• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's Back

• Thread starter Sheriff Tricky
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

toontownhappy

Yes, it's back...with a few more changes. Nothing that drastic, but still. I just solo'd a fac in River and...
1) the font that the room names appear across the screen in are different
2) when you press any of the buttons to open a door, they never turn green, they just stay red, but the door opens
3) the glitch in the warehouse where you jump up a wall no longer works; same for the West Silo glitch where you jump up the elevator shaft; I didn't check the East Silo
Obviously it doesn't matter if I mention the glitches here, as they no longer work anyway :(

F

Fangs McWolf

1) the font that the room names appear across the screen in are different
2) when you press any of the buttons to open a door, they never turn green, they just stay red, but the door opens
3) the glitch in the warehouse where you jump up a wall no longer works; same for the West Silo glitch where you jump up the elevator shaft; I didn't check the East Silo
#1) Much easier to read, I like it. :)
#2) I kinda like it when it turns green. Darn. At least the buttons still move down.
#3) Ok I thought maybe they had just made it a little more difficult, but from the way it's acting, they have really fixed it. Even with forced computer lag, that area has been cleaned up so there's nothing to catch onto so you can skip up. Oof! Oh well, glad I don't need factories anymore. :D I checked the East Silo, that's still there, just not as buggy as before. I say buggy because even if you didn't want to glitch, sometimes you would anyway.

Now, I can understand fixing some of the glitches (example, the warehouse), but couldn't they also fix the problem of triggering the cogs in the warehouse when you haven't gone up the steps yet? That's irritating and sort of takes away from the fun of seeing the cogs you're about to fight.

T

toontownhappy

#1) Much easier to read, I like it. :)
#2) I kinda like it when it turns green. Darn. At least the buttons still move down.
#3) Ok I thought maybe they had just made it a little more difficult, but from the way it's acting, they have really fixed it. Even with forced computer lag, that area has been cleaned up so there's nothing to catch onto so you can skip up. Oof! Oh well, glad I don't need factories anymore. :D I checked the East Silo, that's still there, just not as buggy as before. I say buggy because even if you didn't want to glitch, sometimes you would anyway.

Now, I can understand fixing some of the glitches (example, the warehouse), but couldn't they also fix the problem of triggering the cogs in the warehouse when you haven't gone up the steps yet? That's irritating and sort of takes away from the fun of seeing the cogs you're about to fight.
So you still sometimes get glitched up at the East Silo?
And yeah, the warehouse glitch drives me NUTS. You'd think that they would've fixed it along with the others...ah well. And you can still shove people through doors, too. I get great pleasure out of that :D
Also, the stomper buttons in the warehouse don't turn green either, they just stay that ugly kind of orange.
As a side note, the new emotes can be played while the gag animation is playing as well. It looks funny to be surprised that you're dropping a safe. :D

F

Fangs McWolf

So you still sometimes get glitched up at the East Silo?
I had to actually put a little effort into it but yeah. Normally it will sometimes glitch on its own even if you don't want it to.

Also noticed in the mints that many of the glitches are fixed or are harder to do. Using the book glitch (in the big gear room to get to the upper level), your p.o.v. isn't jumpy, so it makes it a little harder. The paint room glitch is difficult at very very best (I couldn't get it to work, I had to end up going the intended way). Going up the side wall next to the gags in the big stomper room isn't working for me anymore either.

Overall, it seems like a lot of the lag spots have been tweaked. Darn.

Also noticed a new and rather irritating problem. If you minimize ToonTown and someone talks before you restore it, then you will hear that voice (like a ducks quack, cats meow, etc) forever repeating until that same type of animal makes the same type of noise. ie, duck asking a question sound will repeat until you hear a duck ask a question. Gets worse when there are 5 or 6 sounds going on non-stop like that, then you have to find those species and get them to repeat the noises. It doesn't have to be the same toon, only the same species and same type of talk (short, medium, long, question, etc).

T

toontownhappy

I was able to glitch on top of the stompers in Stomper Alley, though...looks like they did a pretty selective job of fixing glitches!
I ran into the repeating sound problem yesterday. I usually play TT with music and sound effects off, but yesterday, I wanted to hear the sounds the new emotes made, so I turned the fx on. It then proceeded to recreate every single sound in TT that I had encountered, which it had done before. But this time, the animal noise was added. I went to minigolf, because that usually fixes the problem, and while the other background noise was gone, the animal noises stayed. Any ideas as to why part of the problem would get fixed, and not the rest of it?
Also, I've been noticing a delay between when I click a speedchat phrase and when it appears onscreen. Anyone else having this problem?
I just noticed something else weird: When you click on a toon's friends button, it doesn't ask if you want to friend them or not; it just goes to "Seeing if (name) is available..." and then either "(name) isn't looking for new friends right now." or "Asking (name) to be your friend." This could be very annoying if you mean to tp to someone and hit the wrong button.

F

Fangs McWolf

Also, I've been noticing a delay between when I click a speedchat phrase and when it appears onscreen. Anyone else having this problem?
I think they made a change to all chatting in a way that there may actually be an unintentional delay. It might be to prevent chat flooding or it may be to log everything that is said (to track harrassment/etc) or something else. No matter what though, if it's speedchat, it should appear instantly if it's not an excessive amount of chat.

I just noticed something else weird: When you click on a toon's friends button, it doesn't ask if you want to friend them or not; it just goes to "Seeing if (name) is available..." and then either "(name) isn't looking for new friends right now." or "Asking (name) to be your friend." This could be very annoying if you mean to tp to someone and hit the wrong button.
I've only noticed that you have to delete friends to make fewer friends and that when you try to friend click on the friend maker (where it tells you to pick the toon you want to be friends with) and it will tell you how many friends you have on your list.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No matter what though, if it's speedchat, it should appear instantly if it's not an excessive amount of chat.
Maybe this qualifies to you as "excessive amounts of chat", but maybe it's two-fold. To stop the SFspam, and also to mess up certain programs that are against the ToS to use.

T

toontownhappy

I think they made a change to all chatting in a way that there may actually be an unintentional delay. It might be to prevent chat flooding or it may be to log everything that is said (to track harrassment/etc) or something else. No matter what though, if it's speedchat, it should appear instantly if it's not an excessive amount of chat.

I've only noticed that you have to delete friends to make fewer friends and that when you try to friend click on the friend maker (where it tells you to pick the toon you want to be friends with) and it will tell you how many friends you have on your list.
In reference to the speedchat, I don't mean very long phrases or anything excessive; I mean amounts of text as small as :) take an extra second to appear.
In reference to the friends, I don't think I was entirely clear, sorry- I meant when you see a toon's panel with their face, laff, and options like report and whisper, one of the options is 'friends'. When you click on that button, that's when it used to say, "Do you want to make friends with (name)?" and yes or no buttons would come up. Now it just does what I said earlier.