• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I've decided to be a...

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

I’ve decided to be a…

Suck up
brown noser
cheerleader
kiss butt
Please add to my list of terms, I'm sure I forgot a few.

I have NEVER gotten into the middle of the “Cheerleader War” and I usually go back and forth on opinions depending on the subject. Sometimes I am against it, and sometimes I’m with it. Lately I noticed every time someone agrees with something, they are a...(your term here).

Well excuse me for accepting the changes and understanding this is a beta test for a new game that is not TSO.
Excuse me for trying to see the brighter side, or the cup half full.
Excuse me for wanting my sim dreams and creations to come true therefore I instill patience while I wait.
Excuse me for being pro active.
Excuse me for realizing I can make a positive contribution to a game I have loved for 5 years, and want nothing more than success for it.
Excuse me for accepting the bad with the good.
Excuse me for having a different opinion than you.
Excuse me for appreciating the extra hard work by the dev’s; missing out on their RL to make ours better.

Finally, Excuse me for not caring what you think of me…

I don’t want to see anyone give up on the game, but things are changing every single day. Something that was non existent a year ago. I'm not saying be happy about what you disagree with. I'm saying nothing is set in stone yet.

I think many need to show more patience. And if you don’t want to…excuse me for making the suggestion.

Signed: RAH! RAH! RAH!

I

imported_debslee

Can I join your cheer leader club, cause you echo my sentiments exactly.....

*grabs pom pom and starts shaking it*

G

I also hate the labelling that has become such a regular occurence here. Just because someone does not feel the same way about the game changes as someone else, does not make that person a cheerleader, a suckup, a brownnoser or whatever else the choice of label is today. Similarly the labels of "whiner" and "complainer" are equally unhelpful.

Labelling people does little to aid discussions or promote the changes we wish to see in the game.

EA needs both the positive and the negative feedback. They need to know what we don't like and what we do like. They need constructive feedback, reasons why the changes are not well accepted and ideas on how they can be improved.

And this community needs to understand that we won't all agree on everything. Some people will like our ideas, others won't. Just because someone does not agree with us, doesn't make it a personal insult. It doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong, or a bad person, we just have a different outlook. We'd all get along much better if we could learn to accept that and learn to be a tad more patience and a tad more tolerant of others.

<blockquote><hr>

Well excuse me for accepting the changes and understanding this is a beta test for a new game that is not TSO.
Excuse me for wanting my sim dreams and creations to come true therefore I instill patience while I wait.
Excuse me for realizing I can make a positive contribution to a game I have loved for 5 years, and want nothing more than success for it.
Excuse me for appreciating the extra hard work by the dev’s; missing out on their RL to make ours better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly

G

Well said, Qute! Not gonna run around with pom pom's (not quite my style), but I agree wholeheartedly.

G

I've been called a cheerleader too many times to count... Here - have some pom-poms...

R

ryotgrrl13

Totally with ya. I dont like some things that are happening, but i know they are all for the "greater good" of EA Land. So i'll just continue to skill me heart out and be loud and obnoxious in room chat

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Wow, well thought out Qute Pi. I agree w/ every part in your post. I don't care what other ppl label me as (it's funny how there are labels. Reminds me of school)

I admire you Qute Pi, you don't let things on here bother you and you stand for what you believe is right for the game, no matter how others "attempt" to influence you.

C

calvinscreeksim

Cool.

Only rah rah song I know is,

rah rah rasputin

bring on the poms I guess?

J

jennnnny

Way to go!

I do think people forget they are knowingly playing a beta version. Beta versions are for development and testing. There will be bugs and updates, etc. This is just what to expect.

All the whiners should go back to the production cities.

One of the things that intrigues me is how there are so many people complaining that EA doesn't answer them and there aren't enough updates/explanations on the blog, etc. I don't know why some people think they are entitled to this. I've been a computer geek for a long time now and I don't think I've ever encountered a situation where the users have such a close relationship with developers. It really is unique. I think EA-Land users should be thankful instead of complaining about responses. Users of software aren't entitled to talk to the developers. It's a perk.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I’ve decided to be a…

Suck up
brown noser
cheerleader
kiss butt
Please add to my list of terms, I'm sure I forgot a few.

I have NEVER gotten into the middle of the “Cheerleader War” and I usually go back and forth on opinions depending on the subject. Sometimes I am against it, and sometimes I’m with it. Lately I noticed every time someone agrees with something, they are a...(your term here).

Finally, Excuse me for not caring what you think of me…

I don’t want to see anyone give up on the game, but things are changing every single day. Something that was non existent a year ago. I'm not saying be happy about what you disagree with. I'm saying nothing is set in stone yet.

I think many need to show more patience. And if you don’t want to…excuse me for making the suggestion.

Signed: RAH! RAH! RAH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

G

Until just recently, I was not aware that it was humanly possible to have such disappreciation or dislike towards people who are working hard to keep a game alive (a game that we all love or at one time loved, mind you) that if not for them would have been shut down.

If appreciating the work the devs is doing is wrong, I don't want to be right.

*\o/*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Until just recently, I was not aware that it was humanly possible to have such disappreciation or dislike towards people who are working hard to keep a game alive (a game that we all love or at one time loved, mind you) that if not for them would have been shut down.

If appreciating the work the devs is doing is wrong, I don't want to be right.

*\o/*

[/ QUOTE ]

x

S

StarreTee

<blockquote><hr>

Totally with ya. I dont like some things that are happening, but i know they are all for the "greater good" of EA Land. So i'll just continue to skill me heart out and be loud and obnoxious in room chat

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be right there with you!

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too noticed the comment, but thought better than to make it into a big deal. When I made my post, it wasn't to encourage the opposite effect. I don't agree with name calling, in either direction.

Unfortunately, out of this entire thread, that is the only thing you decided to comment on.

L

Laverne

Qute Pi,

You made an excellent, well thought out, post. I may disgaree with your assumptions, (I made that clear in my original post), but I have no huge arguments with you here. We can agree to disagree.

Concerning jennnny's "whiner" comment, I was replying to jennny not you.

J

jennnnny

I apologize for the poor word choice. I should have phrased it better.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been called a cheerleader too many times to count... Here - have some pom-poms...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol you'll use any excuse to post just to show off your smileys hee hee...where do you find such cool things?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lol you'll use any excuse to post just to show off your smileys hee hee...where do you find such cool things?

[/ QUOTE ]lol! I scour the interwebs looking for good girlie-smilies! This site has a fantastic selection of them!

It drives the guys on the other forum I frequent insane!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lately I noticed every time someone agrees with something, they are a...(your term here).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, that's not good...so long as folks also realize that if someone notices something off-kilter or wants to point out that the king is naked, they, too, don't get the tar 'n' feather treatment...

Because the worst thing we can do when they're trying to iron things out, AND THAT INCLUDES DETERMINING PLAYERS' TRUE REACTIONS not just bug-reporting, is to become yes-men. They need to know how folks will react to this game NOW, before it gets marketed to the general public. Bashing folks who provide such feedback is a BIG mistake.

I'm sorry, but the paranoia over possibly destroying what little we have left by saying something "negative" is a much bigger problem than the back-and-forth between the "rah-rahs" and "grumpies". We need folks who have the guts to be critical, because the alternative is to get the dreaded 90-day notice some six or whatever months from now with everyone scratching their heads saying "But I thought folks would LIKE (insert EALand change here). Why didn't anyone say anything in Beta?"

So let's stop calling the supporters rah rah cheerleaders or whatever, as you've said. Let's just call 'em supporters. Though even that I don't like as it implies the others AREN'T supporters. And they ARE. In their own way. SALESMEN? They put a positive spin on the game? Spin-doctors has too negative a connotation.

But hand-in-hand with this, no more calling folks grumpy or negative or heathen infidel son of sat..oh wait, that's the how's life thread (just kidding). Let's call 'em CRITICS.

If you've ever done one of those corporate personality test things, you'll know that a company can't survive unless it has ALL personality types within. Better to have a critical employee who can spot the problems (and hand 'em off to a problem solver to come up with a solution and a busy bee to get the work done) then to deal with a critical CUSTOMER.

So, QT-Pi, you are right. We're all on the same team.

GROUP HUG!

kumbaya...kumbaya...

I

Inge Jones

I thought cheerleaders was a somewhat affectionate term, and a whole load better than "brown noser" and the like.

I am not sure "supporter" alone means the same thing though. There are two ways or reasons for being anti-whiner. One is that you think the game is great, and you can't see what the whiners are whining about. The other reason is that you can see there are those faults with the game, but you want to show moral support for the staff who are trying to put it right, and don't want the whiners to make them feel bad. There is a third type of supporter who unfortunately is just a brown-noser by nature. I am not sure they're typical of cheerleaders in general - I think the majority of cheerleaders are type 2 - just basically nice people who know the dev team are as disappointed as the rest of us when things go wrong and want people to give them a break.

"critic" could be anything from someone who says fairly constructively "Oh I am not sure that's going to be a good idea" and give a suggestion of what might work better instead. You then get the whingers who just want to have a moan but basically mean no harm. And, sadly, you get people who are very annoyed about something in the game or customer service in general and really really want to hurt the staff over it. It starts to get personal. Even "whiner" isn't a really accurate term for that - so what's the opposite of "brown noser" ?

P

PB Three

Amen, Qute, amen.

I refuse to believe that the game is going down the drain.

I do know that it is very frustrating at times.

P.S. I'm not giving up -- EVER. Whenever it *does* go offline, I'll still be subscribed on that last day of this magnificant game.

PB Three