• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its the "I can haz GCW?" Babble Thread [Off Topic]

B

BadgerSmaker

Hello babblers.... it seems we have been neglecting the babble...

Here is some news:

I'm hooking up this years "European SWG Fan Party" in London - Saturday 27th of Feb 2010... venue still to be decided....

Why have I put.... so many.... full stops...

M

MrJaffo

Lifts heavy rock.... Crawls out.... Looks around.... Crawls back under rock.

B

BadgerSmaker

I played the new GCW Invasion system this week on TC, it is really dull without opposing faction players to strengthen the NPC forces.

All you have to do is kill a CL60 NPC to get the full reward of 1k GCW points and 20 GCW tokens (40 if SF), and I'm not even sure you have to do that.

I can see a lot of people just AFKing the invasion spawn points, when the invasion kicks off every two hours they will get their rewards.

P

Penti

Maybe they need a trigger system, rather than a 2 hour rolling scheduled event.

Morning btw :)

B

BadgerSmaker

I dont understand the two hour cooldown.. maybe to give you a chance to swing the planetary score before the next invasion?

M

MrJaffo

Crawls back out from under rock... Looks around... Scratches head... Holds up sign that says "I'm not dead yet, I don't want to go onto the cart"... Crawls back under rock.

B

BadgerSmaker

Crawls back out from under rock... Looks around... Scratches head... Holds up sign that says "I'm not dead yet, I don't want to go onto the cart"... Crawls back under rock.
Yay! The babble lives! :D

M

MrJaffo

Yay! The babble lives! :D
Not to whine or anything, but I remember the days when the babble threads got filled up and locked twice a day, if not more often.

Well, I must say I had my fun with this game and enjoyed the company of the stratics guild mates we had going for a while there. Too bad it never really was able to reach it's full potential. Not sure if that was more do to with programing staff, marketing, or tech. or whatever. I still had my fun for a while.

Such as life I suppose.

B

BadgerSmaker

Too bad it never really was able to reach it's full potential.
Well I had a great time with INCAP and the city of Babbleon, some great memories from those days.

One that always lingers is telling Shaunboy that I needed Radioactive resources to craft Combat Medic poisons and he offered to sample me up some.

He wander off nearby to a richer spot, leaving me to chat with a few other peeps then came running back yelling "HELP!" and covered in disease effect from the radiation. He made just made it back to us before getting incap'ed by the disease and dropped at out feet. :D

None of us had any idea that Radioactive would actually be "Radioactive" if you tried to hand sample it.

M

MrJaffo

By the way...

Just wanted to mention that as of about 2 weeks ago, I am now a dad!!

Both he and mom doing well, and I could not be happier, other then the jedi strength poops that he tends to do. :)

B

BadgerSmaker

By the way...

Just wanted to mention that as of about 2 weeks ago, I am now a dad!!

Both he and mom doing well, and I could not be happier, other then the jedi strength poops that he tends to do. :)
Woah, congrats mate! My top tip for jedi strength poop that I give to all fellow dads is to put the new nappy under the old one before you take the old one off!!! That way you can catch the poop that the little one always feels obliged to provide as soon as they feel fresh air! :D

Better to ruin an extra nappy than bed/carpet/wall/ceiling/all of the aforementioned.