• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy can we get a Client fix ASAP?

G

Ok if you loose connection i keep getting the error syncronization between the log in servers and this world failed please close your client and restart.This is super annoying and didnt start til some of the recent patches.

I

imported_Lariat

Try restarting your PC. I had a similar problem once before and rebooting fixed it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Try restarting your PC. I had a similar problem once before and rebooting fixed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i tried that this is also on afresh installed freshly formatted pc today infact.But it happens on just about any pc if you get a connection lost and try to log back it the error pops up right after the shard selection screen.

G

The client doesn't need fixed it's fine however something on your end may. The latest client runs fine on all of my machines.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The client doesn't need fixed it's fine however something on your end may. The latest client runs fine on all of my machines.

[/ QUOTE ]You do, of course, understand that unless you have a machine identical to the OP's in every way that there is no merit to your statement whatsoever, right?

This is why programming for consoles is much easier than it is for PCs. Every console brand (ie: PS2, Wii, et cetera) is identical to every other one on the market in all ways that matter. So a programmer can debug based on a single environment, and voila, it works.

If you and I have identical machines, down to every last detail but one, and that one detail -- maybe a different sound card, maybe a different video card -- causes a problem for me and not for you, it's still typically a problem addressable by fixing the program.

You could have access to 100 systems, and still not be sure that the game would run perfectly on all machines. Of course, this is why bug reports and good bug report systems are necessary.

G

Ok i tried to uninstall uo and reinstall it with the same result.Right before char selection same error not sure what the deal is.The comp is running windows xp and uo only .