• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I've decided NOT to be...

L

Laverne

I've decided NOT to be a...

Suck up
brown noser
cheerleader
kiss butt

I've also decided NOT to be a...

Whiner
Complainer
Negative Jerk (yes, I've seen that label)
Cry Baby

Excuse me for not being happy with all the changes that have been made to the game. I do, however, have resigned myself to accept them.
Excuse me for being a cautious player and not always seeing the cup as half full. I believe in the phrase "let the buyer beware".
Excuse me for having an opinion that's different than yours.

I too want my sim dreams to come true which is why I'm patient.
I too am pro active.
I too have accepted the bad with the good. There is no other choice.

I have no intentions of giving up the game that I love and have spent a great deal of time, effort and money to play.

DON'T tell me to leave the game if I'm unhappy. I love the game and because I'm pro active I will continue to point out things I'm not happy with If there is a chance someone may read it (squeeky wheel).

I have the patience of Job, so don't tell me I am impatient when I'm being critical of the game in one aspect or another.

I'll make an analogy of the game with my local cable company, another outlet for my leisure activity:

I love my cable TV and enjoy watching a good movie after a hard days work, same with my computer and My TSO. I pay a hefty monthly fee for my cable (which includes a couple of extra boxes as well as my broadband). I expect to get what I pay for.

I also realize there will often be downtime do to technical problems or changes to service. I'm patient, knowing some poor guys in hard hats are probably out on a line somewhere trying to fix the issue (kind of like the Devs). I appreciate their hard work and would gladly take them a cup of coffee and a sandwhich if they were near by, but I would also keep in mind that what they are doing is their job.

If my cable service is still not working right I make a complaint to the company not the hard hats. Something I haven't had to do yet in the case of EA Games.

I don't like labels and I'm sure I'm guilty of putting labels on others a time or two. For those of you who completely happy with the game, that's fantastic. Show as much patience for those of us who are not 100% happy as you do those hard working Devs.

I love the game & will continue to pay for my multiple accounts (that's about as positive as you can get).
I'm going to hang in there and take the good with the bad (been doing it for months).
If I see something I don't agree with, I'll voice my opinion at the risk of being called a negative jerk.

Do I care whay you think of my opinion? YES
Do I care what you think of me? Of course! I'm only human.

And..If I could bring the Devs some hot coffee and donuts while they are working late nights to solve some of these problems I would.
Get some of the bugs ironed out & maybe I'll get out my pom poms...maybe.

I

imported_Qute Pi

You are excused!

I think we have a lot in common, in regards to our beliefs. I wouldn't say everything, but hey, we are different people...

We are all different people. Labels are yucky and negative and this shows we can all get along without taking it personal or making it personal.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We are all different people. Labels are yucky and negative and this shows we can all get along without taking it personal or making it personal.

[/ QUOTE ]
x

I

imported_SimTripps

Laverne, you rock! I love this one:

<blockquote><hr>

I love my cable TV and enjoy watching a good movie after a hard days work, same with my computer and My TSO. I pay a hefty monthly fee for my cable (which includes a couple of extra boxes as well as my broadband). I expect to get what I pay for.

I also realize there will often be downtime do to technical problems or changes to service. I'm patient, knowing some poor guys in hard hats are probably out on a line somewhere trying to fix the issue (kind of like the Devs). I appreciate their hard work and would gladly take them a cup of coffee and a sandwhich if they were near by, but I would also keep in mind that what they are doing is their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analogy..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I respect that. Good post!