• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

just a curiosity about this armor

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the male plate set consists of the 5 pieces plus the plate helm.
for the female plate set, we have the 4 pieces, the female plate and for the helmet?
Which is the correct one, if one exists.
Norse Helm?
Closed Helm?

Deschet

Journeyman
I had assumed the only difference between the male and female sets was the chest piece. Interested in hearing what others think.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya most want the Plate helmet. I like to get a plate and a closed helm. You also need a weapon. Halbred is the popular one. Buy you could use a spear or whatever.

1605114132138.png

I think players use the plate helm because it says Plate. If you are keeping you can use the helm and weapon that pleases you. If you are selling you should go with a plate helm.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the lady'd have a different helm
if you see the clean up rewards, we have the knight set for male and female and we have plate helm and:
bascinet (no), norse helm (for me the best) and close helm (maybe)

so i thought one of these is the one for the female set

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me I like Norse, plate, close then bascinet helms in that order. I remember trying to find old clean up bassinet and close was harder.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya most want the Plate helmet. I like to get a plate and a closed helm. You also need a weapon. Halbred is the popular one. Buy you could use a spear or whatever.

View attachment 113574

I think players use the plate helm because it says Plate. If you are keeping you can use the helm and weapon that pleases you. If you are selling you should go with a plate helm.
I like the sword and sheld look more. But have two sets with double axes, one with helbred and then have sword and sheld.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There's no "correct" answer. Plate Jingasa, though Tokunoese in origin, also fits the theme.

If you want something closer to historically accurate plate armor (armor for women wasn't significantly different to armor for men) then I would suggest the plate pieces (male chest) and a bascinet for the helm.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Norse helm for the female plate is my choice. For male plate arms I choose lance and kite shield for the full "Knight's Jousting" look.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I actually think the regular 'helmet' is the best looking one for females.