• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Join da orks, humiez lat bet'r beh skerd!!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, where to begin with this thread..

The BloodRaven Clan is recruiting and we(I) need some members.. We are a Orc Roleplaying guild on the Pacific server..

Character Creation And Speaking Orc

-Hairstyle- Bald, Topknot.

-Skintone- Very Tan (Not to an extreme though)

-Class- Warrior / Archer / Mage (If available)/ Necro (If Available) Try to avoid Necro Mage combos.

-Name- It must be orcish. No English words or name. If you have trouble go find orc npcs and look at their
names to get the idea.

The most important part of being an orc is speaking the language. But do not fear. It's easier than you think.
Read this and you should be able to speak the language rather well.

Lesson 1: Let us begin this by saying. The language is alot of mispelled english words. Most every word
is simply an altered english word with a few exceptions and orc words. Keep this in mind when you converse
with fellow orcs.

Common Words:
Hello: Ug
Greetings: Greebas
Goodbye: Gug'ye
Log off/sleep: Sleeb
Me/I: Me (orcs do not say "I")
You: Lat
Yes: Yub
No: Nub
Thank you: Rulg
Understand/Know: Gruk
Speak/Talk: Blah
Good: Bubhosh
Bad: Nubhosh
Orc: Uruk
Human: Humie/Oomie
Give counts/Turn red: Burn
(Laughter): Har
(Exclamation of joy): Hoowah
(Profanity): Skah
Items:
Sword: Zult
Axe: Lusk
Kryss: Kult (derived from "kruuked zult")
Spear: Ligg
Dagger: Igg
Mace: Womp
Bow: Kigg
Arrow: ig
Crossbow: Xolig
Crossbow bolt: Xlig
Bandage: Rag
Gold: Shineez
Reagents: Weedz
Potions: Mojowaturz (or just "waturz")
Tribute: Tribuut

Since Orc language is more interpretive than it is definite feel free to add your own brand of words or dialect. It has been known for some orcs to be confused by other Orcs’ brand of language. However it is impossible for orcs to grasp language the way other races have. So no matter how smart the orc is he will still speak in in at least broken 'basic'.

Heres a list from a group of Shadowclan Orcs on WoW

http://www.shadowclan.org/worldofwarcraft/reference.php

Your Orc Personality

ften times your orc will resemble you
as you sometimes act in real life. Variety is great in this manner of RP(Roleplay). But there are
a few things that orcs are like in general. Please read this to help you become an orc.

Step one: *Slow Mindedness* - Yes even though we are smarter than wandering unorganized orcs
we are still not as bright as people and/or elves. It may take an orc a while to process some
complicated speech. This is told by the classic "ehh response. If your orc doesn't understand
something just respond with. "Uki" <Ok> And agree with them.

Step two: *Agressive* - Through
your particular orc may be nice, All orcs have a aggresive side. It is a part of our brain chemistry.
Some orcs may be a little more tolerant than others, but we all have our "Buttons" and we are pissed
We Are Pissed!

Step Three: *Valor* - Orcs are one of the most fearless races in Sosaria.
Even in the facer of certain
death, your orc will not be afraid. However feel free to tweak this rule by giving your orc a phobia. That will
be fun and creative.

Step four: *Party*- Not much different than your average college student. Orcs love a good party.
Drinking, gambling and rough housing is very fun for a orc. To what extent is up to you.

So there you have it, if you wish to join you may contact me, my AIM is Eyrothath24 and we have a forum on the Pacific Roleplayers Ring, I urge you to sign up here if you are interested..

My dream is that both roleplaying and orcs will be popular on Pacific once again along with
a strong sense of community.

FionanPac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How I hope you guys start up as a guild again! I miss having these fun aspects of the game around. Used to be a blast going to the Orc fort S of yew years ago and fighting them for fun.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the kind of fun we could bring back into UO if anyone gets interested.. I am having a VERY difficult time so far... Imagine seeing this today in Felucca.. Just imagine as a community of what we can do.. We did it many years ago, and we can today..