• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's all a bit dark...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my samp, who is an elf, it all went a bit dark in Minoc earlier. Then I went down to Blackthorns to poke holes in the balrons for a bit, and whilst it wasn't coal holes at midnight black, it was certainly ... murkier than it should be for the average elf. Not somewhere I really want to go and play with the spawn in the dark, that's for sure.

So far I have tried

Turning dark nights on & then off via options

Night sight scrolls

Night sight potions

Night sight earrings

Logging in my all 120 Necroweaver & casting night sight on my samp

Nothing is working, at all. Anyone got any ideas?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Krampus spawned?

When i do champs, it gets darker as it progresses.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, no Krampus - never had that issue with him, although I've experienced it at champs in the past. And, oddly, sailing with my tamer, also an elf, when pirate hunting. That one actually was coal hole at midnight on a moonless night dark - the whole damn screen was black except my paperdoll!

I have to say that chasing flapping balrons down in the dark isn't so very much fun.... photo_2018-12-08_00-12-59.jpg

Pic was taken after I used night sight pot, night sight scroll & put on the Nocturne earrings.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are infected. You have rebooted I guess.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wasn't there a bug a while back with multiple items with night sight cancelling each other out? Do you have more than one item on?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are an elf you shouldn't wear any gear with nightsight.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't usually wear gear with night sight, as I'm an elf, so I don't need it. I only tried last night cos it all went dark & I couldn't see anything! On human chars, I've found that removing the nightsight item - usually earrings - then replacing it sorts the problem out. On an elf, casting night sight on myself does it. All I did last night was run through the list of things I could do with that char, including a reboot. None of it helped.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh no I think your elf has gone blind! :(
Seriously though, no idea what's going on there, I can imagine it would be pretty annoying!
Did you try deleting the character cache in the game file? Not ideal but might help. Not sure if a GM could do anything for you...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no I think your elf has gone blind! :(
Seriously though, no idea what's going on there, I can imagine it would be pretty annoying!
Did you try deleting the character cache in the game file? Not ideal but might help. Not sure if a GM could do anything for you...

I don't think I'm ready to go that far quite yet! I haven't logged in yet, will see what happens when I do, and if the world is still dark, will try giving a GM a call.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm with @ShriNayne I think your elf has gone blind... Hum... maybe they are doing something they shouldn't...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She's not what you'd call a nice elf, but she does try to be helpful! Frequently puts herself between tamers & minions, even heals other players sometimes. Those necroweaver habits are awful hard to break :p

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS. It's still happenening. Was fine til about half ten today, then it all went murky again. Fortunately, someone kindly cast night sight on her, so we weren't fighting Krampus in the dark, but I can't keep hoping for others to chuck night sights on a regular basis, as I'm often doing stuff on my own!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something like this happened to me a while back so I went to Vesper and logged out and back in then ran to Minoc. Once there I logged out and back in and it was fixed.

Dunno why or how but it worked again.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ended up just rebooting my laptop. Solved it for a while. Bit inconvenient in the middle of trade run though!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe you could post it on the official forum, it has a sub-forum for bugs, at least one of the Devs might see it there.