• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Japanese Style Libraries....any out there?

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 side by side 18x18 houses that are Japanese style and blend together with running water thru out all of them. The first house is a library exclusively and currently is set up fairly nice but not to my likings of a traditional Japanese library.

Unfortunately, combing around the Japanese shards (and a few US shards), I have not found anything resembling a Japanese style library. My ideas on this are like shelves with scrolls deco surrounding the interior as such....and I like previous mentioned of "user friendly" libraries integrating labeled wood boxes to separate the books by "types" for easier use....

Anyone out there run into any pics that might help lend a hand to my redesign? Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am an architect in RL (not an interior decorator)....lol.

Also, if anyone wants to see what I have thus far on my design work on the houses they can visit them at Pacific shard. Exit east from Luna and run southeast....about 2 minutes away.....cant miss the houses....4 side by side facing south into the Malas space in front of em. Sorry for no pics but the area and size is just too big for me to tackle pics of them....hehe. Any insight on my houses would also be appreciated....

PS - One house is to be a museum and still in the works on organizing and unpacking so not much is out yet there....but some design work is done.

Thanks

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice design! There are a lot of cute touches even though you're not done yet.

Some teasers for you lazy folk who need prompting to go visit; a cute little aquarium with white chocolate and gem bubbles:

Warrior (statues) guarding a shrine to the four elements (?):

Staggered piers w/height illusion, his design has a lot of water features:

He has Ashyn's stone counters up in another house but hasn't put out display items yet - he used those little half doors under the counters in some spots as for storage, very cute.

Just a note, I fell off one house trying to get to another one. Those joined house illusions always trick me. :p

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the responses. I am going to close off the drop off your talking about hehe...I forget and fall off also.

I snagged designs from this site and from alot of deco ideas from Japanese shards....so I will take no credit except for actual architecture design of the houses....

I am about 50% or so done....so still have a ways to go with designing....just alot of area to design....

The tables are to house a museum that I will be putting stuff out....I am sorting and coordinating the locations of the items and how I want to display them now.

Wasn't sure if the pond on the first floor fit inside or not...but I just loved the pond design I saw on this board with the valorite stone tables so had to integrate it....

The library on the west end is what I will be redesigning next as I do not think it holds any Japanese look to it like I want.

Thanks so much for visiting and taking some snap shots.

L

Lord Drakelord

I had to run over and take a look myself after those glowing reviews above! All I can say is wow! And can I steal some of those deco off you, I may like to use a few of those someday? Again Wow and thanks for sharing!