal goes on about halfway thru the turn! Say what?

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winter has now settled in here in NY. The idiots like the one I had this morning are gonna make life miserable for drivers. Why? Because the a$$hat had 5" of snow on the roof and when he jack-rabbited from the light, dumped half of it as a chunk right in front of me.

It was not an SUV where it might be hard to reach the roof ... it was a bloody WRX! Wonder if they know that in NY you can get a ticket for snow on roof over 3". That was enacted 2 years ago. Of course cops don't enforce it. <sigh>

=====
Along that line, a yearly recurrence of the city not plowing has also started. Seems they do not realize that snow can be slippery and that it should be cleared as best as possible. The State DOT knows it. The city? Nahhh! Let drivers slide through intersections or into other vehicles. Five mile run to breakfast and 2 accidents - all in the city limits.

=====
What's with no headlights on in the dusk/dark? Too lazy to flip that switch? Recent models of US cars have an automatic setting ... USE THE #$%^%^$# THING! It does 2 things for you and others:
1. When light is low enough, headlights are automatically turned on - making you more visible to others.
2. When wipers get turned on, headlights will automatically turn on. Turn wipers off, headlights will go out if sufficient light exists to justify it (see above).

=====
Then there are my favorites. I present ...
Coming Thru!!: This is the bloke who crowds your tail - sometimes to where you cannot see their hood in the mirror - to get you to speed up. Even tho you're already 5-10 over limit. Then they pass (no signals), cut back in lane really short and guess what? Slow down to SPEED LIMIT to make you tailgate them. Ain't happening sport ... my cruise (if on and set) allows me to set a follow distance and it'll maintain it. <sticks tongue out>

I'm Blind & So Are You!: This one is all too familiar. This is the driver who runs up behind you with highbeams on. Yup. Daytime it's not so bad, but for those who don't have the self-adjusting mirrors, it can be a b**ch.

=====
Okay, I think that's gotten stuff off my chest. Thank you for reading, perhaps laughing and maybe nodding in agreement.

Now I think I'll get some lunch. Toodles!
I am feeling you, bro. True. IMG_20200703_122240.jpg r