• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JOKE , kinda... - Boycott

G

Hello. I've recently seen a lot of threads that are angry on EA-Land stuff. those bugs, reduced payouts. etc.

I know this probably won't happen, but if there would be a boycott of the sims online/ea-land. All players would disactivate their accounts, this would make an enormous loss of revenue (or income) to EA-Games. but also could cause the sims online to be killed and destroyed.

What do ya think? If that would happen, is it a good idea? (I know it won't)

G

problem is many might agree, but actually getting them to do it is another thing.

G

I guess you missed the whole point of why EA was going to kill the game? Like the fact that they did not get "huge income" and were in fact lossing their own money on it? That the game is still at risk, if the numbers don't improve dramatically within a limited time?

So yeah, it is a dead certainty, that the game would be shut down.

Perhaps a better idea would be to shut down City Hall, so griefers could stop fulminating discontent and rumor mongering.

Joke....kinda......

L

Lucky Lisa

if we get more players to, i'd be IN yay!

would sukk though if it backfires on us and they shut game down haha!

need a few alternative online games before cancelling anything

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Hello. I've recently seen a lot of threads that are angry on EA-Land stuff. those bugs, reduced payouts. etc.

I know this probably won't happen, but if there would be a boycott of the sims online/ea-land. All players would disactivate their accounts, this would make an enormous loss of revenue (or income) to EA-Games. but also could cause the sims online to be killed and destroyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have always had the option to "vote with their wallets," which is what many have already done.

Lord knows, I am a critic. However, I don't see why people are so angry at this juncture. The devs have communicated that they are in the process of working on the game, a process which, by definition, means the game is going to be in a chaotic state. Have you ever had contractors redo a kitchen or bathroom? (It turns your household upside down. It always takes longer than originally stated.)

I'm not a fan of what I've heard for the future of TSO. I am sticking around to see what happens, because I hope to see something in the end product that will entice me to stay plugged in to a community of people I would miss if we didn't have TSO. On the other hand, I'll vote with my wallet if I don't find my place in the "new" game.

A boycott can be a very effective form of protest against an organization. In this case, though, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. This particular organization has nothing to lose by considering a boycott a good reason to erase this game off their roster.

G

I'm boycotting with my accounts and a friend of mine with more accounts than I have is boycotting... and I just found out another friend with two accounts is outta here till further notice.

Yes, it's volatile, but the changes should not make it worse before it gets better. Project manager around?? we need a project manager? Think things through before implementation.

I'm watching from the boards. Not loading the game not paying for beta that seems to just screw and squash the players. I get enough of that junk in real life.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps a better idea would be to shut down City Hall, so griefers could stop fulminating discontent and rumor mongering.

Joke....kinda......

[/ QUOTE ]

I &lt;3 Gilly more and more with each post. If I was a plusser I'd use this [biggrinlove] hehe.

Also more and more as days go on I wish we were back to the time that negative posts about EA were removed from the boards and players that were obviously trying to 'stir the chamber pot' dealt with accordingly. At the time I hated the restriction, and rejoiced when we were given more freedom of speech, but if this is the price of freedom of speech, watching the community being torn down by those who are obviouly not interested in building it but just counting days till the end of our TSO world comes, then I think I understand the need for the curtailing of that freedom, at least somewhat if not to the extent that it used to be in the 'good ole days'
. And no BigOz, I don't mean specifically you since this was at least partially a joke or tongue in cheek, but those who are dead serious when they say things like this just really upset me.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Idea

Boycott (even it if was possible to get the people to disactivate their accounts) = No $ For EA = EA Looks at TSO with Doubt = EA Pulls Plug On TSO = No More TSO.

However, it would technically fix the bugs and payouts since their no longer would be any more.

This has been posted tons of times and its ultimately a bad idea.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

Joke....kinda......

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually a very good idea, no joke...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]You pretty much hit the nail right on the head. The only guaranteed outcome of such a boycott would be TSO's complete and permanent shutdown.

The game is ONLY alive and running right now because the current devs begged EA to let them try to fix the game and make it profitable.

Nothing will shut this game down faster than your proposed boycott. If you are that unhappy with the game, then by all means do what you feel is best for you; but do NOT destroy the game for those who actually enjoy playing it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Joke....kinda......

[/ QUOTE ]

I &lt;3 Gilly more and more with each post. If I was a plusser I'd use this [biggrinlove] hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]/me digs through her smilie collection...

Will this do?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Joke....kinda......

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]/me digs through her smilie collection...

Will this do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! *snags URL* ty Katheryne, the Goddess of Unique Smilies

I

imported_Qute Pi

If you agree with this then why are you still playing? No one is forcing anyone to pay. Obviously there are so many of us willing to accept the problems and deal with the game changes. I for one am NOT quitting, I will be patient and enjoy every chance to check out the new features being introduced.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes! *snags URL* ty Katheryne, the Goddess of Unique Smilies

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you agree with this then why are you still playing? No one is forcing anyone to pay. Obviously there are so many of us willing to accept the problems and deal with the game changes. I for one am NOT quitting, I will be patient and enjoy every chance to check out the new features being introduced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am TOO addicted to The Sims series to quit).

Hmmm. just so we avoid some kind of argue... I just say that SOME of the features are bad.. I mean, the reduced payouts are kinda bad... the merge is a good thing.. looks more realistic... EA-Land name is just awful... The Revival is good.. so it's just that some features are good and some are bad...

It would be good that if we could have a pool before Devs begin a project/feature if it's a good idea or not..

Well... to be honest... the devs are working not to kill out the game ain't that right???? Maybe it's that nothing brand new is happening around that's why I have bad thought about the game... to be honest I just wait for something brand new to come out...

Wow that was a long post.. LOL

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am TOO addicted to The Sims series to quit).

Hmmm. just so we avoid some kind of argue... I just say that SOME of the features are bad.. I mean, the reduced payouts are kinda bad... the merge is a good thing.. looks more realistic... EA-Land name is just awful... The Revival is good.. so it's just that some features are good and some are bad...

It would be good that if we could have a pool before Devs begin a project/feature if it's a good idea or not..

Well... to be honest... the devs are working not to kill out the game ain't that right???? Maybe it's that nothing brand new is happening around that's why I have bad thought about the game... to be honest I just wait for something brand new to come out...

Wow that was a long post.. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

No one likes the payouts. But we also don't know how the game will change to offer other forms of money making. We don't know if the payouts will remain the same as they are now. We also don't know if they will implement surprise super payouts at any time. Thats the fun part about being included in the creation of a new game. We have plenty of time to make money, so I don't feel like we should rush. What we enjoyed in TSO may be boring to what we will enjoy in EA Land in the future...just have to wait and see.

Overall the game is changing for the better, and I look forward to the "new" game in the months / years to come.

D

donnallg

LOL I've already started on the boycott. I have deactivated all my extra accounts. I will keep one open for a few more months to see how things go. But if they add more custom content and take away more of our pay, then I'm gone. I could give 2 ****'s less about custom content and will not spend my money to buy simoleans. I feel as though they are lowering the pay to try to force some into buying simoleans.

In my opinion, the only thing good about what the devs have done is the attempt to merge the cities together. The rest of it I don't like.

If the game keeps going in the direction it's going I will be gone soon. I would have much rather seen the game shut down than have it totally morphed into something else. At least I wouldn't have been wasting my money all this time in hopes of it becoming something.

G

I've already started on the boycott.

I'm helping you. I didn't subscribe to the 6 new accounts I was going to. That will get EA's attention!

N

nodgree

A boycott would by all means be the end of TSO. I myself like the challange that the lower payouts have made. Its more like it was when I first started playing TSO, before all the BOTs made it too easy to do anything. It is actually making it a "game" again. Meaning, you actually have to work to get somewhere. If you want everything for free, install the offline sims games and use a cheat code...... Things are definately bound to get worse before they get better. I stopped playing in november of last year to give ea-land a bit of time to evolve. It was nice to re-activate and see what progress HAD been made. My hat is off to all that are working on this project and I for one am willing to wait as long as I have to to see Ea-land in its finished state. ( pay for 2 accounts and I figure its well worth the 20$ I shell out a month, even if it is in a rough period. No different than it was when TSO was first established. They arent building a new game from scratch here, they are actually converting an existing game over, which it seems is a whole new ballgame

V

ValarieNicoleBF

The Devs are doing the best they can, and only do things, such as reduced payouts, if they think its necessary. I'm sure their not doing it to piss us off and have us deactivate our accounts...they read the boards and try to fix the problems people post. Lee has even given out his screen name, and has been visiting houses, and answering questions. I would never boycott TSO, because the Devs do care about this game as much as we do, and want to see it do well. So, I'm sure they wouldn't do this if it would make players quit or "boycott" because their jobs depend on us playing the game.