• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] It's Happening

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Pvp'rs are discovering that the enhanced client really is the better pvp client.

Sometime ago, I don't remember when it was, I said that no new UO client was going to succeed as long as the cheating monster in the old client remained untamed. Well it is more than a coincidence that after a certain alliance on my shard lost a lot of their members to suspensions, most of them temporary, but a few permanent, that suddenly a few of their members are showing a keen interest in the enhanced client, and they are liking what they see.

The enhanced client is not the Third Dawn client, it is not the Kingdom Reborn client. Unlike those clients the enhanced client interacts well with the classic client, and at the same time offers a significantly better game play experience. It has only just begun, but eventually the majority of the pvp crowd is going to figure this out, and when they do an awful lot of other players are going to follow.

Nothing succeeds like success, and when pvp'rs find themselves facing significantly stronger opponents, and when they realize that a key component of that strength is the enhanced client, they are going to start switching to it en masse. In my opinion, it's inevitable, and in my opinion within a few short years, the enhanced client is going to be the dominant UO client.

This is meant to be a word of encouragement to the developers. The cheating monster is in the process of being beaten into submission on the classic client, and as a result the hardest crowd to please, the pvp'rs, are starting to see clearly what I've known since I came back to the game a year ago, the enhanced client is the better client.

So whatever you do devs, don't give up on it, and do keep working at fixing the bugs, and improving the art and functionality of the client, because I am sure you have a winner here. I think the majority of the new players are using the enhanced client, and it isn't going to be long before a very significant number of the veterans, and eventually, in my opinion, the majority, are also going to be using it.