• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Johnny runners gold cannon

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as I can tell, most cannons were altered - check the rares forums, long angry thread about them

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All EM cannons have changed art, it's not just that one :(.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well instead of looking dipped in paint they now just color the actual cannon bit... which IMO is FAR better...

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well instead of looking dipped in paint they now just color the actual cannon bit... which IMO is FAR better...
For ships the art change is great, however for rare collectors and home decor they were better before.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I understand why people are upset. I however like the look much better as I think they look more realistic. I'd be much more likely to buy one of those.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

I have 3 of those cannons, bought them for 600m tot or smth, its not okay that they change art overnight.
Im currently considering buying another rare for 1p, but only to have its apparance changed overnight to something unknown, is not okay.

Who want to buy and collect rares that changes at anytime to unknown arts? we need consistancy here.

Also the name of Johnny runners cannon is "solid gold cannon", well its no longer "solid gold", its made outta wood and gold.
:pirate:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi

I have 3 of those cannons, bought them for 600m tot or smth, its not okay that they change art overnight.
Im currently considering buying another rare for 1p, but only to have its apparance changed overnight to something unknown, is not okay.

Who want to buy and collect rares that changes at anytime to unknown arts? we need consistancy here.

Also the name of Johnny runners cannon is "solid gold cannon", well its no longer "solid gold", its made outta wood and gold.
Isn't that a risk that always comes with being a collector of any sort?

You can't expect everything to stay the same forever.

Apart from that, I like the new looks. But then I judge the looks and not the $$$ value :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The cannons look a lot more realistic now, but realistic isn't why people bought them in the first place. They liked the unrealistic dipped in paint look because it made the item stand out and appear unique. If you look at Panoramix's picture, before each color of cannon was distinct and identifiable based on color. Now that they changed, every rare cannon basically looks the same except the Johnny Runner gold one...they're all just bland coppery/silvery colors instead of the special colors from before.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The cannons look a lot more realistic now, but realistic isn't why people bought them in the first place. They liked the unrealistic dipped in paint look because it made the item stand out and appear unique. If you look at Panoramix's picture, before each color of cannon was distinct and identifiable based on color. Now that they changed, every rare cannon basically looks the same except the Johnny Runner gold one...they're all just bland coppery/silvery colors instead of the special colors from before.
First off a normal ship cannon you can't really just place any ole where... making any EM Event cannon a rarity ... secondly yes some have gone gray silver... but the greenish ones are not blah bland... I think people are getting their undies in a wad over nothing...