• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jewellery Box

Bluebell

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just be aware that the jewellery box has a bug. I filled one with my jewels. It was locked down and I decided to move it and was unable to re-secure it, put it any container or my pack. GM sorted it for me but problem will not be fixed until a later patch.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes because it registers every jewel in it as an item. Also if you have over 125 jewels you also can only add jewels to it by having them in your pack and using the add button, before you hit 125 you can just drop them in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was able to use the add button while secured in house
Each item in the box takes up a slot when you unlock it. So if it is more than your house can hold, it wont lock down.

Since it is not locked down, you can not remove anything from it.

They need to fix this soon.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tried to warn people but I posted in another main post I should made separate post. there was no doubt in my mind people would/will have problems concerning moving of filled jewelry box. u need to make storage, if your box has 100 items u need 101 storage. once locked down again will be only one storage used again for jewelry box.

Bluebell

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I must add to this post that I called a GM and they were there within 10 0r 15 mins. Got the problem sorted well box locked down again. They hope to fix this in a future publish.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, a word filter would be all I still miss. Even one word would help already a lot.

And next year a deed box?

*Salute*
Olahorand

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having waited 20 years for a jewelry box, we finally get a BOX (no different to any other chest, backpack, pouch or any style container other than the graphic) that ONLY reduces lockdowns, whoop, great stuff.

Absolute FAIL
Sure we get to take our stuff out of said chest, backpack or whatever we currently store stuff in and gain a few lockdowns, but as for a Jewelry Box that has any USEFUL function at all, forget it. Nope, nada.... this is the MOST disappointing waited for item that has ever been introduced.

Without a sort function where you can type in ie +15 Magery, faster casting 1, mana regen 3 etc there is no difference than any other container.

In fact, at least in any other container that we have had for like 20 yrs we could put in other containers that we could label 'mage' 'melee' 'thief' 'taming' 'bard' etc to assist in sorting although this was still never ideal given the weird combinations that some jewelry comes in. And in the EC at least you can use the little search thingo (on EVERY type of container) to actually 'find' a particular attribute needed.

JB1.jpg

Not this little gem of a wasted jewelry box, all you get is ring bracelet talisman necklace earrings whatever. Hopeless. Can't search it, it doesn't even have the little search thingo in the EC (see above white circled thing) as per EVERY OTHER container in the game so if you have 500 rings in it good luck finding that ONE you need for a particular build. What fun having to mouse over every damn ring looking for the one you want. Why does this jewelry box NOT have that search thing? Tell me that?

Now you could say have ONE Jewelry box for each type of jewelry, and sure on prodo where you get 7 char slots you could get 7 boxes, so could tecnhically have it set up that way, but that sucks for one char per on siege. I have three accounts and yeah can get three, doesn't solve the problem, still cant search for an attribute, and so we actually then need to LOOK at the ugly graphic it came with. Seeing you are gonna need like at least 5 of em the graphic is a stand alone ugly looking thing, which you can't rightly stack in a neat pile as you can other boxes, would look pretty ugly having 5-10 jewelry boxes stacked on each other to save room, and who wants them all in a row. What on earth possessed someone to make a jewelry TABLE, instead of a nice box graphic (like the gold metal boxes) with jewels around it, or something similar. Instead this god ugly thing.

I stock jewelry of all types on my vendors, was so waiting for this thing, what a total disappointment, cant use it as i need to restock as various 'types' of jewelry sell, so I need to refresh my 'thief' jewelry etc, in a regular container at least I can search for stealing or whatever, as above, this thing, NOPE.

After all these years was this the BEST they could do? Surely not.

Even though I will 'save' 2-300 lockdowns the total lack of functionality on these means I won't be using them. No point in storing stuff if you can't bloody find it is there.

Hopeless.

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having waited 20 years for a jewelry box, we finally get a BOX (no different to any other chest, backpack, pouch or any style container other than the graphic) that ONLY reduces lockdowns, whoop, great stuff.

Absolute FAIL
Sure we get to take our stuff out of said chest, backpack or whatever we currently store stuff in and gain a few lockdowns, but as for a Jewelry Box that has any USEFUL function at all, forget it. Nope, nada.... this is the MOST disappointing waited for item that has ever been introduced.

Without a sort function where you can type in ie +15 Magery, faster casting 1, mana regen 3 etc there is no difference than any other container.

In fact, at least in any other container that we have had for like 20 yrs we could put in other containers that we could label 'mage' 'melee' 'thief' 'taming' 'bard' etc to assist in sorting although this was still never ideal given the weird combinations that some jewelry comes in. And in the EC at least you can use the little search thingo (on EVERY type of container) to actually 'find' a particular attribute needed.

View attachment 75114

Not this little gem of a wasted jewelry box, all you get is ring bracelet talisman necklace earrings whatever. Hopeless. Can't search it, it doesn't even have the little search thingo in the EC (see above white circled thing) as per EVERY OTHER container in the game so if you have 500 rings in it good luck finding that ONE you need for a particular build. What fun having to mouse over every damn ring looking for the one you want. Why does this jewelry box NOT have that search thing? Tell me that?

Now you could say have ONE Jewelry box for each type of jewelry, and sure on prodo where you get 7 char slots you could get 7 boxes, so could tecnhically have it set up that way, but that sucks for one char per on siege. I have three accounts and yeah can get three, doesn't solve the problem, still cant search for an attribute, and so we actually then need to LOOK at the ugly graphic it came with. Seeing you are gonna need like at least 5 of em the graphic is a stand alone ugly looking thing, which you can't rightly stack in a neat pile as you can other boxes, would look pretty ugly having 5-10 jewelry boxes stacked on each other to save room, and who wants them all in a row. What on earth possessed someone to make a jewelry TABLE, instead of a nice box graphic (like the gold metal boxes) with jewels around it, or something similar. Instead this god ugly thing.

I stock jewelry of all types on my vendors, was so waiting for this thing, what a total disappointment, cant use it as i need to restock as various 'types' of jewelry sell, so I need to refresh my 'thief' jewelry etc, in a regular container at least I can search for stealing or whatever, as above, this thing, NOPE.

After all these years was this the BEST they could do? Surely not.

Even though I will 'save' 2-300 lockdowns the total lack of functionality on these means I won't be using them. No point in storing stuff if you can't bloody find it is there.

Hopeless.
If this is true I'll be so angry... b/c I already had my wife dump allll of our rings/bracelets into this thing. And I HAD them organized already...... so sad. I thought without a doubt it would have a search function.... like... duh..... That's so sad that they couldn't get this right.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was so excited to claim this item, as soon as I could, I did.

Started to dump all them hoarded jewellery bits-and-bobs into it; was so excited to try out the search function ......

After tossing in about 30 items I stopped and ... gave the search funtion a go, hang on WTF OMG !!!!!!!!!!!

You can't be serious !?!?!?!?!

No search .... noooooooooooooooooooooo

So as I sit there totally lost for words, I start to try and figure what bit I have actually tossed into this useless bit of junk;

Click - Click - Click

I have my item info option set to 'show on click' NOT mouse over ....

Well and truly before I realise it I have dropped about 10 items into my pack many that are uninsured ............ so a single click drops these almost impossible to find items straight into my pack.

This 'thing' er ..... jewellery box also needs a collection point, or drop bag option so once you remove the item you can then (drag it) have some control over it

I have tried some free shards and they have some amazing storage options, why can't we ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If this is true I'll be so angry... b/c I already had my wife dump allll of our rings/bracelets into this thing. And I HAD them organized already...... so sad. I thought without a doubt it would have a search function.... like... duh..... That's so sad that they couldn't get this right.
It is true alright.

At least if it had the container 'search' icon as shown above in the EC it would achieve the same functionality as EC players ALREADY have on every other container, but NOPE, doesn't have that so it is even WORSE than existing containers.

It just goes to show the devs have NO IDEA about how players play this game. You always hear that they supposedly 'play' UO, but in my view they can't possibly play it. Or if they do they just play in GOD mode where they don't need to store stuff and build suits etc.

I can't believe after 20 years they stuffed this so badly. Guess what, we STILL NEED A JEWELY BOX.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I expected this to be like the seed box..... add in your jewelry, I'd be able to clean up secures of my saved rings, bracelets, etc...
More room in house, pretty container, and most of all portable when moving...
Did we get it? Not exactly...
I have found this box to be a sham of what I for 1 wanted or expected.
I filled one from my main castle.... boy I didn't expect that I had that much ! But, when I went to take it to my other homes....
It wouldn't go in my bug... nor a secure to hold it till I figured why.... I was mystified.
I didn't pay attention to the grey print at first....then it caught my eye.
The box was over 125 items......HUH???????
I wont repeat my language after that discovery.
Suffice it to say if your box is over that 125 items good luck in moving it to a new house unless its next door.
Oh you can move it... if you don't cross a server line or have to take a gate.... or the other way... Empty it down to the limit it will fit your bug.......

All I can say is This best be a bug.... or its a pretty piece of trash.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I expected this to be like the seed box..... add in your jewelry, I'd be able to clean up secures of my saved rings, bracelets, etc...
More room in house, pretty container, and most of all portable when moving...
Did we get it? Not exactly...
I have found this box to be a sham of what I for 1 wanted or expected.
I filled one from my main castle.... boy I didn't expect that I had that much ! But, when I went to take it to my other homes....
It wouldn't go in my bug... nor a secure to hold it till I figured why.... I was mystified.
I didn't pay attention to the grey print at first....then it caught my eye.
The box was over 125 items......HUH???????
I wont repeat my language after that discovery.
Suffice it to say if your box is over that 125 items good luck in moving it to a new house unless its next door.
Oh you can move it... if you don't cross a server line or have to take a gate.... or the other way... Empty it down to the limit it will fit your bug.......

All I can say is This best be a bug.... or its a pretty piece of trash.
The seed box is also an epic fail in my view. Again, you save on lockdowns but that is it. Can't sort unless you shift right shift left blimey who thought that was a good idea? Want to find a seed off ya go, mouse over em all as the text on em is too small to read, plus you can't see how many of any type are there without mouseover. And then to top it off, I merrily dump in like 1,563 bright orange seeds thinking ok I will get out 54 to fill 6 (x9) large garden beds. Well what do ya know, your options are 1 or 1,563 you can't take out 54 unless you want to click it 54 times with the gump closing down every time. USELESS. So Ok wanna take out 1,563 so you can remove 54 from the stack, ...... na na..... can't fit 1,563 into your backpack can ya, so guess what to get em out you have to click it about 1,440 times to get the bloody things out (ie leaving the remove 120) option at the end... yippee! I keep my seeds in a bag, they stack, I can remove them in the amount I want when I want. The ONLY use for the seed box is to dump in unidentified seeds and getting them named. Not useful for anything else.

This is what I mean, the devs seem to have NO concept on these issues. I seriously find it hard to believe they have been 'game designing' for however long. ANY player could tell them how to design a storage box like this better than anything they have come up with. I am mystified how anything could be so borked as this jewelry box but given the seed box is such a dud as well I don't know why I am so astounded, it seems it is par for the course.

I guess we need to see if they care enough to actually fix it. Seeing they never bothered to fix the seed box I doubt they will bother to fix the jewelry box. Sad thing is the seed box is a vet reward, not much of a reward is it.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I am surprised they haven't given us Christmas Tree's that look like this, as ya gotta ask 'what were they thinking'?

upload_2017-12-14_17-56-37.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It is true alright.
At least if it had the container 'search' icon as shown above in the EC it would achieve the same functionality as EC players ALREADY have on every other container, but NOPE, doesn't have that so it is even WORSE than existing containers.
It just goes to show the devs have NO IDEA about how players play this game. You always hear that the supposedly 'play' UO, but in my view they can't possibly play it. Or if they do they just play in GOD mode where they don't need to store stuff and build suits etc.
I can't believe after 20 years they stuffed this so badly. Guess what, we STILL NEED A JEWELY BOX.
This is absolutely true, all containers in the EC have a search function which is very useful, but this new container doesn't even have that, so it's a huge step backwards from what we already had. The item itself is quite pretty and looks nice in my bedroom, but as a useable jewellery box it fails completely in so many ways...I might as well just keep my items sorted in their chest.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is absolutely true, all containers in the EC have a search function which is very useful, but this new container doesn't even have that, so it's a huge step backwards from what we already had. The item itself is quite pretty and looks nice in my bedroom, but as a useable jewellery box it fails completely in so many ways...I might as well just keep my items sorted in their chest.
And that my dear is the point hey :) Give us something that is totally useless for purpose after 20 yrs of waiting. Someone's head should roll.

Why they do NOT put the reward/gift stuff on test centre for a month prior to release I don't know. I mean I know this is a gift and it would wreck the surpise and all, but it wasn't really a surprise was it? We all knew it was gonna be included on the token. Because they don't test stuff like this we end up with more JUNK that doesn't do what it could do, the whole potential of the item is totally destroyed. I am left seriously bummed with it as something that could of been a real bonus after 20 yrs is frankly useless.

NOW the ONLY surprise is how terrible it is.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just seems such a shame that people took the time to make this item and that it ended up being so useless and just another piece of deco.... :(