• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sufficient answer, delete if needed.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i thought that wasnt active until Oct?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some players had leftover kotl points so they were able to get items before the halloween events start. A friend of mine got the jack in the box and it's absolutely adorable. The music is done well and a knife wielding clown jumps out of the box. lol

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMHO its sad the devs allowed the item exchange NPC to be out in the world two months before October. Way to spoil the excitement. :thumbdown:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
How do we get these and the points for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Planters, we have to wait until October when the halloween events start. The kotl is no longer active. =(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kotl points count towards this years vendor.

The only way to get the items is to spend last years left over points on the new vendor in ilshenar.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought this was supposed to be halloween content, why are all the items christmas related?
Find the video sharing source of your choice, and view Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Effectively, the Halloween stuff this year is inspired by that movie.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, but thats christmas. maybe the krampus aspect of chistmas, but chrstmas all the same. these items have nothing to do with halloween. i think someone got there holidays mixed up.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In all fairness the rewards have more to do with Halloween than in the past formats. Look at Halloween 2014 or the Treasure of Kotl City events. Compare that to what will be available now, such as the evil jack in the box, shackled heart of the pumpkin king and the jack bags that generates spooky stuff. That is in addition to the usual graveyard and trick or treating stuff. To be honest I'm not sure what the problem is.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
question.
i have Kotl ITEMS in a chest left over from last year but no points.
can i still turn IN the items to get points?

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Poo - yes you can. I turned in a load earlier this week, and Treasures of Doom too!

Just visit the NPC outside the dungeon and you can do it there.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I Don't know how to post a pic here but you can head over to Legends, Luna south exit. I put it on my auction safe on roof right next to Jacks Bag Of Tricks.
Well... that blows.. finally get to Luna there and whatever it was has already been bought off your vendor lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nice.. thought they were something from an EM Event or something lol.

ears.jpg

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes, but thats christmas. maybe the krampus aspect of chistmas, but chrstmas all the same. these items have nothing to do with halloween. i think someone got there holidays mixed up.
I thought this was supposed to be halloween content, why are all the items christmas related?
godzilla.jpg

So, a movie about HALLOWEEN invading another holiday somehow isn't Halloween?

I see plenty (read DOZENS) of A Nightmare Before Christmas themed HALLOWEEN yard decorations each year.
I rarely see ANY ANBC references in Christmas decorations, and typically, the ones I see are interior deco at fellow nerds' houses.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed last years event :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mmm..candle.....wonder what happens when you double-click it?? ;)
you can double click the obelisk part on the top if you're using the new targetting system, but it's much easier to just drag its healhbar off like you'd drag a healthbar off any monster

(it works like the lightning pillars in zipotrical)
I did too. But luckily I had a lot of points left from the Doom event two years ago! Those carry over as well.
I missed that too :(

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would renew a change to get the Kotl-Artifacts - haven't had the time last yew to join the event a little bit more - still missing a complete set of the tribal banner *sighs*

Also Doom was a fun to make, not to speak of many more funny events that we once have - and here at this point I asked myself like I ever do - why such these funny events couldn't be implementated permanently like Minor Arties/Ilsh or Virtue Arties.... a thing I never would understand ;)

The "Rewarders" still exist, stirring holes in the air and got bored 'cause no one have anything to put in and the dungeons are empty.... somehow this fantastic world should not have been earned to this ...

Last edited:

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Just got my second rare Drop Spiked Egg Nog !!! It will be on my roof safe if anyone wants to take a pic and post it here.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dev got the Ugly Doll. Altho it looks like a teddy bear lol. I Like it's sense of humor when it is clicked.