• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's been a week+ of same stuff. I don't know what to do.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been roughly a week, of killing the same stuff. Same thing all the time, no changes, no updates. No anything. I am not for sure what to do; but killing the same three monsters gets old; especially in an event that you'd expect to change a little bit every few days.

Anyways.. Is something broken? or is the event just really shallow.

As it is now, I don't get the story line, or the point anymore.

G

So what, you missed the at least 2 weeks of fighting JUST Dark Wisps in Moonglow? And you're complaining now when there's two more monster types than then (3 more some places)?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So what, you missed the at least 2 weeks of fighting JUST Dark Wisps in Moonglow? And you're complaining now when there's two more monster types than then (3 more some places)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You had books of truth to gather in that event, if I'm correct. They said they published more live content, and nothing changed.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

schedule

hmmmm

Apparently ...... someone somewhen messed up their "spring forward"

G

On the one hand people have complained a lot about not being able to make it to events.
Now on this other hand we have people complaining that the event is not dynamic enough, that they are already bored with it.

I prefer this current method because it has allowed more people to participate in the event &amp; therefore allowed more people to feel a part of UO by being a part of this event.

So what if you're bored of it. Don't let it get to ya'. Just go back to playing with something else in UO for a few days until things change a bit.

G

Thats there problem if they miss it. Events should only take one day tops this whole two year plot line is just stuuuuuuupid.

G

I don't agree. UO was built for entertainment &amp; sometimes people can't make it to an event that only lasts a day, or a few hours, or even a few days.
What's the harm in allowing the same thing to last for a week or two in order to allow the busy players a chance to enjoy it as well?
Besides all shards might not have it all yet but things have already been changing in Moonglow since this last event started.

G

Nah, events can last longer, but it generally helps when we have a bit more information as to what exactly is happening and WHY we're doing what we're doing.

Also it helps if you can spread an event over a few different locations. The Ophidian Invasion currently stands out as one of the if not THE best run events in the game. It had a purpose, it was accessible, it was spread out enough that all combat playstyles could be useful and NOT interfere with each other in the competition for spawn, the special drops were good and in a reasonable distribution, and in the end there was a pattern for players to achieve success.

It seems like after that event, the "footprint" of later events of the same type have gotten smaller and smaller which makes it more of a lag and death-fest for a lot of people and an annoyance for others.

Now we're given some cryptic comments about our choices yet we know just enough that we could be very well making the exact WRONG choice in regards to how we want our character to be played.

I'm just not a big fan of small-footprint PvM setups (like this one or Magincia), and I'd rather things be made a bit more straightforward, or give us some NPCs that can tell us WTF is going on. If they are run on a "keyword script", then BOLD the keywords.

I still need to write out the more in-depth essay on events that I want to write...

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

schedule
"Event occurs over two days"

[/ QUOTE ]

Day 1 and day 2 is over, so maybe thats it.

F

Fayled Dhreams

the Destroyer speaks
*gets out his shears*

No, seriously, let's organize and prune.

*** SPOILERS ***

Q: How can the events over the last two years be organized?
A: I'd divide it into four sections:

* KR Announcement plotline
* Old plotline, setup for major world changes for KR
* New plotline
* Filler

You can consider a new plotline started *now* (though I'll include the events of Magincia.) The old plotline basically supported major worldbuilding changes (Haven, Blood Dungeon, etc), and was split between many different peoples' efforts - hence multiple story branches and differing events.

The new live events team is a subset of the live design team, and we've established a unified goal around this event arc, featuring one final epic event at the end in a few months.

Now, admittedly, the new plotline is very much related to the old one, just as most previous arcs had some influence from the past ones. The old plotline can be considered backstory for this one.

A key difference in our production will be maintaining a single thread to the plotline, and tying up loose ends from last year. I believe there'll still be a lot of freedom and fun in the event, even if it's more linear, with coming changes to certain game systems.

Meanwhile, for those looking for the overarching "hand" that's been causing all the chaos of last year, they're here. Kronos unleashed them. More info soon. Everything else can be seen as their machinations from afar, or their followers'.

Part of the goal for the Live Events page on uo.com is to actually organize this sort of information and make it easy for players to jump into the events without reading half a book's worth of fiction and forum posts. Stay tuned!

Q: Will previous events have influence on the new plotline?
A: Yes. In fact, as mentioned above, the current plotline will at the least tie together everything but the filler events, and it'll do it pretty quickly.

Q: When is the next "major" content addition for the event arc?
A: Publish 52

Q: Will anything be happening until Pub 52?
A: Yes, the rift in Moonglow will continue to present problems and opportunities. Expect weekly or bi-weekly changes.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad, so there is still more to this event.

However calling anyone who ever posts anything critical about UO a destroyer is silly. Posts in a forum that few read, didnt cut down UO subscribers by half in the past year.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

My bad, so there is still more to this event.

However calling anyone who ever posts anything critical about UO a destroyer is silly. Posts in a forum that few read, didnt cut down UO subscribers by half in the past year.

[/ QUOTE ]

silly monkey ... "calling anyone a destroyer"

READ THE FRAPPING <font color=red>LINK</font color=red>

L

Locus_Ceruleus

After dropping more than $600K in insurance, I'm done until there is a change. To half a mil, it was fun and I got a lot of booty. More than that is a rich man's game. (No, I will NOT wear Virtue Armor, so save your breath).

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
RTLFC

On Origin there are about 6 of us fighting the fallin warriors and fetids and wisps and after about....20 minutes? We got a berserker to spawn.....food for thought.

G

Advice:
take this time to collect all the items you can for trade in to sell on your vendors

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah the one and only Berserker so far tonight and I get a stupid scythe....I have like 40 of those I can't give them away....but nice for vendors lol they look kinda cool dressed in red and black weilding a berserker scythe

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

The Ophidian Invasion currently stands out as one of the if not THE best run events in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

It had some story complexity in terms of why the Ophidians were attacking, and Ricardo stealing their scion and so forth, but you didn't get that "Wait, WTF is going on?" feeling if you didn't know about it. The bottom line was that evil snake people were in our towns, and they needed their faces pushed in. Even if you didn't know the whole story, you knew basically what ought to be done.

And most brilliantly, it was the only invasion scenario I can remember where we players could actually win. I don't mean push the spawn back temporarily, I don't mean farm rares until Draconi ended the scenario with a patch six weeks later, I mean really WIN. The invasions ended when we defeated them, no sooner and no later. It was absolutely awesome.

But this event?

Yeah, they patched... something. Maybe it affected something, maybe it didn't. Maybe we're not doing it right. Nobody really knows. Why are we killing weird angels and demons in an alternate pocket-dimension in the first place? Eh, we don't know exactly. It's all in accordance with some storyline that only Draconi knows at this point. And maybe us on the boards when someone summarizes it for us after it's over. The average UO player will never know it.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

After dropping more than $600K in insurance, I'm done until there is a change. To half a mil, it was fun and I got a lot of booty. More than that is a rich man's game. (No, I will NOT wear Virtue Armor, so save your breath).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL (booty) and EEK! 600k? At least on my tamer i broke about even with the gold i collected and the gold i lost in insurance. You gotta learn to run man...Know when to hold em and know when to fold em.

Some big old fairy gets aggresive you gotta get on your bike. No need to sit there trying to duke it out because they have 1000 str dex and int (most have blessed themselves from a previous encounter and have 1100). They also are good at letting you get in a couple of hits and then unloading a barrage of spells on you including high level poison.

The shadow wisps are fairly easy once you lead them away from corpses they can animate. Even a flesh golem can kill you when you are bleeding and poisoned with flamestrikes and corp pors are coming at you.

Fetids aren't so bad if you can avoid the poison they do. A good warrior can go toe to toe with one and win as long as you heal at the right times.

Bezerkers kill my toons in 2 hits so i know not to use enemy of one at all and to stop attacking and heal once i take a blow. With my warrior i do armor ignore, get a running start and just run past him over and over. Using a mystic sword i get looting rights everytime doing that. Those Bezerkers are so slow and dumb i could kill em alone by jousting if it wasn't for the other monsters that sneak up behind you and start casting.

G

Events need to have some sort of natural progression. It doesn't have to be major. Say, cluster spawning. Every so often, have four wisps spawn in a nine tile radius, and have them link to a single target, so they are more difficult to defeat. Stop the regular spawn, if they prove too deadly. Promotes teamwork. In fact, the Dark Wisps are about the coolest monster added in the last few years. They are easy to kill, and hard to kill, at the same time, mainly due to their protective shield, but also because of their relatively high base damage, and necro abilities.

When the EA staff told us to bring blackrock, I immediately laughed. I said to myself, EA is making the players make the spawn more interesting, by inflicting the spawn with Black Rock infection. That's great. And, I got me a nice little box from a wisp
. But that kind of random is not a thrilling, natural progression, as much as it is missdirection to provide the users with something unusual every so often. The spawn does seem to lessen at later hours, or somehow, counter the rate at which the playerbase destroys the spawn. But otherwise, Moonglow is very small, and the monsters are all very tough. For shards like Chesapeake, Oceania, and the others still stuck, there is no longer an incentive to participate, except for the sheer expectation EA will make everything, from now on, a turn-in, in the future. Shame on EA, for that. Once I hit 50 items, I stopped going
. Would be cool to get a "Fallen" blackrock box, though ;D (shame on me, for that!)

C

Connor_Graham

"Know when to hold em and know when to fold em. "

And know when to kite 'em...

I'm up 950k, and last count put me somewhere between 450-500 of the items, along with 7 cursed arties. I lost count of how many Berserker Scythes. I know I've given quite a few of them away to people not lucky enough to have the characters or weapons to get looting rights.

For the poison, if you keep a stash of orange petals on you, you'll find that unless a fetid essence manages to hit you with a level 5-6 poison, for the most part you'll be able to avoid it.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

"Please, Please take the Guardian OUT of my MIND!"

G

RTLFC

I have 55 Shields, 69 Swords, 43 Threads....and wish I had 3x as much.

Personally, as someone that doesn't get to play 6 hours a day everyday, I am glad the events go on for more than a couple of days. As it is, my wife and I missed out on getting cloaks, because we took a weekend trip to do a photoshoot. We got back, and the shadowlords are gone.

That's why I wish UO would have more triggered, instanced events like EQ does.

G

EQ isn't like UO at all, it has sooooo much more stuf to do there a thousands of quests but not like the crap UO quests. If I didn't like 2d so much ide be playing eq right now. Sad I play UO becuase it reminds me of dragon warrior for nes huh :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sad I play UO becuase it reminds me of dragon warrior for nes huh :p

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it? Is it the fact it looks nothing like it? Plays nothing like it? Sounds nothing like it? Has a far deeper story? How one is an ancient 8-bit NES game with blocks instead of people and one is a beautifully crafted 2D-based game? I'm betting you're of the type of people who would say "Castlevania: Sympony of the Night" is exactly like the original "Dragon Warrior". That itself is very sad. If anything, the blocky polygonal people of EQ have more in common with the blocky sprite-based people of Dragon Warrior.

And for the record, i'm not dissing Dragon Warrior. I love the series.

G

If u get that bored that quick - its time for u to leave UO....amen

G

It makes me rather wary when I see people mentioning having 50+ of each item. I'm afraid that when the turn-ins are implemented, the devs are going to have to take into account the exceptions to the rule who have hundreds and hundreds of each item and balance the turn-ins around them, instead of the casual players (people like me!) who have taken more than a week to just accumulate about 10 of each item and a cloak or two.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It makes me rather wary when I see people mentioning having 50+ of each item. I'm afraid that when the turn-ins are implemented, the devs are going to have to take into account the exceptions to the rule who have hundreds and hundreds of each item and balance the turn-ins around them, instead of the casual players (people like me!) who have taken more than a week to just accumulate about 10 of each item and a cloak or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't have a cloak. And honestly, I see this more like the book of truth turn in, where it's going to take 50 of an item to get the top. I play maybe 20 hours a week. My numbers may seem inflated because I play with my wife. So, it really should be WE have gotten the items.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Advice:
take this time to collect all the items you can for trade in to sell on your vendors

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Flutter. When its over people are going to say I didnt have a chance. Argh.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Its your play style. You can get all the items, minus the scythe, with a thief. Stealth around (preferrably in wolf form) and use mirror image to lure a demon into the spawn. You dont even need to lure him either sometimes.. ive come across more than one that spawned right in the middle of a bunch of wisps and warriors, and he went to work.. so did i. Monsters that the demon kills are lootable by anyone, hence myself running around a few hours hours in the morning and getting 500+k, a ton of swords/shields/threads, and oh yes, you can cast Armageddon with a thief..
and four cloaks since the SLs are spawning again. (cant find any more blackrock.. at a resonable price..)

Why go out of your way for the same items?

I can understand participating in this event with a fighting or roleplaying character to an extent.. however with no fresh additions really, im going to roleplay my thief a little bit.
He needs some attention.

G

We only got demons on Chesapeake a few hours ago, so that wouldn't have been possible until now for me. :p

Even then, I've had players harass me for attacking mobs their dragons were attacking or for otherwise doing anything other than solo fallen warriors. Honestly, at this point, I just don't want to put up with it any more. Just bring on the new content already, or if not, tell us if we've farmed enough of this. e_e

C

Connor_Graham

"I've had players harass me for attacking mobs their dragons were attacking or for otherwise doing anything other than solo fallen warriors."

This is an event. Anyone can and will attack anything that moves. That's all part of it being an event and having so many players all in the same place all after the same things. There is no such thing as "my mob" in UO, much less in an event, especially in one that's in a small enclosed area like we have now.