• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item with a very laughable name =)

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
im taking offers on this funny little arrow i got from an IDOC. its located on LS, i know its not a rare but there are rares collectors that collect this sort of thing, plus you might get a good giggle snort from reading the name. current offer is at 75m . please post all other offers on this post, i will check it i promise "writes note to remember to check post"

Attachments

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what we have become is it? I am not her fan. I am also not laughing.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is what we have become is it? I am not her fan. I am also not laughing.
well everyones sense of humor is different... "or nonexistent". im not an easily offended snowflake constantly on the verge of melting so i thought it was down right hilarious . and are u trying to shame people on my post into not buying this item? because thats how it sounds. i mean i know this is a forum, but honestly your opinion on an item was not ask nor do i need any type of permission from you to post said item. bid the highest and destroy the item if you want to, but dont get on my thread and shame my buyers..

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before I bid, can you contact Mesanna to make sure shes ok with this?

It does involve her name afterall (And that this could be interpreted as sexual harassment towards someone who works for the game). Wouldn't want people to pay gold for something that ends up getting deleted or changed by Mesanna right?

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Before I bid, can you contact Mesanna to make sure shes ok with this?

It does involve her name afterall (And that this could be interpreted as sexual harassment towards someone who works for the game). Wouldn't want people to pay gold for something that ends up getting deleted or changed by Mesanna right?
no...F mesanna... she not gettin my arrow....

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She removes her name as soon as It's found out. She made this clear long time ago, her name and other EM or GM names can't be used or will be removed on sight. Unless these names were sanctioned by her.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if she didn’t want any sexual jokes associated with her name then she should have thought before giving hundreds of cream pies to everyone.
I don't think it really works that way...

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
got a bid on Q for 150m , if u guys wanna bid on q then just q me... 105811531. since this item that was locked on this guys house steps for the last 5 years is now controversial , i understand someone may not want the powers that be to know it is on their account.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well technically it is not her name, it says "Messana" not Mesanna ... so she shouldnt have a problem with it?

1682206168861.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
She removes her name as soon as It's found out. She made this clear long time ago, her name and other EM or GM names can't be used or will be removed on sight. Unless these names were sanctioned by her.
All EM names now spawn on pirates death certificate. You can get quite laughable ones

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no i never deny, they made horrible changes to the idoc system and wouldnt listen to actual idocers about what they were doing wrong on test... so now they are just stuck with the mess they created. i didnt get much else tho out of that one, there were allot of people there. i really wanted one of the roses to keep for myself but i didnt manage to get a single one.
i dont idoc, but they didnt make the changes for idocers. the exact opposite, they made the changes for the average player who might do an idoc once in a while on 1 account. compared to the old system, which could be easily script looted using item ids to pick out the best items its a huge improvement for casuals.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i dont idoc, but they didnt make the changes for idocers. the exact opposite, they made the changes for the average player who might do an idoc once in a while on 1 account. compared to the old system, which could be easily script looted using item ids to pick out the best items its a huge improvement for casuals.
its always the people that " dont idoc" that seem to wanna add their imput. if you dont idoc then how would u know how flawed this new system is compared to the old one? with the old system yes people ran a script to loot, but it would have been a very easy fix because the script they used to loot tossed full trunks on packys. trunks a player couldnt hold. so they could have just put a timer on anything from an idoc baring it from going on a pack animal for x amount of minutes.... and yes you could just hold some trunks off screen and wait, but that script wouldnt have done that. they could have even went the most simple route and just banned the people using the packy loader.... the old way teams had to run shards and find idocs, so we had a community and we helped each other. with this new system there is literally 0 effort needed... hell you dont even have to go check a trade minister, you just wait for one of the 4 seasons to start spouting off about it in gen chat. then you load up 40 accounts and run your 0 skill 0 effort bots... its a horrible system..... and its gonna be exploited till the end of days cause they majorly F'ed it up

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Dixie chessy/legends

when i say i dont idoc, i dont do it as a playstyle. i attend the occasional idoc, yes. just like everything else in UO, as time goes on changes are made with casual players in mind. because thats what most players are. same thing with em events, global events, even vet rewards changes (no age limit)

when i say script loot, im not talking about containers with unknown items. im talking targeting specific items (usually rares) worth alot. like target the 5plat item instead of compete with everyone else manually. yes, i would love to see a more hands on policing of idocs, but we all know that would never happen.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fundamentally disagree. I do idoc, on 1 account, no scripts, and have pulled more valuable loot now then what I did before, even when using a targeted strategy for the old system.

I think the attack on the trade minister tool aligned with the complaining that it takes “0 effort” to do IDOCs now is an elitist mindset at best. It’s a point FOR scripters then against.

Keeping in mind that the IDOC system at its origins rewards players for having 0 effort when you bring into the discussion that these items were someone else’s. Items that THEY put in effort to obtain, and all you have to do is wait to see it drop.

So the elitist complaints of which system is better and which is not is dull at best.

I also do not find it a compelling argument to criticize the dev team for not taking IDOCers advice on the IDOC system when the IDOC system had to be addressed because of the exploitation of your typical career idocer

*shrugs*

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its always the people that " dont idoc" that seem to wanna add their imput
Might I suggest not posting your unsolicited opinion on a Forum where others could also generate their unsolicited opinions?
Just a friendly suggestion. I personally get a sense of distaste by the elitist comments in this thread.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fundamentally disagree. I do idoc, on 1 account, no scripts, and have pulled more valuable loot now then what I did before, even when using a targeted strategy for the old system.
I agree. The old system allowed the players who used vacuums to get everything. Now a single player can get items even if the IDOC is crowded like this one was. I got 6 junk items and 1 bottle I have never seen. A friend got a rare color poinsettia.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I did a ton of IDOCing in the old way. The only script I ever ran was one to help me check signs faster as I looked for IDOCs but it ended up being slower because it would mess up all the time. I really liked the old system and I liked it much more than todays system. However the cheating got to be so bad that it had to be changed. It was only a handful of people that did it, so it could have been fixed easily. However that was never going to happen because of the money that group of people spends on a monthly basis. I would prefer the old system without cheaters, but if we are going to have cheaters then this system is probably better. I very rarely do them anymore so maybe my opinion isn't as informed of an opinion. I am sure with whatever system they would have created people that want to cheat would still figure out a way to do so....now you just have tons of BOT armies and people that script the house placement. I strongly dislike both and have made that pretty clear, however I can never pass up an opportunity to further express my dislike.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did speak about clean up with the OP and she is okay with the discussion. I do ask all to keep the personal comments and jabs out of it. If folks want to have a more general discussion about the morality of the name or current IDOC workings, it would more appropriately be brought to it's own thread in UHall.

Further, I think there has been sufficient discussion around the possibility of a name revert. It's a risk a buyer should know about. Given the item has been around 10+ years at this point, my guess is that it's most likely safe unless its displayed publicly and someone pages on it. Those with a moral objection to the name don't need to make offers.

That said, this might be one the funniest items I've seen in a long while.
Dixie should be able to complete her sale without additional derailment.

EDIT:
I went back and did a separate read through and did remove a few of the posts that were getting personal, including the Butt Hurt form. (LuLz). Let's move forward positively please.

Last edited: