• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy - question (FoF?) about Commodity Box owner

• Thread starter Lady Katherine
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady Katherine

Jeremy, could you please answer a question about the Commodity Box vet reward for me? Based on the way the description is written in the patch notes, it is difficult to tell if the box is account-restricted like a soulstone, or if the ownership issue applies only to the house in which it is placed.

Can the Commodity Box vet reward only be used by the account that claims the reward? Or can it be used by anybody (with a 1+-year-old account) as long as they place it in a house he or she owns?

Thanks!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday on Origin, I claimed the commodity deed box reward with a character on an account that doesn't own a house there. I gave the box to a character on the account that owns my house on Origin and that character placed the box. It had security setting options just like any other container or the dye tubs. After that, I gave the box to a character that co-owns the house and that character was also able to place the box and set security settings.

In other words, the commodity deed boxes seem to be obtainable and placeable and useable (and probably "sellable" on player vendors) just like the vet reward dye tubs. (The only difference seems to be that the commodity deed boxes actually have to be secured to be used. They cannot be used while they are inside another container or in a character's backpack.)

I don't have any accounts that are less than a year old, so I could not verify if a character on an account that is less than a year old can use the boxes, but I would imagine they cannot and would get the same kind of message that they would get upon trying to use a vet reward dye tub.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also wondering about the ankh. Can anyone resurrect using it (subject to the security set by the house owner), or only characters on accounts old enough to claim it, ie 10 years?

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm also wondering about the ankh. Can anyone resurrect using it (subject to the security set by the house owner), or only characters on accounts old enough to claim it, ie 10 years?
not old enought to test it myself except on TC. I have one on the tower I placed there for testing the new items.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that is the case, I am going to have to find someone to place one in my house for me. Having one of those would be a huge help for people who die in destard and there's nobody around to rez them. Apparently there's a shortage of healers in the area.