• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items that show up without stepping onto house foundation

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi!
I've been wondering this for a long time, and have never seen it explained, and can't find the answer in the FAQ's and can't find the answer looking back through threads here.
How come when you run by houses, sometimes you can see stuff on the lawns/roofs/steps and sometimes you can't unless you step onto the steps or foundation?
As an example, I have a grassy lawn in Zento and I locked down vendor rental contracts but when I recall to my house, or run by it, I can't see them until I step onto the lawn. But when I run by other houses, I can see them locked down on people's roofs or lawns? And sometimes I can see dye tubs locked down on people's steps or front blocks (the things that go where front steps do, but aren't steps - don't know what they're called - foundation blocks?) but when I lock down a dye tub on my front blocks it doesn't show up until you step onto the lawn?
I know those tiles that look like logs lashed together with twine allow you to place stuff on top of them, and then you can see it without stepping onto the house, but what about the houses that don't have those under the stuff locked down?
Hopefully this all makes sense. I can provide screenies if necessary!
~ NDM

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time these things are Random.... There are ways to control it... however those of us who understand that have as a general rule decided its best not to disclose them publicly in fear that monster lag houses will emerge and it will be removed as an option for us... If you have a specific project your working on PM me and I'll come explain in game...

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Vlad - that makes sense. I wouldn't disclose it either for the same reasons! Nope, I don't have a project in mind, was just curious why some items show up and others don't. If I ever do need to know, for a project, I'll remember that you're the one to ask :)