• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy--Disguise Kits: Bug or Intended...

• Thread starter Nerf-Herder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nerf-Herder

Is there any real reason you can't use animal form while disguised, or was this just an overlooked bug when SE testing was going on?

Even if it was intended, is there any chance you and the others could make it so logging out while diguised doesn't ruin your macros?

Thanks in advance!

G

This is an issue as old as the kits themselves, as you now have a different name under which your data is saved/loaded. Since your macros are saved on, say, Ruby; but you are logging in as Thelma; there's no macros to load. Solutions include:
Use UOAssist (data saved by serial number of character, not name) for as many macros as you can;
Copy your macros over from Ruby to Thelma before you log in again;
Change your default macros in the main UO folder to something more useful so all characters without their own macro file will load that more useful setup.

Not the best solutions, but all we have. This bug is ancient.

As for Animal Form - I do not know. Good question!

N

Nerf-Herder

Ya, I know how to undo it currently, but it's pancake to have to do that crap after a simple disconnect.

I was thinking of maybe kicking a player out of disguise when they log out.

Another more technical way could be to assign a string of numbers to identify your character info and have UO access your macros via a pointer to that number and not simply looking for the character name itself. (Your character name will not matter to UO, whatever the name is or how it changes, it will always look for the number ID when accessing that characters info)

G

I'm having an odd problem when I switch between accounts.

Half the time my Skills scroll is the wrong characters, and my macros are weird. The way my desktop looks when I log out and any changes made to settings/macros don't save either.

Maybe someone knows how to fix this?

G

Open paperdoll. Click on "Options" button. Click on mouse icon (upper right). Make sure you do not have a check mark in the box next to "Use default desktop". Check both accounts for this.

Also, be sure you log out via the paperdoll log-out button, and if you log out of the client completely, hit the "Quit" button on the log-in screen, rather than using the "X" in the upper right corner of the screen.