• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] $J-Soc's$ version of The Healing Mage

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright so I thought I would go ahead and do a write up on this temp of mine. I think it is really nice, but please comment!

REAL skills: 720 Pts
120 Eval
111 Magery
109 Resist
100 Scribe
90 Anat
80 Focus
60 Healing
50 Parry

WITH + skill items: 830 Pts
120 Eval
120 Magery
120 Resist
100 Scribe
100 Healing
100 Anat
85 Parry
80 Focus
5 Archery

As you can see this is a pretty stacked temp. Its how I roll. The main downfall right away is that I wear a book and a shield, so I have to hurry and disarm to chug a pot. With my play-style I am able to do this. You may not. But since this is a healing mage, more often than not you will not need to chug. I am an elf and thought it was best that I went non med armor (this isn't to say that I tried and weighed my options for mage armor) I gain Stam reg as well since it is non med with the new publish.

My stats base are: 120/135HP / 70/70Stam / 106/164Mana
My stats potted: 150/150Hp / 100/100Stam / 106/164Mana

A quick rundown:
100 LRC
40 LMC
2/6 casting
25 SDI (10 from GM scribe)
50 EP
45 DCI
16 MR (+4 is from Focus, so 12 base)
13 HPR
20 Ref Phys (Didn't focus on this. But one could)
25 HPI
11 Casting focus (5 of which from GM scribe)
+ 27 Dex
+ 29 mana
+ 13 Int bonus
15% Damage Eater

If you would like to know which items I used feel free to ask. But one is able to alter this and use different items to fit ones play style. For instance one could go mage armor and wear the spell woven britches that has +10 med, LMC, and SDI to help aid in 30 SDI (Instead of focus route)

$J-Soc$

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So are you using a Bloodwood suit for the HPR bonus? Have you considered running 55 LMC with a studded suit?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh... I'll reply to this one since I doubt many have REALLY put in the time and built this template well. My version is roughly 3 years old but is still surprisingly well-built considering it just came out to 30% SDI before there was such a thing as focused mages lol. Anway... the Totals first...

Elf Faction Character.... OSI Bandaging for casting WHILE aides kick lol.

1 hand is free. (bk & no shield)
60 DCI (overcap now yes I know.. it's 3 years old)
100 LRC
15 MR (Items on Suit)
40 Enhance Potions
30 SDI (Items) 40%SDI once you count 100 Inscription.
131 HP / 140 Dexterity / 130 Int (All WHILE Cursed)
(Assumes Greater STR / DEX pot, Balm of Int, Purple Petals)
70 / 75 / 70 / 75 / 75

**Note the above resists are achieved with Magic Reflection & Reactive Armor but Magic Reflect has now changed & gives a -5% physical cap.. so the physical is actually 65 Resist.

Skills..
100 Magery (120 with Items)
120 Magic Resist
120 Eval
100 Anat
90 Healing
100 Inscription
90 Med (100 with Items)

Passive MR / Sec of about 2.26.. That's a 72% increase of Socs Focus Verion = P. I really need to redo all this with an eye to reforging / Legendary Arties etc... I'm sure it could be improved a ton.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Heh... I'll reply to this one since I doubt many have REALLY put in the time and built this template well. My version is roughly 3 years old but is still surprisingly well-built considering it just came out to 30% SDI before there was such a thing as focused mages lol. Anway... the Totals first...

Elf Faction Character.... OSI Bandaging for casting WHILE aides kick lol.

1 hand is free. (bk & no shield)
60 DCI (overcap now yes I know.. it's 3 years old)
100 LRC
15 MR (Items on Suit)
40 Enhance Potions
30 SDI (Items) 40%SDI once you count 100 Inscription.
131 HP / 140 Dexterity / 130 Int (All WHILE Cursed)
(Assumes Greater STR / DEX pot, Balm of Int, Purple Petals)
70 / 75 / 70 / 75 / 75

**Note the above resists are achieved with Magic Reflection & Reactive Armor but Magic Reflect has now changed & gives a -5% physical cap.. so the physical is actually 65 Resist.

Skills..
100 Magery (120 with Items)
120 Magic Resist
120 Eval
100 Anat
90 Healing
100 Inscription
90 Med (100 with Items)

Passive MR / Sec of about 2.26.. That's a 72% increase of Socs Focus Verion = P. I really need to redo all this with an eye to reforging / Legendary Arties etc... I'm sure it could be improved a ton.

What is your bracelet? Faction Orny?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your bracelet? Faction Orny?
Correct.. Faction Orny. I like to record my suits like this because I'm far less likely to misplace and uploaded photo than a scratch piece of paper... I will say that the number munchkining required to get the stats right on this was a PITA. You have to know EXACTLY how stats are effected by debuffs etc and do a little man to get to your needed starting point etc.