• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

it's a Keeper , well maybe not

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So i had been out of game a few years and when i came back i heard you could make house walls and floors for a keep and castles. I placed a Keep on Europa and went to work. farming stone for a week on and off to get the materials needed and then figuring out how to place the tiles correctly and lift them , ect. using a sextant my usable 3rd floor is at 56 z axis and i got all the tiles uniform, put the walls up and checked for any missing tiles, ect. made a set of steps to the 4th floor and started the process yet again of lifting tiles 20 times each to get the next z axis to 76. it all looked great, worked good but at 76z i couldnt place or create any exterior walls so you could just run off the roof. but hey i'm careful, and it is just going to be deco up there anyways. meanwhile i started putting in deco on the 3rd floor, 56z, i had goza mats down to protect me from the accidental 2 click oh hell my tile is missing affect. the trouble i had was after placing a guillotine the entire roof, every tile on the 76z fell to 56z level. i did have goza's on the roof and they stayed in place but every floor tile under them is now under the deco and gozas from the 3rd floor. is this a common thing because i've put a tonnage ammount of hours placing, lifting, checking every tile to lose an entire roof in 30 seconds. I'd rip the whole 76z roof off if i find out how common this issue is. any keep or castle people make a 3rd or 4th floor and have issues? first picture shows the roof before , and then after. you can see in the corners of the roof it's open right to the 3rd floor.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop raising the tiles from the 3rd floor. Use 4 Rough Blocks instead then place the pavor on top of the blocks. If you want an exterior barrier around the roof, simply lower each tile 1. With room to place other walls u can either build an additional floor or just make the border.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
so you are saying to use 4 square blocks then a paver on top for every tile to make the roof? and what happens when i remove the blocks? doesnt the paver fall as well?

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
well after wiping the whole floor, all the walls, removing the 3rd floor and resetting it all to 56 z axis. i tried the 4 block method, after putting down the 4 blocks it would not allow me to place a paver on the 4th block which would be at 76 z. every keep i've seen that has a added floor is private unfortunately. i'd love to get inside one and check floor levels and see how they did it.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it wont let u add the pavor then u are too high on the other floors leaving u less room for the top i can show u my castle that im working on to show u when u have free time

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Castle/Keep Floor Height Information

The advice I've seen is not to put anything above 75 height or it won't stay and will go into moving crate or disappear. I think by having your floor at 75 and placing things which would make it 76 up is causing the issues you're seeing.

Try lowering your floor one or two clicks and see if that works.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@TheGrimReefer house located? what server? is it open to public? i'd run out and look, was hoping to see a keep setup but I imagine a castle would be the same as far as floor height.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My castle is on Drach on other side of water in Skara. Follow the water North until u come to a Castle owned by Julia Dragonbane. From the other side of her castle run North to my castle owned by Daemons Curse. Cords are 23 22S 37 32W

Last edited:

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When an object in the game has been raised using the house deco tool and is floating, and another object is placed under it and is raised in the same manner,
there is a point where the floating object falls to one z-axis spot above the object from below (that is being raised).

This also happens with certain house add-ons, when their z-axis height gets to that same level, which is what happened in your case.

When an object falls, it can be targeted with the deco tool and re-raised to its previous height.

Unfortunately, this happens fairly regularly when raising an object through another.

Another thing that may help, you can have floors that are slightly less than 20z in height difference
(although the head of a mounted player on the floor below will often show through the floor in this case).