• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Juo'nar (roof) Being Discorded

Wilma

Adventurer
When Jou'nar discords a tamer, how far down does the tamer's skill go? If a tamer had natural 120's on taming and lore, but also had taming and lore skill jewels on, if that tamer got discorded, would those jewels have any effect on the outcome of the total skills lost to the discord? Would an enchanted apple get rid of the discord effect, and if so, how much time would the tamer have to eat that apple before losing control of his/her pet?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When Jou'nar discords a tamer, how far down does the tamer's skill go? If a tamer had natural 120's on taming and lore, but also had taming and lore skill jewels on, if that tamer got discorded, would those jewels have any effect on the outcome of the total skills lost to the discord? Would an enchanted apple get rid of the discord effect, and if so, how much time would the tamer have to eat that apple before losing control of his/her pet?
Even more perplexing is what is his actual attack and why doesn't it show in buff bar

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never been discorded on the roof. But, It discords your real skill to a value, your jewels do not count anymore.

At 120 Skill, vulnerable enemies will have their Resists and Skills reduced by 28%.

For Resists, this is a straight subtraction (if 90 pre-discord, they will be reduced to 62 after being discorded).

For skills, they are reduced by 28%:
120 Skill becomes 86.4
115 Skill becomes 82.8
110 Skill becomes 79.2

Apples or remove curse does not remove discord, it has to time off.
You can hide to remove it sooner or maybe invis works.
Your pet may not obey but they are not supposed to go wild anymore unless they are a Giant Beetle. You can thank McDougle and Frodo for that change.

I get a De Buff:

1659405052594.png

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have never been discorded on the roof. But, It discords your real skill to a value, your jewels do not count anymore.

At 120 Skill, vulnerable enemies will have their Resists and Skills reduced by 28%.

For Resists, this is a straight subtraction (if 90 pre-discord, they will be reduced to 62 after being discorded).

For skills, they are reduced by 28%:
120 Skill becomes 86.4
115 Skill becomes 82.8
110 Skill becomes 79.2

Apples or remove curse does not remove discord, it has to time off.
You can hide to remove it sooner or maybe invis works.
Your pet may not obey but they are not supposed to go wild anymore unless they are a Giant Beetle. You can thank McDougle and Frodo for that change.

I get a De Buff:

View attachment 132980
This debuff is from junar?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In typical UO stupidity an undead paladin is given an discord attack without having discordance...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only Place I have been discorded is at Mel by the Satyrs. Done lots of Roofs, maybe I stay back far enough.

Yes they give special mobs powers. I have never lored him so I dont know if he has discordance.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only Place I have been discorded is at Mel by the Satyrs. Done lots of Roofs, maybe I stay back far enough.

Yes they give special mobs powers. I have never lored him so I dont know if he has discordance.
If you'd read to understand rather than just argue you would have seen i posted his stat sheet

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you'd read to understand rather than just argue you would have seen i posted his stat sheet
You posted one from a site that is made from guesses. If you want to believe it go ahead.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Juo'nar doesn't possess the actual Discordance skill. What he has is actually a special melee ability that can occur when he melee attacks you. Most call it "Necrotic Touch" or "Unholy Touch", it temporarily lowers your skills for like 10-15 secs, hiding/invissing or going off screen has no effect on it's duration.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Juo'nar doesn't possess the actual Discordance skill. What he has is actually a special melee ability that can occur when he melee attacks you. Most call it "Necrotic Touch" or "Unholy Touch", it temporarily lowers your skills for like 10-15 secs, hiding/invissing or going off screen has no effect on it's duration.
Good Info. Thats why I never had it hit me. I use my pet. lol I have even made a box in a corner with E Fields so they cant get close to me. :)

The devs can give Mobs special powers as I said. There are many of them.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good Info. Thats why I never had it hit me. I use my pet. lol I have even made a box in a corner with E Fields so they cant get close to me. :)

Should show in buff/debuff bar regardless of what it's called...as i said sloppy coding

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should show in buff/debuff bar regardless of what it's called...as i said sloppy coding
When you and popps make a game you can code everything in. I am fine with new stuff not mixing in the spaghetti.

Does the roof work? Yes. Does this need fixed? No.

If you are so concerned, go fix that wiki page that says discordance. Or you just complain and do nothing?
Be proactive and not just negative after the fact.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When you and popps make a game you can code everything in. I am fine with new stuff not mixing in the spaghetti.

Does the roof work? Yes. Does this need fixed? No.
Tell that to the OP that lost a pet no wait you'll blame it on them

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell that to the OP that lost a pet no wait you'll blame it on them

Like I said if they lost a pet, it was a Beetle and YOU and Frodo are to blame for that.

Do I need to link the thread I told you this would happen and you said too bad we want EJs not having beetles.

And The OP never said they lost a pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had nothing to do with those pet changes silly
First all pets were not going to be able to go wild. Publish 110 then changed it because you and Frodo kept whining about EJ accounts having beetles that don't go wild. Don't act like you do not hate EJ accounts, Silly!

Then in these three threads you 2 were defending beetles going wild.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
First all pets were not going to be able to go wild. Publish 110 then changed it because you and Frodo kept whining about EJ accounts having beetles that don't go wild. Don't act like you do not hate EJ accounts, Silly!

Then in these three threads you 2 were defending beetles going wild.

If i defend them going wild how could I be responsible for them making it so they cant??
And just because i want to limit EJ to haven only doesn't mean i hate them . I do however hate the let's go free to play with pay to win but not admit model the developers have given us..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for them making it so they cant??
Umm you 2 were wanting them to go wild because you did not want EJ accounts to use them, The publish originally made all pets not go wild. But you 2 got it changed so Pack pets would still go wild because you were afraid EJ accounts would somehow exploit it. I don't know how I can explain this to you better.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My you're special for my next move i will use my total influence over the developers and get instruments made equipable and my top hat made into a valid transmog target sometimes your ignorance is overwhelming

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You just want to deny the Devs do things that players ask, even when they do what you 2 asked for. Mr. overwhelming.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

When your pet hits Juo'nar, he can teleport you to him. Sometimes he'll switch to attacking the tamer then, especially if he hits the Tamer with AoE from Wither or Poison Strike right after he teleports the Tamer to him. The Tamer can be afflicted with Necrotic Touch then.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I run 115 necro on my sampire because of instances of being 'discorded' by Juo'nar dropped me out of vampiric embrace when I ran necro at 100.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One tip: for juo’nar, issue an ”all guard me”, and then optionally hit juo’nar with an attack/spell to immediately cause the pet to engage. Don’t issue other commands to the pet until juo’nar is dead, if possible.

i believe “overcapping” taming and lore +15 with jewels can compensate for the necrotic touch. ‘135‘ taming, ‘123’ lore for typical 5 slot pets. That was the case long ago, anyway - If the reduction values to taming and lore exceed -15, per the skill tracker window, adjust the overcapping to keep taming 120, lore 108.

as noted, the pet won’t go wild if you issue commands and skills have dropped below 120 Taming, 108 lore.
However, if the pet disobeys due to an command, and too low skill, it’s generally no longer attacking or defending itself…

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One tip: for juo’nar, issue an ”all guard me”, and then optionally hit juo’nar with an attack/spell to immediately cause the pet to engage. Don’t issue other commands to the pet until juo’nar is dead, if possible.

i believe “overcapping” taming and lore +15 with jewels can compensate for the necrotic touch. ‘135‘ taming, ‘123’ lore for typical 5 slot pets. That was the case long ago, anyway - If the reduction values to taming and lore exceed -15, per the skill tracker window, adjust the overcapping to keep taming 120, lore 108.

as noted, the pet won’t go wild if you issue commands and skills have dropped below 120 Taming, 108 lore.
However, if the pet disobeys due to an command, and too low skill, it’s generally no longer attacking or defending itself…
And pets no longer go wild ever

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Shouldn't we really be asking why does a lich paladin have a disco attack?
why bother? The odds of it changing are approximately zero.

And pets no longer go wild ever
See my text you replied to: “the pet won’t go wild if you issue commands and skills have dropped below 120 Taming, 108 lore.”
the important part is the pet stops attacking and defending

gwen

Slightly Crazed
It is from same long list of questions like "why dread pirate don't drop dread pirate hat", "why you cannot cast spells /use specials in Unicorn or Cu Sidhe form" and many more.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
D&D lore. In Dungeons & Dragons, the touch of most Liches is highly necrotic, able to inflict a variety of debilitating effects on the victim, from physical weakness, disease, paralysis, or sometimes even death or soul weakness to anyone physically grabbed by a Lich. In the Forgotten Realms' "Haunted Lands" book series, the lich Szass Tam (who happens to be the arch villain in the upcoming D&D movie) accidentally killed his prisoner, Yaphyll, by grabbing her.