• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jan 23rd: TC3 offline at 3 pm PST

G

...for an update!

We don't expect downtime to be longer than 90 mins.

G

*waits anxiously for version notes to see if this is more 'back end' (not to be confused with backSIDE
) changes or if something truly new is being introduced to TC3, besides new chairs that are usually released on Weds. updates*

G

Quick reminder to everyone: Going to DirectX 9 is the first major phase to getting to Sims 2 graphics.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

why wait?

Yay for wednesday updates

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

No cream bear suits

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

ILY

G

<blockquote><hr>

why wait?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;3 Polly &lt;3

This is exciting to me! Not so much because of the update itself, but because I see this as one step closer (but maybe I'm wrong?) to the dev team being able to upgrade the whole kit-n-kaboodle to the TS2 graphics engine, which I've said since day 1 is one of the things I'm most excited about. The idea of being able to create TSO avatars that actually have eye color (have you noticed the current ones actually just have eye 'openings' that are in fact hollow of pupils or whites of the eye?), and maybe even different hairstyles and such means we probably will one day not have 7 sims on a lot all with the same sim head.....you know, the long-haired female that comes in red, black and blonde? LOL. Individuality RULES! Not to mention the clothing possibilities it brings up, especially with CC already in place! If there's ever a way to upload CC creations into the CAS screen.........woweee indeed!

I don't remember when the original estimate for when they *hope* to have the TS2 graphics in place was.....does anybody else know? Seems like 2009 was mentioned, around the time that TS3 is supposed to also be coming out?

<blockquote><hr>

Quick reminder to everyone: Going to DirectX 9 is the first major phase to getting to Sims 2 graphics.

[/ QUOTE ]

\o/ TY for answering my question before I even had a chance to hit send!
I'm glad that my supposition wan't (for once!) wrong. BRING ON THE MILLENIAL GRAPHICS!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

why wait?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;3 Polly &lt;3

This is exciting to me! Not so much because of the update itself, but because I see this as one step closer (but maybe I'm wrong?) to the dev team being able to upgrade the whole kit-n-kaboodle to the TS2 graphics engine, which I've said since day 1 is one of the things I'm most excited about. The idea of being able to create TSO avatars that actually have eye color (have you noticed the current ones actually just have eye 'openings' that are in fact hollow of pupils or whites of the eye?), and maybe even different hairstyles and such means we probably will one day not have 7 sims on a lot all with the same sim head.....you know, the long-haired female that comes in red, black and blonde? LOL. Individuality RULES! Not to mention the clothing possibilities it brings up, especially with CC already in place! If there's ever a way to upload CC creations into the CAS screen.........woweee indeed!

I don't remember when the original estimate for when they *hope* to have the TS2 graphics in place was.....does anybody else know? Seems like 2009 was mentioned, around the time that TS3 is supposed to also be coming out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha! Beatcha to it! Next time, type faster.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

why wait?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;3 Polly &lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or type less

P

Peppie

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

why wait?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

No cream bear suits

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

ILY

[/ QUOTE ]

and me?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL!

ILY

[/ QUOTE ]

and me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, why not. Kidding. ILY all!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

why wait?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;3 Polly &lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or type less

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrumph! If I didn't know any better I'd say that was an indirect method of calling me a big mouth (fingers? typer?)

Ah, screw it! I AM a big mouth, and I'll gladly own the title, LMAO. In this case though, it's just cuz I'm so excited for TSO to finally be catching up to the competitors in the field. The only game I can think of that runs graphics akin to TSO's current TS1 style graphics is Ultima Online, and even they have moved to something different with their pay shards I think, though I'm not sure since we only still play the free shards on the old engine there. Not sure about anybody else, but it feels awesome to me to have reason to be this excited over TSO, after having it have such dead-end possibilities for so long, yet still loving it for the nostalgic reasons that most of us beta-players who are left did/do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If I have to deal with the same crap I did installing sims 2 I will kiss TSO goodbye. Please make it install-and-play friendly. I'm not wasting time rolling back drivers and updating everything 50 million times until I get JUST the right combination for it to work only to find out that it screwed up the graphics on other games I play.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

NOTICE: Once we have the performance where we want it, we will be switching the DirectX 9 Client to the default client in 2 to 3 weeks. In 4 - 6 weeks the DirectX 9 Client will be the only client available. We still are aware of issues with this version of the DirectX 9 Client, for example, the factory and some other jobs are running slow. We appreciate any and all feedback regarding this update.

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to find out if your graphics card is compatible with upcoming changes to DirectX 9 Client you should login to <font color=red>TC3-test in windowed mode</font color=red>.

Once you have updated your directx version with Microsoft update and you find your graphics card is not compatible with pixel 2.0 shader you can find a list of graphic cards players have discovered work already at the game-blueprints.com "Graphics Cards EA-Land Article"

I encourage anyone that can add to this list of working graphic cards do so in order to help other players know available options to them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If I have to deal with the same crap I did installing sims 2 I will kiss TSO goodbye. Please make it install-and-play friendly. I'm not wasting time rolling back drivers and updating everything 50 million times until I get JUST the right combination for it to work only to find out that it screwed up the graphics on other games I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's possible that there could be problems since for some reasons graphics cards that play TS2 just fine weren't on the list to play TSO/EA Land correctly, but it does seem that it would have been the other way around......that needing the advanced graphics capabilities that we did for TS2, EQ2, WoW etc. would have made TSO unplayable, or skewed playing.....but luckily things were backwards compatible so that all could be played. Hopefully *fingers crossed* things will be smooth when EA Land catches up to the other games, graphics wise. I know there's enough trouble with the one bug in EA Land right now that's keeping some players out without anticipating more until it actually proves to be an issue, ya know? I do get what you're saying though. It would suck to find out that you had to choose between continuing to play TSO/EA Land and being able to continue other online games that you play because of graphics conflicts. All we can do is strap on our proverbial seatbelts and hope for the best though at this point I think....at least that's my plan of action.

D

Dita'

hi gracie,
i dont know where to put this but nvidia geforce 6200 works

i have no idea how to use that wiki and im too lazy to read how to

G

<blockquote><hr>

hi gracie,
i dont know where to put this but nvidia geforce 6200 works

i have no idea how to use that wiki and im too lazy to read how to

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a page on the Wiki site that anybody can add to once they sign up for a username and all. I don't have the specific URL for the page, but I can get it if need be....but that'll take you directly to the Wiki site and you should see the graphics card page that was created from there.

I

imported_debslee

Pari - awesome!!! so exciting - and so encouraging.....thanks so much!
*does a "Tom Cruise/Oprah Winfrey show" jumping up and down on her desk chair*

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

ok hate the black text change it back

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to play in Test Center 3-TEST in order to see the proper graphics. TC3 (regular graphics mode) is going to be scrapped in 2-3 weeks' time.

Mind you, Test Center 3-TEST's userface is abominable. I won't elaborate.

G

We are on "DIAL-UP", downloaded the update for TC3, landed on a money lot with 18 sims on it and everything seems to be pretty smooth. We were very worried about how we'd make it with DX9, but were surprised to find out its probably even smoother for us now. We've not tested it on our two laptops, but we're pretty worried about whether our graphics cards will be supported.

I agree, please please lose the BLACK text. LOL You can't even see what money you made on payouts.