• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy - Will Packies ever be fixed?

M

Mysterylabs

Over a week ago the "drop" command stopped working with packies. Is this command gone for good or will it be back?

S

Sarphus

One thing I know about the drop command is that your pet has to be bonded for the drop command to work.

Is your packy bonded?

This change was made a long time ago because players were tame/releasing dragons (at a time when dragons were top tier loot) and making the dragons drop all their loot.

L

Lord Kynd

One thing I know about the drop command is that your pet has to be bonded for the drop command to work.

Is your packy bonded?

This change was made a long time ago because players were tame/releasing dragons (at a time when dragons were top tier loot) and making the dragons drop all their loot.

since when did they turn 'all drop' back on anyhow ? it's been off for years.

and is also not in the pet command menu.

just checked my greater dragon (bonded), nope looks at me like it doesn't know those words.

and why would anyone want a packie to drop everything? you can access the stuff in a packie, other tamed things you can't, unless they die.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All drop quit working on all pets quite awhile ago. Certainly wish they would fix it.

G

galefan2004

Funny seeing how I use it ALL the time. So it must not have been gone for years. Your packy HAS to be bonded for it to work, but it still works.

No its not, but it is a say command.

just checked my greater dragon (bonded), nope looks at me like it doesn't know those words.
Your greater dragon isn't currently carrying any loot. Take him to ratman archers and let the archers just beat on him for awhile. After that command him to <pet name> drop and I wouldn't be surprised if he drops arrows.

and why would anyone want a packie to drop everything? you can access the stuff in a packie, other tamed things you can't, unless they die.
It makes transporting large ammount of goods about 10x easier.

S

Sarphus

I didn't say 'all drop'. I said drop.

The drop command was working on bonded pets as the OP clearly can confirm. I suspect drop was disabled intentionally, but I am curious as to whether it will be coming back.

Drop only worked on bonded pets that had loot on them (hadn't died yet). If your pet dies before it is commanded to drop, the loot will be on the first pet corpse.

R

RoycroftLS

Some people have suggested that the pet drop command was removed as part of an unannounced fix for an exploit. Even if that actually was the case, like Sarphus said it still would be helpful to know if the change was a temporary fix or a permanent solution.

M

Mysterylabs

Is your packy bonded?

Yeppers the beetle and pack horse are both bonded to me. The drop command was working 2 weeks ago but stopped.

I just really want to know if it will be back or not. The animal reacts the drop, but does not drop.