• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy - Please have a little rethink before releasing the 2008 rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Quite simply put...#

To combat the ''highly duped'' silly pvp 'event' clothing gear...

Please please Add a little more resists and / or mods to the new rewards clothing/footwear/sashes....That is 2 poison on the boots sucks..why not make it 1 to each resist- better still 2 to each resist (half the highly duped vine cords)etc etc....

Reason ...Duping of high end event items that should never have been released by EMs in the first place as really hit pvp and we need to balance this out for the new poorer and older richer players....

F

Fayled Dhreams

no

now .... removal of all those "non-official" (em created stat/mod items)

NOW your talking ...

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

Quite simply put...#

Please please Add a little more resists and / or mods to the new rewards clothing/footwear/sashes....That is 2 poison on the boots sucks..why not make it 1 to each resist- better still 2 to each resist (half the highly duped vine cords)etc etc....

Reason ...Duping of high end event items that should never have been released by EMs in the first place as really hit pvp and we need to balance this out for the new poorer and older richer players....

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

no

NOW your talking ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Quite simply put...#

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

G

Publish 52 institutes the first round of Spring Cleaning collections and rewards

G

I'm happy with 2% poison resist, but i'd be greatly appreciative if they had more resists. Secondly can we have a choice as to what kind of snakeskin footwear we'd like? Snakeskin sandels would really rock. And please bless the silly ear rings, not like they're over powering.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

NOW your talking ...

[/ QUOTE ]

/Signed....Twice!

G

I think 2% to poison is good, but would be a bit better if it were allowed to "break the cap" so that the boots can give us a possible 72 Poison resist

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How about having all the duped vine cords turn into the snake skin boots overnight????

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about having all the duped vine cords turn into the snake skin boots overnight????

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be funny. LOL

G

The lower the resists are now, the more room they have to add better items in the future. Given that the alternative is 0%, even 2% will still make them almost mandatory in any suit not already maxed out.

G

How about just deleting the damn dupes outright? That would be great. There are what.. maybe 5 legitimate owners for each of the items? And ANYONE that bought a pair knew what they were getting into. Since the rest are all dupes.. just nuke 'em all. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" and so on.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

no

NOW your talking ...

[/ QUOTE ]

word , that or let a npc sell a diff named item equal to em for a couple thousend gold pieces , that way the rares dealers cant complain , and the cheating and duping scum trying to gain an unfair advantage in pvp with these duped items , can cry salty tears for spending 100 of millions , prob also duped , on the items !!!

G

Vine cords giving an unfair advantage in PvP? Absolutely mornic lol. If there was an item that increased your PvP SDI cap to 20% instead of 15, then that would be unfair. But 70 to all resists is extremely easy.

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

Vine cords giving an unfair advantage in PvP? Absolutely mornic lol. If there was an item that increased your PvP SDI cap to 20% instead of 15, then that would be unfair. But 70 to all resists is extremely easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an imbicile if you beileve that vinecords are not a boon to anyone who can wear them. why? 20 resist from footwear....thats why. 70 resist to a suit is not the issue here...the issue is what you can do with your armor peices having 4 less on each resist to worry about. think please before you respond.

if i am indeed following your pattern of logic...the *boost* kits recently recieved don't make a difference either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm... if you have 20 resists on your footware it gives you an easier chance to have better/different mods on your other armor slots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There are what.. maybe 5 legitimate owners for each of the items?

[/ QUOTE ]

One legitimate pair of sandals, many legtimate owners who don't know much about them.

Many people think they were an event item, even I thought that there was more than one.

It is not an easy solution. Too many resists and you end up creating an item that people feel is so good that they can put it into their template and it becomes *the* answer to getting a new piece of equipment with resists slightly off. Too little use and vine cord sandals end up staying the highly desireable, highly duped items they are.

I have changed my view about this a bit. At first I thought it an impossible idea, that because all sorts of things are duped that once you stop one thing you have to stop them all. But with vine cord sandals, they are clearly a big enough issue that the developers thought that it was important to give everyone a piece of footwear with resists.

The problem is that they don't give enough resists to combat the vine cord sandals problem. Since VCS are the only offender (correct me if i'm wrong), it might be an idea to specifically target them. Surely it would be a case of making all objects of the sandal type to all have 0 resists, which would be applied to all sandals in the game? The problem is with any other non-duped items that people here don't know about, plus I don't think that the sandals should be nerfed into oblivion - perhaps 1 in each resist is a good idea instead.

That way, i would then say that giving the snake skin boots 5% poison makes them an alternative - 5% on one resist or spread over the whole lot. And 5% won't really make them a significant factor in most templates.

And that is the solution I think best - instead of poison resist that is directly comparable to the vine cord sandals, give the boots a different use - say instead of the poison resist, give poison damage (similar to quivers?). They will override the current properties of the weapon that is being held. This way, they have a rather unique, but by no means overpowering property. Or perhaps give them something like spider slayer. Useful for spiders, but other than for owning Neira, who cares!

G

RTLFC
*cries*
I remember when this was NOT an item based game.
I want the days of wear small woodland creatures and poke each other with sharp sticks to come back.
Mehh!
What do I know I come from a shard with no vine sandies let alone duped ones.

G

Jeremy are you reading this ??

Please if you cannot/are unable to delete the ''super duped items'' and we are talking about the obvious ones....
vinecords with 20 resist
shroud with resist and mods
LT sash with resist and mods

Then please lets 'combat the dupers' with the next patch and balance the pvp playing field between poorer newbies and mega rich vet players, and also hit the dupers pockets who continue to drip feed the market with the super duped items for mega silly gold amounts...

Please brong in slighty better rewards= stats and mods on footwear,clothing and sashes.....plzplzplz...

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, so they now add boots with resist ?

Will they ever learn something out of their mistakes ? I think no !

Soon there will be absolutely nothing a tailor can do for other players beside runic armour. No more player crafted footwear ?
Why don't you just remove those footwear stuff from the crafting gump ?

Stupid mistakes over and over again !

Remove the resist from the boots !!!!! And do NOT introduce ANY wearables beside normal armour to raise resists or ANY other mods !

G

Personally I think that monsters should start dropping equal quality armor as runic armor. There is no reason a crafter should be able to craft armor and an ancient wyrm paragon drops the same crap an orc can, just with more quantity.

Not saying monsters should drop it a dime a dozen, but they should drop runic barbed/valorite quality stuff from time to time based on the difficulty of the monster.

Tired of seeing crafters, which are usually secondary characters to adventurer/pvpers, selling barbed stuff for 200k-7mil.

Its rediculous, especially for the people who don't like to craft.

L

legs

don't add resist... don't add anything..... we are already way too item-oriented...... perhaps it is time to use skills and cleverness instead of new "shineys"

The day is going to come when when each of us has the ultimate armor, weapon, and power to simply annihilate everyone in game and *whoops*.... it's all gone....... no more game, no one left to rez......

oh, geez...... sad, sad...........

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Quite simply put...#

[/ QUOTE ]

/signed

G

Personally I am upset that the boots will break my Virtue suit. I would rather see Sash - Aprons - Even a new sheild type would be cool if it had some mod that would never spawn.. Not making it PvP item but useful in some manner. For the rations there should be a new receipe.. I was thinking to have a sheath for my blade made from the snake skins,, would be nice to have a random poison sting of very low lv, non effective in pvp.. Mayhaps put it in the Apron slot around the waist..
For turning in rubble you should get a Broom... make it earth ele slaying.. Name is the "Dust Buster" lol

G

Am i the only person that thinks there are enuff overpowered items out there already.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

What is overpowered about boots with +2 poison resist? You might as well throw them into the trash can and wear your favorite sandals. To my opinion, the whole discussion about those boots is highly exaggerated. They are not worth the effort of slaying 10 Fallen Warriors.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you 100%......can you imagine if, all players woke up and found nothing but GM quality armor and weapons?

There would be a deluge of tears, and an exodus so great, it would make Moses look he just ran to the corner store for a moment.

But, it's materialism at it's worst......"let's have a turn in!!" (no official word yet)
......."Ideas for a turn-in"...(still no word)

......"when are we going to have a turn-in?"(devs roll eyes)

....."Where's are turn-in???"(devs saying, what?????)

......"boo-hooing, crying, threats to quit, holding breath"(ok, lets shut em up)
........"when,when,when,are we there yet, when,when???????(devs OMG!!!)

......."this is all we get?????? this sucks!(spoiled brats-nothing more.)

with this scenario concluded, I say the devs should learn a lesson from all this and not cave in to the whiners......or, all these negative posts be slung over to rants, (sorry Larisa)

later

G

<blockquote><hr>

The day is going to come when when each of us has the ultimate armor, weapon, and power to simply annihilate everyone in game and *whoops*.... it's all gone....... no more game, no one left to rez......

oh, geez...... sad, sad...........

[/ QUOTE ]

If every one has the same items at their disposal... It stands to reason that battles won't be decided because of items(haves/havenots).

...theoretically speaking, that is.

G

house plotter this is like the 5th post you've made complaining about these event items.... i don't own any of them myself but i really don't care... if people want to be rich and buy the stuff then they need to learn how to make gold its not difficult, vine cords don't affect the game much LT sash i would say does but its a legit item, both are legit and were intended to be created, what are good items if not intended to give people an advantage?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Arrrr, but what 'bout the duped copies?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

if the copies of these high end event items had never been duped, they would be worth even more than they already are, i don't think people looking to buy them would like that

DeadCrafter

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gee Lets see. There's only 1 real pair. I say delete them all and just pi** off the owners. Because the only way they got duped is if the real owner let them get duped. So he or she doesn't deserve them either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Am i the only person that thinks there are enuff overpowered items out there already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you're certainly not alone there

I wish they'd simply delete duped items or repeat what they did with the brown robes. It's a shame for the honest folks who unknowingly bought a dupe, but at the same time, if I saw someone selling an item I wasn't sure about, for a lot of gold, I'd check the darn thing out first. But then, I'm a tight-pursed Scot LOL.

Wenchy

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

My Idea for what they should have done.
Different Hued Sever Birth Items. So like an open book would be one for example. However you would recieve that item in a random color. Maybe they would have like 10 different items.
Same thing should be done with duped event items.
The current items suggested are not worth the time we did collect and save these items.

G

Nope the current batch of rewards on offer for all our saved stuff does not add up to something worth while....c'mon Jeremy...bulk em up a lil!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing moronic was your reply. You obviously have no pvp or suit building experience to speak of or you would know that any item with any properties not normally found on that item slot gives you a MAJOR advantage.

The fact that you can use armor pieces with less resistances and more properties on it while maintaining the same resistances of other players is why this is over powered in pvp.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy are you reading this ??

Please if you cannot/are unable to delete the ''super duped items'' and we are talking about the obvious ones....
vinecords with 20 resist
shroud with resist and mods
LT sash with resist and mods

Then please lets 'combat the dupers' with the next patch and balance the pvp playing field between poorer newbies and mega rich vet players, and also hit the dupers pockets who continue to drip feed the market with the super duped items for mega silly gold amounts...

Please brong in slighty better rewards= stats and mods on footwear,clothing and sashes.....plzplzplz...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, these items are mass duped anyway, just give them out to legit players that don't script or ebay gold. If we really have to, just rename them and give them higher stats or at least equal to maintain the "rarity" of the originals (even though all the vine cords are duped and most of the other items too).

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Ever thought that these might be a key to something greater in the near future?

Besides, any item from turn in rubbish is better than 500 bits of toot in your house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. But when you have insurance the only thing you can do is continually ramp up the power of everything so the game doesn't stagnate.

G

I give in... let UO die by the dupers sword...

keep duping =keep rare prices inflated high=keep selling= keep making real money

keep duping =keep rare prices inflated high=keep selling= keep making real money

etc,etc, are we going to take on the dupers!!!!

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Well all I can say about dupers...

There are idiots who dupe...
Idiots who cheat
and the flaming idiots who buy the damn things...

If some nub wants to pay 100's of mill's for a duped item.. thier loss. Its those very idiots who pay all that gold in the first place that caused this situation, the dupers saw a market and filled it.. (still just as bad).

As always with cheating, if it didnt pay off it wouldnt get done. VCS's are worthless with rarity now becuase so many have them, simply put.. dont buy them... Dont even entertain the idea.

As for the GM's... if they werent supposed to be created in the first place... DELETE them, they are unsupported... make them illegal, so what is tommy paid 300mils for them.. more fool him for spending out on something that public knowledge is known that they are duped.

Lets not [censored] foot around and do it like they did with the Shrouds.

[Edit]

The censor code stops normal english words now? Sheesh.. almost as bad as UO not allowing Titao (because its got tit in it, which as we all know is a breed of bird.. Oh and its also slang for breast)
Overcensorship... dun like it.

G

Hmmm, Lets see. I have about 50 vendors that need new duds. They hate wearing the same thing day after day. I get to clean out my bank and storage chests. Scrolls of alacrity for my noob chars. Cute mouse for that empty cornor. Slick new boots for my rootin tootin cowboy! I like the rewards!

Status
Not open for further replies.