• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Judge Bars Key Witness from Gitmo Detainee's Trial

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
NEW YORK – The judge in the first civilian trial of a Guantanamo Bay detainee barred the prosecution's star witness Wednesday from testifying, dealing a major setback to the government's effort to build criminal cases with evidence obtained through harsh CIA interrogations overseas . . .

Read more.
I'm not upset at the Court or prosecution--I think that (a) he should pay for his crimes and (b) the Constitution should be upheld. I'm angry at the CIA, who botched the case through harsh interrogation techniques. What a shame.

F

Fayled Dhreams

:lol:

You DO realize ... your a&b >would have been satisfied<
IF
The detainee had been tried by the military tribunal ?

doh!

The follow on muffup (re: your a&b)
will be due to the transnational mind set of the current Executive administration.

/end comment :danceb:

This is a forum for light hearted Off Topic post. For anything heated and volatile such as Politics, please go to the Stratics Off Topic Forums.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, do you both realize this wouldn't be happening if the whole Guantanamo thing hadn't be put in place to start with?

There were a thousand more sensible ways to deal with war prisoners.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Military tribunals may be fine, but confining and torturing untried prisonners isn't, never has been, never will be.

- Any act passed after 2001 if of course biased.

F

Fayled Dhreams

- Military tribunals may be fine, but confining and torturing untried prisonners isn't, never has been, never will be.

- Any act passed after 2001 if of course biased.
That is an incredibly naive "counter" statement

*tsk*

couldn't even manage ONE "better way"

you are dismissed. :danceb:

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shut up Fayled, you only qualify to talk about explosive diarrhea and vomitting.

F

Fayled Dhreams

NEW YORK – The judge in the first civilian trial of a Guantanamo Bay detainee barred the prosecution's star witness Wednesday from testifying, dealing a major setback to the government's effort to build criminal cases with evidence obtained through harsh CIA interrogations overseas . . .

Read more.
I'm not upset at the Court or prosecution--I think that (a) he should pay for his crimes and (b) the Constitution should be upheld. I'm angry at the CIA, who botched the case through harsh interrogation techniques. What a shame.
*ahem*
You DO realize ... your a&b >would have been satisfied<
IF
The detainee had been tried by the military tribunal ?

"It shows how totally wrong the Obama administration is to bring a case like this to civilian court," he said.
"He was acquitted of 224 counts of murder."

:gee:
Holder replied: "Failure is not an option. These are cases that have to be won. I don't expect that we will have a contrary result."

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Holder can't be a very happy guy atm. His decision to bring the case to federal court was a bad one.