• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jan 5th 2007 - PvP update?

• Thread starter Nadirian_Wrath
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nadirian_Wrath

January 5, 2007

"What's next with PvP?"
From Darkscribe: "What's truly next in PvP is a project that is being planned for after the launch of UOKR. As with all future plans, we aren't going to talk about details right now because they will change dozens of times before you ever get to play it. The core idea is to give a much more compelling reason to PvP, which is what factions was supposed to do but never quite got there. That's all for now."

C

Clx-

hahah.

Change the date to 2003/2004/2005/2006 and change the name of the dev and we've been told the same thing every year about some great "pvp system" that they have planned.

But funnily enough no details are ever forthcoming.

R

Rykus

How about ANY kind of update? It seems that the UO devs are always working on some "super sekrit projekt" that rarely sees the light of day.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

How about ANY kind of update? It seems that the UO devs are always working on some "super sekrit projekt" that rarely sees the light of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I would bet that a lot of those secret projects were client updates.

And now we have KR.

-Galen's player

K

kennykilleduo

It's the yearly tease they throw at us , only to let us down. Question is have they cried wolf to many times to ever make us think PVP will get fixed or updated?

I

He was probably assuming that KR would catch on like wildfire, and that they could easily move onto other things in short order.

He was not assuming:

1-That EA would force him to rush KR out the door before it was ready and piss us all off;

2-That KR would take as long as it did to even be in playable condition, let alone good, condition;

3-That we would show such resilient affection for the 2d client.

And of course everything he was not assuming happened, and everything he was assuming did not.

Frankly I don't think the UO team got anywhere near enough credit for the PvP changes that they did awhile ago.....The apple changes and the bokuto changes and the like. One wonders if they are hesitant to do much more after they not only got little credit for what they did, but run great risks of pissing people off if they do more....Remember that everything they do, especially in PvP, helps someone and hurts someone else.

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

January 5, 2007

"What's next with PvP?"
From Darkscribe: "What's truly next in PvP is a project that is being planned for after the launch of UOKR. As with all future plans, we aren't going to talk about details right now because they will change dozens of times before you ever get to play it. The core idea is to give a much more compelling reason to PvP, which is what factions was supposed to do but never quite got there. That's all for now."

[/ QUOTE ]

I

<blockquote><hr>

why were apples changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the argument was that apples were becoming a substitute for skills (Chivalry to cast Remove Curse, Magic Resist to lessen the impact of "de-buff" spells to begin with) rather than a supplement to skills.

-Galen's player

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

Factions did do this and was very successful until AoS came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were huge problems with factions well before AoS.

Also apples were changed becouse they were ridiculously overpowered...