• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy? Super-Dragon and Deceit brazier

G

Can/will one of these new beasts spawn from the brazier in Deceit 1? As opposed to the "normal" Dragon plus there is a severe lack of maneuvering room as compared to Destard.

I ask as that is many time a training area for newer players who may not have survival ability against a Lich much less one of these. Could be problematic for someone just walking in for an undead run!

Thanks!

G

They can't survive against a Lich but they can the newly beefed up Dragons?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, anyone should always expect to come across deadly monsters in a Dungeon. No matter if your 5 days old or 10 years.

Its good to feel a little "scared" when walking around. It keeps you alert!

G

I think he's asking because they *can't* survive the super-dragons, either.

Maybe it's for the FAQ or a Sticky in the New Player Corner. Would be helpful to know in case one wanted to post a little warning/update for the new players and returning ones, too. =)

G

The Brazier is supposed to be sort of a secret. Why would a New Player need a warning about it? That would take away the surprise.

G

That's the way it used to be. Walking into Deceit to find someone had summoned a dragon and legged it was one of the hazards of the place. Normal dragons used to be just as lethal to a newbie as these new ones. As far as I can see, they're just restoring things to the way they were pre AoS.

Soloing a dragon on a dexer used to be a feat you could be proud of. Now it will be again.

G

Rights soloing a Dragon like pre AOS you have to be proud of it.

I

imported_Skrag

This is UO, where people solo the Dark Father. Get real, kids.

G

You're right ... if someone not REALLY prepared trips the brazier and a Lich nails them the Super Dragon will certainly do so. And that is the intent of my question.

NPC already has a brazier tip in the FAQ, I added a warning about the possibility of these dragons appearing last night - after dying to 1 twice.

JC and others ... these are beefed dragons, not what has been in the game for so long. I died in one hit last night to a new one where I could take a normal one before with a little run/heal action.

I have a Paladin with all-70s, dragon slayer, Bracelet of Health, 50% DI, 108-55-122 (HP, Mana, Stam) - and died in one hit from a super in front of witnesses - tele'd on me, flame, poison and hit >WHAM< dead before I could swing.

Deceit and Despise upper levels have alsways been the rookie trainer areas. Remember the Bone Knight room? C'mon ... if you want to discourage a newer player this is the way to do it - make a 1-hit killer pop out and not even have a chance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a Paladin with all-70s, dragon slayer, Bracelet of Health, 50% DI, 108-55-122 (HP, Mana, Stam) - and died in one hit from a super in front of witnesses - tele'd on me, flame, poison and hit &gt;WHAM&lt; dead before I could swing.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is two hits. More correctly, you died instantly like I did many times in Destard yesterday taming them. Monsters can kill you in UO, who knew?

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

This is UO, where people solo the Dark Father. Get real, kids.

[/ QUOTE ]
DF doesn't have fire breath... the new dragons can insta-kill you if their bite hits about the time their fire breath does.

I wouldn't go so far to say the new dragons are as hard as the DF or even hard to solo. I would say they aren't a creature to be taken lightly, though. I've seen a lot of reds trying to kill my silly little dismounted tamer as I'm lead taming a dragon only to see the red get fireballed off his mount and promptly dry looted by me lol

a good quote...
"PVM is a joke... PVP is much harder "o0o0o0oo o0o 0o0o0o 0o0"
LOL

G

Are you purposely trying to goad me? I don't care a fig about Destard except as an example.

I do care about the areas where a rookie with no maneuvering room triggers a 1-hit killer. Destard has good running room, Deceit does not. A Lich triggered in Deceit, you can run/heal - you CANNOT do that when these puppies are after you.

The fact that experienced players like us can and do die to these things before we can blink should have you all sorts of upset. Did you like 1-hit kills in PvP? Bet not.

You, among others, have cried for a renewal of UO by getting players back in action or new players into the game. How do you propose to do that with something lilke this? I'd like to hear that one ... really. And try to think like a new player ...

G

Whether it is a normal or Super Dragon, the player in your scenario dies either way. Dangerous creatures exist in Dungeons and players should not expect an area to be safe. New players should stick to overlands where there is plenty of spawn to train on. All the creatures in Trammel Deciet level 1 can be found multiple locations.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whether it is a normal or Super Dragon, the player in your scenario dies either way. Dangerous creatures exist in Dungeons and players should not expect an area to be safe. New players should stick to overlands where there is plenty of spawn to train on. All the creatures in Trammel Deciet level 1 can be found multiple locations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with JC.

I say make more tougher monsters. Give people who are sick of 3 hit killing everything, harder monsters to kill.

Newer players shouldn't be able to run through dungeons and not die.