• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jade Owl Rip

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jade of Sonoma submitted a new Article:

Jade Owl Rip

I introduced my mother, Joyce Charke, to Ultima Online in what I believe was 2001. She took to the game fiercely even when I moved on to other games and stuck with it ever since. I gave her my old account, still sporting my moniker of Amethyst Blade. She used the name Jade Owl, a reference to the name of a pet and my favorite animal. Adamant to be a tamer and never be a "red" or Player Killer she put up with stuff that made me quit years and years ago. If you want to see Amethyst Blade today, you'll have to pop by MechWarrior Online. But Mom stuck with it. She never cheated and was morally crushed one day when given huge amounts of gold by a duper. She was determined that the game had to...
Read more about this article here...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried to access the link to the article, but there is a "Stratics Error" :(... is the article no longer available?
The only way that can happen is if either a Stratics Editor hasn't approved it yet (extremely unlikely since it's been 2 weeks), or if the original poster deleted it for whatever reason.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Six years. Feels like yesterday. If anyone has any questions, I see my original article is gone but you can contact me at MCharke at aol dot com if you have questions about Jade.
Little late for a reply.
Jade (OWL) died 6 years ago?
I was just discussing her the other day with the Governor of Vesper.
Sorry for your loss