• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item fallen under house. :(

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I customized, I changed the foundation, I removed everything including floor tiles over the spot, but the item is still stuck. it fell under the house and I am not getting a GM to respond to my very nicely written help request. :D

I was going to place the wheel barrow where the black line is but it went under the house next doors foundation.

upload_2018-5-20_6-4-53.png

Any quick options besides destroying the home?

I gave thought to placing a new home next door and moving my stuff then replacing, but the account management page is down too! :D

And now the servers are going down :oops:

Logged back in, it was still there, it finally poofed about 6:23 I opened my backpack in hopes it would be there :) but it's not. :( Awwwwww......

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you frequently do house changes so close to server reset ?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Not entirely sure of the situation. But if you can raise it with the house tool? You might need to start the process with getting the tool cursor inside the house. Run around outside to get to the area you want to target and target the item. Run back around and get in your house before the door closes (or the door becomes the last target lol) then do the last target last action kind of macro (can't remember exactly which macro combination does this but you can experiment in the house on something) to get it to raise. It's been awhile but I think I did something like this putting a teleporter on my steps. But this is certainly something a GM can do if you can find one.

Okies just read it wasn't locked down and poofed, sorry. My bad.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
left/right click retrieve?
I tried every fashion of pulling, making it hold on mouse, I could get the graphic to stick to my mouse now and then, but it would never "pick it up".

Do you frequently do house changes so close to server reset ?
I've recently matched my husbands sleeping schedule and wasn't thinking about not being able to get help at that hour. I won't be doing things like this past eleven pm my time anymore. :D

All I was doing was dropping and locking. It was five am when I decided to drop it. I tried various methods to retrieve it and even updated EC to log in and see if it would do something different.

I would wager it fell through the corner like how we can be targeted or fight through corners. But can't reach the dead body through corners to loot.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not entirely sure of the situation. But if you can raise it with the house tool? You might need to start the process with getting the tool cursor inside the house. Run around outside to get to the area you want to target and target the item. Run back around and get in your house before the door closes (or the door becomes the last target lol) then do the last target last action kind of macro (can't remember exactly which macro combination does this but you can experiment in the house on something) to get it to raise. It's been awhile but I think I did something like this putting a teleporter on my steps. But this is certainly something a GM can do if you can find one.

Okies just read it wasn't locked down and poofed, sorry. My bad.

yeah, I have a macro set for repeat raising when using the deco tool. I took down that whole corner though to make it easier for a GM to see it.

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What server do you play on? Doesnt help the situation that happened per se but I have wheel barrows on every shard except LS as thats where I play. At least then you would have one.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lock item down and than raise it CTRL Shift will allow you to target it.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you get a message that you can't lock down the item because it's "not in your house" - it recently happened to me with a stack of boards

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Do not every try to drag a heavy item up stairs if you have transparency on, or even if you don't. It's a recipe to quickly see your items fall to the floor below, or under the house on the main floor.

I've done this, lost a comm box with a plat worth of stuff in it.

You can page a GM immediately and hope they get there before it decays or you can empty EVERYTHING from the house and then use the resize option to remove the house without risking the plot and quickly grab the item before someone else does.

If you drop a chest under the house you should also know that things inside the chest may vanish and decay before the entire chest does. This is a really annoying bug.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(I don't know if I am tagging him correctly but) @sibble was kind enough to seek me out and give me one.

Thank you so very much Sibble!!! :)

Yeah, it gave that message that it could not be locked down since it is technically not on the floor, but I did try that too! I could see the tag, but it was saying it was out of sight when I attempted to pick it up from outside, inside, back side. I even changed my message to a suggested sentence to saying "out of sight" specifically. (can't say out of sight without hearing DY NO MIITE!!!)
That corner will be quarantined from any items of importance henceforth!

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If it happens again you might also try a horde minion summon, they can sometimes grab things that players can not reach.... Can imagine your frustrations! We once couldn't reach our corpse in Shame 2 since we died under the stairs somehow, which must have given similar emotions.
Nice one Sibble!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it happens again you might also try a horde minion summon, they can sometimes grab things that players can not reach.... Can imagine your frustrations! We once couldn't reach our corpse in Shame 2 since we died under the stairs somehow, which must have given similar emotions.
Nice one Sibble!
I will be making me a horde minion summoning char today! I never really had a desire to make one, but that is all I need is a little push. (even if it can't pick up everything!) :D

and Sibble is indeed a wonderful person.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost a Luck talisman same way - damn Luna Houses have shoddy floorboards! After waiting 40 minutes for GM /no response , my bed called :(

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried the horde minion trick of course ... but it didn't work

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't ... but if you can keep it moving it shouldn't decay... However usually when I page a GM it's very late at night and I get an email sometime in the morning several hours after I've paged.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
He is indeed a wonderful specimen of a human being. I recently died and was brought back to life miraculously by some wonderful doctors. but unfortunately i still see ghosts all around me, and he was nice enough to give me a conjurers trinket so i could battle the undead and live a safe and happy life!!
TY again sibble!! without you none of this would be possible

Rage Munkie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
He is indeed a wonderful specimen of a human being. I recently died and was brought back to life miraculously by some wonderful doctors. but unfortunately i still see ghosts all around me, and he was nice enough to give me a conjurers trinket so i could battle the undead and live a safe and happy life!!
TY again sibble!! without you none of this would be possible
What a great guy he is man this game would suck without sibble!!