• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Journal not able to catch up

S

Sakamoto

Hey

I have stumbled over a small problem, my Journal cannot keep updated, as in it cannot follow what actually is going on.

As an example I cast 3 create food spells, it will show all the text for the first 2, then slow down and almost forget the last line.

"You magically create food in your backpack: sausage", the last will look like "You magically create food in your", and not show "backpack: sausage", untill I do something else.

I have tried full screen and windowed, no change, it works flawless in the CC. I have tried to lower the frames to 20, no change so they went back to 60.

Also it cuts up the text like this:

"You magically create food in your backpack:
a cooked
bird"

That can be fixed by making the window longer, but what is the point of a resizeable window, if it do not work?

Some info:

I use Stone Enhanced 1.1.5 (this is not the problem, I have tried the standard UI).

i7, 12GB RAM, ATI 5850, 2 Raptors in RAID 0, watercooled.

I am running in 1600/1050 maxxed window

Now the EC should be able to run just fine, and it does, except for the journal

Another thing, if I chose to show english and power words I only get powerwords, actually I only get powerwords no matter what setting I pick.

Edit: I just discovered that if I stretch the window long enough, the journal keeps up. I still consider this a bug of some sort, not all have room on their screen, for a journal window that wide.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue is with text wrapping.
Turn off timestamps, and keep your chat window wide, and you won't see the problem.

T

Terrapin

yeah the chat window text wrap is all borked.. id like to see some work put into it. if its a long line of text you cant see it unless you use smallest font, and have the window stretched out all across the window..

WTB a fix