• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

items won't unstack

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello i've been using The enhanced client but it is buggy, currently i am having problems with pulling items out of a stack. i f it is a stack of 10k bandies it won't allow me to seperate, the little count window that is supposed to come up has stopped, and it will only allow me to move whole stack( though i can still use). it started occasionally on a 1 char, now 3 char cannot unstack, note this is only in EC and in old client there is no problem. tried dying (does not work), can not think of anything else(sent in multiple bug reports). given the way things are going, within a month, i won't have a char who will be able to play in EC. any ideas?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While picking up the stack, try it with and without holding the shift key.
Also there's an option whether "pick up full stack" or "split window popup" is the default. (User settings -> Options -> "Hold Shift to Unstack Items"). Whatever is selected, the shift key remains the toggle for the other behaviour.

If this doesn't fix it, don't know...

(You are running the default UI? And if Pincos, then it is fully updated?)

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are trying to unstack 10k bandies into your backpack by counting out 100 then dragging the 100 it won't let you. Because it is counting the whole stack weight still which the pack will not be able to hold. I have to unstack inside the container then drag the smaller stack into backpack. Not sure if this is what the issue is for you but hope it helps.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are trying to unstack 10k bandies into your backpack by counting out 100 then dragging the 100 it won't let you. Because it is counting the whole stack weight still which the pack will not be able to hold. I have to unstack inside the container then drag the smaller stack into backpack. Not sure if this is what the issue is for you but hope it helps.
This isn't true at all... You can have a stack in the bank and take a smaller more appropriate weight stack out. Follow what everyone else said and check your user settings in EC, shut the program down and log back in, and or check if shift keys are stuck. EC is buggy sometimes, it's true and I won't deny it, but so is CC.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
While picking up the stack, try it with and without holding the shift key.
Also there's an option whether "pick up full stack" or "split window popup" is the default. (User settings -> Options -> "Hold Shift to Unstack Items"). Whatever is selected, the shift key remains the toggle for the other behaviour.

If this doesn't fix it, don't know...

(You are running the default UI? And if Pincos, then it is fully updated?)
tried this and it worked, checked the settings and it had the hold shift box checked, i unchecked and it is back to normal. the question is how it switched, i did not switch it or even bring up user settings to do so accidentally. it started a couple weeks after i started playing with one char and now was up to three char, trying to figure how it got switched? thx for the help

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@afk Actually using the 'hold shift to unstack' in the EC is actuallly my preferred way to use it, means when you are looting chests etc you dont have to worry about amounts etc, just drag and drop, only need to type in a number if you 'want' to only take part of a stack instead of the other way round. You should try playing it that way now you 'know' to hold the shift key to unstack and you will probably find it much better.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the hold shift to unstack is standard .... which is good and bad... 1/2 my characters have that and the other half don't... so I'm always confused.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This isn't true at all... You can have a stack in the bank and take a smaller more appropriate weight stack out. Follow what everyone else said and check your user settings in EC, shut the program down and log back in, and or check if shift keys are stuck. EC is buggy sometimes, it's true and I won't deny it, but so is CC.
This happens to me in containers at home not at bank. Glad his fix was found.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope, sorry. Doesn't happen at home either.
Thanks at least it's not something game breaking for me. It doesn't happen with all my toons either and only recently started happening. Sometimes small things like this work themselves out with patches. If you play UO long enough you chalk small things up to a toons personality.