• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its ALL About Money!!!!

• Thread starter cosmiccharlie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

cosmiccharlie

Maxis sat back for years watching people sell objects and simoleans for rl money! Finally Maxis Woke Up. They make a new Big city and they charge $5.00 for Simoleans! Can someone pls tell me how that doesnt mess up the economy all over again? It messes up the Economy but atleast maxis gets paid.

The whole free players dont count for anything is also a move by Maxis to generate more money. They know people will activate those accounts to use in EA Land. I wonder if they did this because the game isnt as popular as it Once was and new ppl are joining it.. I been playing this game for almost 7 years and it seems every few years maxis [censored] it up all over again? Hey Maxis can we get a little square city and can you add balloon friendship and enemy Links? Maybe you will get some of the ppl who quit and went to SL back.

T

TKSpeedy1

I think you hit the nail on the head. This is gonna screw up the "economy" all over again. I don't think there is any sure fix for the "economy" problem. There is always going to be someone somewhere who is going to figure out a way to beat the system. Take yesterday's fiasco for example. Did anyone NOT see that coming? And the rest of us had to suffer because of it.

Now if they'd get better tech support (not to mention tech support 24/7) AND fix some of the things we've been complaining about for years and raise payouts to a reasonable amount so that some we can actually survive instead of trying to figure out ways of lining their pockets (Selling simoleans to us), I wouldn't have any complaints. But I don't see that happening. Just give me decent tech support, get the phantom enemy OFF my web, and raise payouts and I will be perfectly happy. Is that too much to ask? Oh, yeah, and do something about the lag and log in issues. I know there is always going to be bugs...it's a computer game after all, but still. I pay to play not to install it on my computer and let it sit there until they get it figured out.

G

*claps* perfectly said. I've met some of the greatest people though TSO and most of them quit. I barely even play the game except pay it every other month so my sims dont get wiped. It took them 16 months of my account being paid for them to finally give me my statues (i think my math is off i thought a year was 12 months!) a few days ok, but 4 months of waiting!? when am i going to get my trees? when my account is 30 months!? And is it just me or did the anniversary gifts end at 3 years? is this because nobody lasted 4 years or TSO thinks they were being too generous and cut it off at 3 years? Come on now, we pay $10 a month and what do we get? lag, money exploits, scammers, and not to mention those bugs where your items just disappear and all we get is a "we're sorry" email. Pick up the slack!

G

thats my boy Wtg Charlie im glad you said that .. Bring back tagging!!! lol

I

imported_Danny Dots

I have been playing TSO since the early days of beta. yes it has had its issues and yes it has had greater times. I think this is just taking a situation and putting a negative spin on it. It's all about how you look at things it life. Honestly, why shouldn't maxis be making the money? It is their game. This is just a waste of energy.

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

Isn't the point of ANY business to be profitable?

Yeah....EA is looking for ways to make money. Lots of people left TSO for SL in search of something different. And now EA Land, is taking cues from other online games. SL has free accounts that are limited, and can be upgraded to paid account to enable more features. Also, SL sells in game currency. Looks to me like EA Land is just updating to stay a competitor in the online gaming world.

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

I meant that in support of what EA is doing with EA Land.

Basically, they're doing what they need to do. And we should be happy we still have a game to play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Looks to me like EA Land is just updating to stay a competitor in the online gaming world.

[/ QUOTE ]Not really.

Apart from being years behind - in success and quality - of Second Life, EA simply just fail at online games. It's just not what they do.

EA are market leaders in write it / box it / sell it / forget it games. The 'updates' on most of their sports titles are merely last year's games but with a new bunch of names or a league table - for another $49.99 each.

A successful online community needs far more support from the company running the game, to be involved, to listen to its customers, and to evolve with them. We have... one person?

When EA introduced the thought of 'cash out' it brings out the worst in everyone - because of greed over money. That's why we have the discrimination and hatred towards freebie players so prevalent here lately.

Back in the day, when there was a money exploit in DC, they just wiped the city. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if they decided they had no other option but to wipe everyone's legitimately earned money because of some big cheat that had gone unnoticed for a week and thrown millions into the economy?

G

*NOIP*

Just as an FYI to anybody who hasn't zero'd in on it yet, the job tracks are totally the way to go to make a decent amount of simoleans, with little skilling involved. ALL the job tracks can be gotten to the very top level with only 10, not 20, in the corresponding skill and then all you have to do is work the shifts and get the friend links. Here's the tracks and what skills go with them, to even keep anybody from having to look at the charts on TSO Mania, or asking 'what skill do I need for x job track'?

Restaurant job - charisma
Dancer - body
DJ - creativity
robot - mech *or* logic (not both as some believe)

Personally, my favorite is the restaurant job. I'm only on level 4 of the track and already making 1000 simoleans a shift. I've tried the dancer job, and it was *ok* but the pay is not consistent enough for me to enjoy it, its based on too many things that I cannot control. The DJ job is *almost* the same, except the pay for even level 1 was triple what I made on level 1 of the dancer job. The robot factory is fun if you like walking on the *wild* side and don't mind dying, since the robot factory is the one job where death is a possibility. The pay is excellent though. I was talking to someone in game tonight that said on levels 9 and 10 of that job they make 2000-2500 per shift (green cycle). That beats everything else, HANDS DOWN.

For those who for whatever reason are just sim-job phobic, pizza is the next best thing, but it *does* require finding a highly skilled team with a very good IM caller to get the 800-1000 basic rate, anything less and I made between 300-700 simolean a green cycle and if I did that all the time then I too would be frustrated and pulling my hair out. I think alot of the frustration with making money seems to come not from there actually being NO way to make money, rather it's just that the ways to make money efficiently just aren't to the liking of the individual player. But now maybe some will see that there are indeed a few different ways to avoid doing single job objects for $8-$25 a pop, and you don't HAVE to hit the ATM if you are truly dead-set against it, you'll just have to invest a little more time as opposed to cash. I've never bought a single simolean from an ATM, and never bought them at all since before TC3 was brought live back in June of last year....in fact I don't remember when I *did* buy them, though I can't swear that I never, ever have.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

Maxis sat back for years watching people sell objects and simoleans for rl money! Finally Maxis Woke Up. They make a new Big city and they charge $5.00 for Simoleans! Can someone pls tell me how that doesnt mess up the economy all over again? It messes up the Economy but atleast maxis gets paid.

The whole free players dont count for anything is also a move by Maxis to generate more money. They know people will activate those accounts to use in EA Land. I wonder if they did this because the game isnt as popular as it Once was and new ppl are joining it.. I been playing this game for almost 7 years and it seems every few years maxis [censored] it up all over again? Hey Maxis can we get a little square city and can you add balloon friendship and enemy Links? Maybe you will get some of the ppl who quit and went to SL back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect ive been wanting to say this but couldnt figure out the ords to do it with and you just said it all in 2 paragraph when i oepend this fourm i tohught it was going to be some newb asking for money but you hit the nail on he head thanks for saying this!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It wont screw the economy up, because people are buying money, to spend money! Dynamic pricing makes a huge difference, did you see the price of a stone pillar? It was $12,000 simoleans for one yesterday, pets, craft tables, some decor items, skill &amp; money objects shot up to $99,999 yesterday.

It wont screw the economy up, we have more drains than foists.

My question is, how have you played for 7 years when TSO isn't/wasn't even that old.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Well said, if you were a Maxis higher up on a game that was supposedly on its last legs (I dont know for sure-thats just a feeling I get), wouldnt you want to profit as well?

G

I think Maxis has the right to want to make a little money out of this and update an old game that was dying. When I left TSO, it wasn't what it was when I started playing. It was boring. I'm glad the game has some new life. Its why I came back. I think this also gives gamers an oppurtunity to get some of the features they want. Haven't the devs been using blogs and the forums to find suggestions? Use the oppurtunity to make the game a better place and for the love of looney people, quit whining!