• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Junk Proof hooks

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Acording to UOGuide, Junk Proof hooks have 50 "uses" (which I assume means "casts")... Now that I'm getting them in quests, I'm wondering if any of you actually bother to use them?

I mean, 50 casts is nothing.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tend to save them for dungeons (especially my favorite fishing spot, where it's almost impossible to drop crap to the ground)

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Im short a particular fish I go to the spawn area and use one then. Generally Im looking for 2 or 3 of one kind and I dont want to be bothered with shoes.

I started to toss the shoes into a trash barrel instead of the goat. I did it with the fisher I trained up last week and now have a couple thousand points on him from the shoes.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was very excited when I heard about them, then, when I realized the limitation of only 50 uses, my interest in them really went away. With fishing, 50 uses is very little. I think they should last at least 10 times that and also be combinable like baits are.