• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Items that can't be locked down

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some items that can't be locked down, such as a head with a name and some wedding rings that aren't blessed. In both cases the items can be locked down if they are blessed.
Seeing as item bless deeds aren't that expensive I was wondering if anyone has tried using one on an item that can't be locked down and whether this changes it. Don't want to waste a perfectly good deed either!

It may drastically increase the value of those items and they'll look a lot better when they are locked down, rather than in a container :).

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Haven't tried it myself, so I can't say. I do wish I could lock my green champagne glasses down though - and those I can't even lock down for display in a bag, but can only store them in a secure. :(

Brian

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried blessing a wedding ring a while back, it still couldn't be locked down. not sure if this has changed or not.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe most items that cannot be locked down do not have a "weight" in the item description; After all you can't lock down air. :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
after reading my post i realized they have things called "air locks".... im going to look in to that. ;)

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If head name is "head of xxxxx" then cant be locked down, if name is "The head of xxxxxx" then can be locked down.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some wedding rings are 'newbiefied', so they are blessed but not visually tagged as such. Unfortunately this also means that they cannot be locked down, and will decay quickly if left. Not sure if this type of 'blessed' item will let you re-bless it with a deed unfortunately.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will try it on a few things and let you know. I'd love to lock down a couple of things.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old xmas eggnog from back in 97/98 is also newbiefied.. however there is a way around this, to make the bottle lockdownable. In New Magincia at the inn right above the docks is a daily 'empty bottle' spawn. 2 bottles, one an empty liquor bottle, the other is an empty ale bottle. Once you grab the bottles, use one of them, and it will ask 'fill from what?' Target the eggnog bottle. It will consume the old non lockdownable bottle, and the new empty bottle you just filled will keep the name, and be lockdownable. (feel free to stop by my house @ N1 New Mag on Pacific and check out the one I have. Can stay all day if youd like to see if itll decay).