• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Ithaca Town Meeting to Discuss Proposed Charter

O

Odyss3us

Since no one has shown interest in the boards in helping write the charter, I have taken it upon my self: http://www.lind-i.com/Docs/Ithaca_Charter.docx

The highlights are:
  • An owners' council for the people who own houses associated with Ithaca. These groups are responsible for admitting (or expelling) buildings to Ithaca.
  • An elected vendor's council representing those who hold vendor contracts with Ithaca.
  • A congress comprised of the two councils responsible for defining zoning codes (what type of house a given house should be, etc) and defining, negotiating and enforcing vendor contracts (what types of items can be on a vendor, auctioning the contract off, etc).
  • An independent arbitration council responsible for mediating and deciding on the inevitable disputes.

I feel that the system I have developed addresses many of the questions and concerns that were shared at the first meeting.

I would like to host another meeting to discuss such the charter and gage the interest level of potential vendors on Friday, March 25th at 8:00 PM CST at the Ithaca Savings and Loan right outside the south west side of Vesper in Trammel.

Please comment here with any feedback so that I can address the issue here or at least prepare feedback for Friday. Thanks for everyone’s interest, hopefully this is something we can all rally around.

Jason Lind / Lord of Lords

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see all the thought you have put into this, but expecting to have the entire shard involved in this process, that really only involves a few small plots in an out of the way area may be a little short sighted.

O

Odyss3us

I see all the thought you have put into this, but expecting to have the entire shard involved in this process, that really only involves a few small plots in an out of the way area may be a little short sighted.
I don't expect the entire shard to be involved in the process, and historically this area was not considered "out of the way" which is something I would like to rectify. The idea is you don't have to own land to be involved, vendor operators actually have more of a say in what goes on than house owners under this charter.

O

Odyss3us

The meeting had to be postponed due to a previously scheduled EM event I was not aware of and is here by rescheduled for Sunday at 5:00 PM CST.

O

Odyss3us

Only a few people showed up to the meeting on Sunday, I'm hoping that's more of a reflection of the scheduling snafu with the EM event on Friday than anything else.

Of the people who did show up one new face was interested in becoming an owner in Ithaca the other was interested in vending.

In an effort to reach as many of you as possible in game we will be hosting a forum every day this week at 9:00PM CST.

Thank you again for your interest and support.