• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Jhelom Overrun by Savages - Governor's Lament (Jhelom's Defeat)

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jhelom's Defeat {Translation of: Reasons I Cheat}

The election ran too long, when everything went wrong
In a town, that don't know I'm alive

I once had a notion, with a governship promotion, old Jhelom, it would survive
But the town's too demanding, with no understanding
Of why there's PKs in our street
Some angry young savages and an empty town treasury
Are some of the reasons for Jhelom's defeat

The armor that I'm losing and a savage whose choosing
To stand ready, with a spear in my side
Jhelom's bills they are mounting and I'm no longer counting
On a guard, to help save my hide

The citizens that knew me, could see right through me, when I smiled so easy and sweet
The dreams that I've buried, in the town that I've carried
Are some of the reasons for Jhelom's defeat

My captors keep growing and the worry is showing
On all of the citizens you meet
Trapped by a spear-holder as the town's growing colder
Just some of the reasons for Jhelom's defeat
Yes, I'm trapped by a spear-holder and my life's growing colder
Just some of the reasons for Jhelom's defeat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in becoming a savage?
We are just getting started, check out rules and guidelines:
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=466303&TabID=4024020

Last edited:

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Puts down Savage translation guide and pins note written in Savage speak and English to Jhelom Mint wall*

Nambo, Bishor, and Wegandi,

Me ave iiaur 45 berries. Me write same message ta Salinger belaw.

Rue Tor

-----

Salinger,

I have returned from the lands of the Savages with 45 berries for your release. Hopefully, this note reaches the CLAN. I doubt that the CLAN will stop the demands after receiving the berries, but it is worth the attempt.

As for a trade agreement, I would recommend that no trade agreement be established. Jhelom’s citizens are proud and strong with no need for the King’s extra taxes. The gold may be needed to address future demands from the Savages or to buy help from other cities.

If the Savages get suspicious and question the differences in the length of the messages, the English language is a wordy one. I’m sure you will use your political skills to explain that to them. Hopefully I have not put you at risk.

Rue Tor

P.S. Err… Try to persuade the Savages from visiting their homeland any time soon. It did not go well obtaining the berries. Let’s say there were some complications in a peaceful transfer of the berries.